GBGallardo aka Robert Himler

emanon

Wow, i was blindsided by this.

While there where times that i didnt always agree with his way of going about things it was hard to argue with his success and passion for cars. Sad to see him go.

Hayes, Stay strong and know youve got alot of people here backing you up.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt Haynes, very saddened by your recent diagnosis. You are very young, and Im sure you will nip this in the bud and be just fine.

Porter, very sorry for your loss. I know what its like to lose a sibling. sucks.

As for Robert, I wont claim to be Roberts best friend, simply someone who spoke to him via the internet for many years ( starting when he said he was buying a Gallardo, and everyone laughed at him) . I think I was the first one he sent pics of it to, asking what I thought, how to handle the purchase etc etc. I had met him for lunch a few years back, and then he came to LA to visit a little less then a year ago. As some of you know he left his car at my house, and Deuce and I took care of it for him. I cant help but think, that the terrible backlash he received on the internet either created or accelerated his condition. Anyways, I find it laughable at those who now come out of the wood work as shocked, we were such good friends, we were like brothers etc, when over the last couple years you didnt even have the slightest of contact to know what was going on. Especially those looking for attention on social media as to their terrible grief.

so sad. He had messaged me when I was still at fabspeed about collaborating on some things.. it never did happen but from our brief chats he seemed like a great guy (and younger than me..) it really makes you think.

My condolensces to all of his family.

MHaynes772 - My thoughts and prayers are with you!

Porter - Im sorry to hear of your loss, my belated condolensces to you and your family as well.

Never knew the guy RIP! way too young to go :(

Matt, fight the fight.

Porter sorry for your loss! I lost my brother (he was 20) in 94. Time helps.

Damn that terrible...24 is way to young for anyone.

MHaynes -- fight the hell out of it and never give in. You can beat it!

Porter -- sorry to hear about the loss of your sister.

Didn't expect to visit a thread like this on LP tonight...F Cancer!

Very sad and awful for Robert's parents, RIP.

Matt and anyone else who might read this thread and has the big C, a couple of places to investigate:

-Duke university is doing experimental treatments with polio virus that has been genetically modified not to cause paralysis, they inject the virus directly into the tumor which seems to alert the immune system and cause it to attack the tumor. The cure rate has been phenomenal depending on the type of cancer.

-Israel, the leading country in the world in stem cell research and use of stem cells in cancer treatment.

Best of luck Matt.

Porter, so sorry brother, I don't know if anyone ever gets over such a loss completely even though time makes it a little more digestible. I had a few good friends die when they were 14 and 15 and I still think about them.

-Duke university is doing experimental treatments with polio virus that has been genetically modified not to cause paralysis, they inject the virus directly into the tumor which seems to alert the immune system and cause it to attack the tumor. The cure rate has been phenomenal depending on the type of cancer.

This has actually been really exciting progress in the brain tumor world because they're often inoperable or operations will cause serious side effects. I'm excited to see where this leads. (My father died of a malignant brain tumor, as did his sister, and I had a benign one, all within four years of each other..)

There IS hope for better treatments. We just have to keep researching and fighting until we figure some of these diseases out. Too many are dying too young. Of course, many do win their battles, and we should encourage those fighting cancer to maintain hope and to keep pushing forward as well.

This has actually been really exciting progress in the brain tumor world because they're often inoperable or operations will cause serious side effects. I'm excited to see where this leads. (My father died of a malignant brain tumor, as did his sister, and I had a benign one, all within four years of each other..)

There IS hope for better treatments. We just have to keep researching and fighting until we figure some of these diseases out. Too many are dying too young. Of course, many do win their battles, and we should encourage those fighting cancer to maintain hope and to keep pushing forward as well.

I first saw it on 60 minutes, so I decided to follow up and do more research on it. This is going to change the bar in cancer treatment and how new drugs will be developed.

It is commonly believed that cancer cells hide their presence in the body and are not recognized by the immune system, hence they grow at free will.

The polio virus makes the immune system aware of the presence of a foreign hostile body of cells and then, the immune system goes to work and attacks the tumors.

In the brain, the biggest challenge has been the amount of virus to use. The initially selected dose worked with a few patients, hence they increased the dosage in the next few patients and the results were terrible, all because of too much inflammation in the cranium due to the massive immune response. So now, the initial dose has been reduced even more and the results are back on track, if not better. Even better news is that the virus is also effective in other forms of cancer such a lung, colo rectal , liver and pancreatic.

Work has already started on a new class of drugs that will follow the same path as the virus, activate the immune system and let it attack foreign masses and bodies without harming the healthy cells.

Never knew Robert personally but judging from the out pour of posts here, he must have been a very cool person.

Way too young to pass on, R.I.P.

Matt, fight the big C hard, quite sure that everyone here is cheering for you.

Porter, very sorry to learn of your lost; my belated condolences.

Matt Haynes, very saddened by your recent diagnosis. You are very young, and Im sure you will nip this in the bud and be just fine.

Porter, very sorry for your loss. I know what its like to lose a sibling. sucks.

As for Robert, I wont claim to be Roberts best friend, simply someone who spoke to him via the internet for many years ( starting when he said he was buying a Gallardo, and everyone laughed at him) . I think I was the first one he sent pics of it to, asking what I thought, how to handle the purchase etc etc. I had met him for lunch a few years back, and then he came to LA to visit a little less then a year ago. As some of you know he left his car at my house, and Deuce and I took care of it for him. I cant help but think, that the terrible backlash he received on the internet either created or accelerated his condition. Anyways, I find it laughable at those who now come out of the wood work as shocked, we were such good friends, we were like brothers etc, when over the last couple years you didnt even have the slightest of contact to know what was going on. Especially those looking for attention on social media as to their terrible grief.

Well said.

I had talked to him a few times over the internet, sent him some gear from the company I used to work for, and then finally got to meet him last year when he was in town. Had dinner with him and Deuce and he couldn't have been nicer. Then drove with all of you a couple days later. So unfortunate to see him go this early. I barely knew him but you could tell he wasn't doing okay, so anyone that was his friend should have known.

Very sad to hear about Robert, and through his ups and downs you could see he was a nice guy even without meeting him.

Prayers to his parents , family and friends.

Also another somber reminder of how fragile life is and how often it hits home with members here (chimay52, peak, come to mind).

Matt, best of luck to you buddy, I'm confident you can battle it. Your experience in the music business I'm sure has built a resilience that will prove useful in this new journey.

Porter, my condolences to you for losing your sister. I can't imagine losing mine or my brother and will be grateful I haven't had to find out. Best of luck coping my friend.

RIP Robert, and my deepest condolences to the Family. Don't know anything about any social media frenzy or hatred.. but didn't his girlfriend and him have some scam going with binary Trading and some selfhelp "how to get rich" guides online? I thought that was the reason he became somewhat of an outcast on here. Doesnt matter, and not the thread for this either..

No one should die at 24, such a tragedy :( I remember when he first got that green Gallardo, and posted that video of him giving a ride to his mom. That was insanely hilarious :D I think that was the first time I saw a acceleration reaction video.. so he pioneered that for me :D I hope he has some cool cars with him up there he can cruise around in .. RIP Again.

Matt; So sorry to hear.. My thoughts are with you, and I am certain that you'll you fight that fucker and win all over it!

A very close friend of mine is dealing with a brain tumor right now. They've lost some motor function and said it has impacted their life pretty dramatically. It's so sad. I only hope they can make a full recovery. It's sad watching someone fade away. Cancer sucks.

RIP Robert, and my deepest condolences to the Family. Don't know anything about any social media frenzy or hatred.. but didn't his girlfriend and him have some scam going with binary Trading and some selfhelp "how to get rich" guides online? I thought that was the reason he became somewhat of an outcast on here. Doesnt matter, and not the thread for this either..

Way off, He had a book about his personal thoughts on success and his GF still has a company that teaches basics of trading... not a scam at all.

Very sad news, He was so friendly, once had a skype call with him, He def inspired me to be where I am today!

A reminder to live life to its fullest!

Thoughts and prayers to the family. RIP LP Brethren

Was going through some of my old photos/videos today.

Short Vid from last time we had the opportunity to hang out. That GTT was bad ass.

What a terrible tragedy! Of course shocking as well. EXTREMELY sad. :(

Matt, fight the big C hard, quite sure that everyone here is cheering for you.

Porter, very sorry to learn of your loss; my belated condolences.

^^ I second both of the above whole-heartedly!