GBGallardo aka Robert Himler

emanon

RIP, very sad.

This is a video that XXX put together as a tribute to him.

That vid around 4:25.. Rob is wondering if he'll see his friend again, and the guy replies 'nah Ill be in NY" for a long time..and Rob just keeps humble and says have a safe trip. That's the guy I met, humble and polite. RIP Rob.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RIP, very sad.

This is a video that XXX put together as a tribute to him.

Damn that is a tear jerker. .

Memorial Servce was last night. Funeral is today. Like Allen, I made a tribute video for Robert last week. Came to me just after his diagnosis to plot strategy. He was brave, strong and determined to the very end.

Miss you buddy. RIP Brother.

#GoneButNEVERForgotten

So sad. I had no idea.

I unfortunately got my diagnosis for the big 'C' two days ago. Meeting with Vanderbilt doctors next week to go over everything. Scary fcuking disease and not the phone call you ever want to get.

Best of luck man. I just had a biopsy today, a long week ahead of me waiting for results, but doctor says he wouldn't be surprised if it comes back as melanoma and I have no idea how long I've gone with it :(

fcuk cancer.

Best of luck man. I just had a biopsy today, a long week ahead of me waiting for results, but doctor says he wouldn't be surprised if it comes back as melanoma and I have no idea how long I've gone with it :(

fcuk cancer.

Man that sucks and I know what you will be going through for the next week, I had a biopsy about a year ago, doctor told me he was surprised when it came back negative but I can tell you I though about things that I haven't thought about in years.

Best of luck to both of you and I will be keeping everything crossed for you.

fcuk cancer.

Damn! Stay strong sprite!

fcuk cancer.

Just keep positive thoughts man. Sometimes docs are wrong. They didn't even want to biopsy mine because they said it was just a normal lipoma and removing it would just be cosmetic. I opted to have it removed, thank God.

So for those interested, my cancer is called Dermatofibrosarcoma Protuberans. It's an extremely rare cancer, less than 1%. But it was caught early, and I have my surgery scheduled for May 8th. That should be it. Gotta love the 3 days between telling me and then following up with what the plan was haha.

Just keep positive thoughts man. Sometimes docs are wrong. They didn't even want to biopsy mine because they said it was just a normal lipoma and removing it would just be cosmetic. I opted to have it removed, thank God.

So for those interested, my cancer is called Dermatofibrosarcoma Protuberans. It's an extremely rare cancer, less than 1%. But it was caught early, and I have my surgery scheduled for May 8th. That should be it. Gotta love the 3 days between telling me and then following up with what the plan was haha.

Crazy rare. I'm glad your getting cured.

fcuk cancer.

All will be well my man. Stay positive!!

fcuk cancer.

If caught early, chance of recovery is extremely good.

Stay positive & strong.

Can someone please tell me how people discover they have cancer? I once asked a doc this when I was in HS, and he said basically you don't screen for it until you know something is wrong. That just seemed messed up - so are there (inexpensive) ways to screen or do you need a full body MRi or something at random intervals?

Can someone please tell me how people discover they have cancer? I once asked a doc this when I was in HS, and he said basically you don't screen for it until you know something is wrong. That just seemed messed up - so are there (inexpensive) ways to screen or do you need a full body MRi or something at random intervals?

That's a great question for some of our medical experts like DoctaM3.

I have long believed that if everyone were to get an MRI of their head, for example, that the prevalence of brain tumors would be much higher than we might expect. You don't just get an MRI of your brain for fun but I had a brain tumor for about twenty years without knowing about it. Luckily mine was benign. How many more people have one right now and have no idea?

I assume the other problem is that there are many types of cancer, some don't show themselves unless you're seeking them, and even then they can be hard to detect until there's a real issue. The tests and scans are expensive and most insurance companies don't cover them if they're not considered medically necessary (pre-authorized after a doctor orders the scan).

Like he said above, you usually don't know until something is wrong. I had a small lump in my right pec. Got it checked over a year ago, they said it was just normal fatty tissue build up. Finally went back 2 weeks ago to get it checked again bc it was becoming larger and getting red and starting to get sensitive.

My advice is, if you think you're having an issue, just get checked. Better safe than sorry, always!

Man you guys better take care of yourselves and knock this cancer shit out, we don't need to revisit this thread v2.0 anytime soon.

That's a great question for some of our medical experts like DoctaM3.

I have long believed that if everyone were to get an MRI of their head, for example, that the prevalence of brain tumors would be much higher than we might expect. You don't just get an MRI of your brain for fun but I had a brain tumor for about twenty years without knowing about it. Luckily mine was benign. How many more people have one right now and have no idea?

I assume the other problem is that there are many types of cancer, some don't show themselves unless you're seeking them, and even then they can be hard to detect until there's a real issue. The tests and scans are expensive and most insurance companies don't cover them if they're not considered medically necessary (pre-authorized after a doctor orders the scan).

Cancer is a very general term for an overgrowth of cells. There is no one test that wil detect it. Tests are often based on genetics as a lot of cancers have a genetic link. Others are based on whatever may cause them. The best thing you can do to completely avoid cancer is not drink, not smoke, not have sex, not eat but the healthiest of foods, avoid the sun, make sure you choose your parents well. So basically all you can do it look for signs and symptoms and hope.

A few years ago, I went to Atlantic City the day after Christmas with a couple of my friends (spontaneous trip to Caesars Palace for a night). While we were there, a friend of mine that was the picture of health (26 years old, well-built 6'4", athletic, NO health issues, etc.) started complaining that his stomach was killing him. We went to a big seafood buffet for dinner and I remember how bad he felt because he had paid almost $50 for dinner, and ended up not eating a thing.

A few days later he had a New Years Eve party at his house, where he continued to complain that his stomach cramps were getting worse and that he was finally going to see a Doctor. Whatever the Doctor found at that visit, must have scared him in a BIG way, because my friend was immediatly sent for a bunch of tests.

On January 18th (less than a month after that first pain in his stomach), him and his family revealed that the diagnosis was stage 4 cancer, that had gone COMPLETELY undetected (most likely for years). When I got the news, I thought it was a sick joke as NONE of us in his circle of friends could believe it was true. It was almost uneblievable to all of us, so I can't imagine what my friend and his family were going through.

His story did not have a happy ending unfortunately, as he passed away almost a year later in January 2013. It happened so fast that even now it all feels like a bad dream.

Cancer is a horrible, horrible disease that can sneak up on you with devastating consequences. For anyone currently being tested or going through it, I hope that you have a quick recovery and that early detection is a lifesaver. You'll all be in my prayers.

fcuk cancer.

The fcuk?

We've got way too many people on this forum who have, or have been diagnosed with cancer...

fcuk cancer.

Sending prayers your way as well brother! Hoping for the best. :(