GBGallardo aka Robert Himler

emanon

Wow...incredibly sad. RIP Robert. :(

I did not know him personally, but PM'd with him a few times and he always seemed like a cool guy. I always admired him because like Sprite and so many of the other younger owners on the forum, he seemed to have achieved so much at such a young age and seemed to be living the dream. You just never know. Hearing something like this really puts things in perspective, as I bet there are a thousand kids on Robert's facebook page/car channel that saw his cars and heard his stories (never knowing about his health condition)...that would have traded places with him in an instance to live that lifestyle. As my Mom always says, "You have nothing without your health".

So sad for his parents as well. Having lost a friend a couple years ago to cancer at age 26, this one hit home for me.

Its nice to hear the stories and that everyone has such kind words to say about him. Wish I had gotten the chance to meet him personally as well.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So sad. I had no idea.

I unfortunately got my diagnosis for the big 'C' two days ago. Meeting with Vanderbilt doctors next week to go over everything. Scary fcuking disease and not the phone call you ever want to get.

RIP... way too young!

So sad. I had no idea.

I unfortunately got my diagnosis for the big 'C' two days ago. Meeting with Vanderbilt doctors next week to go over everything. Scary fcuking disease and not the phone call you ever want to get.

Sorry to hear that MHayes... sending you a ton of mojo!!

Children should never predecease their parents. Cancer buried my sister one year ago yesterday. My mom is still a mess.

I understand Robert had stomach cancer. RIP and condolences to his parents.

So sad. I had no idea.

I wish you nothing but the best, stay strong!

Children should never predecease their parents. Cancer buried my sister one year ago yesterday. My mom is still a mess.

Porter I am terribly sorry for your loss, may your sister rest in peace ! :(

So sad. I had no idea.

Wishing you luck with everything, you are in my prayers.

My condolences regarding your sister.

A lot of people who did not know Robert personally didn't know how caring and good-hearted he actually was. Regardless of all the things some may have "heard" about him he always had good intentions and wanted to make others around him better. I wish this day had never come. Health is something that can never be taken for granted. RIP

So sad. I had no idea.

Stay strong, good luck and God bless! :turboalex:

My condoloncences brother! :(

You never know what hand you have been dealt with. It's such a shame to hear of young people passing regardless of the cause, but more so by something that he could do nothing about. This is why I and everyone should try to be good human beings. Tells the ones close to you that you love them, don't let small disagreements ruin your days or weeks, live a life full of smiles and thankfulness for waking up in the morning because you never know when it may be our last.

RIP Robert

Sincerest condolences to anyone who has family / friends that have succumbed to cancer.

So sad. I had no idea.

So sorry to hear. Sending prayers your way and for your to beat this disease.

So sad. I had no idea.

Matt,

Very sorry to hear this. You'll be in my prayers man, hope you kick its ass and send it running!

So sorry Porter. :( I can't imagine losing my sister. Wishing you and your family the best.

So sad. I had no idea.

Sorry to hear that, stay strong.

So sad. I had no idea.

Stay positive and go kick the shit out of it! Shoot me a PM if you ever need to chat buddy. :icon_thumleft:

I had no idea. Holy shit. Wow. RIP man. So sad. Too young. I feel like I should be reading an April Fool's joke, but this is just too sad.

Very sad. I only knew of him thru here, he seemed like a nice, enthusiastic young guy and then shit hit the fan and I stopped paying attention. Regardless, Rest in Peace and condolences to friends and family. To the others that posted with their personal challenges, I wish you nothing but Strength and Prayers.

I met Robert in 2008/2009 and enjoyed our many adventures in Columbus and PA in his Gallardo. We kept in touch throughout the years, though not as much recently. I had no idea he was seriously ill and the news has been a shock to say the least. I'll be thinking of him and his family and I will not let the reminder about the brevity of life go by unnoticed. You just never know.