So who ordered an SV?

FEVIPER

Surely it's just clear coated over the top and the same, + weight of the lacquer

Both must have resin binding just a top or finish difference? Like matte or gloss paint as an example but obv not the same

There are 3 main types of CF manufacturing processes.

Wet lay up

Resin Infusion

Pre Preg CF

Pre Preg is commonly called Dry CF whilst the first two are commonly known as Wet CF.

Pre Preg CF is stronger than the two "wet" processes. Its lighter due to the more efficient use of resin. Its stronger due to the more efficient resin distribution in the fibre/resin alloy.

The finishes applied to the CF pieces shouldn't be confused with the base processes.

I am not sure if the SV CF is a true DryCF (Pre Preg CF) or if it a "wet" process CF with a matt finish. Logic suggests it is a true Dry CF because they were trying to save weight. It would be interesting if someone could find out which one of the 3 processes was used. Then we would know for sure.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure if the SV CF is a true DryCF (Pre Preg CF) or if it a "wet" process CF with a matt finish. Logic suggests it is a true Dry CF because they were trying to save weight. It would be interesting if someone could find out which one of the 3 processes was used. Then we would know for sure.

Don't know about the exterior pieces for the SV but 90% sure that the chassis of the Aventador is pre-preg. Was given a tour at the factory and I recall the rep saying something about it. Pre-preg also requires to be stored at certain temperature to keep "fresh", correct? If so, then quite sure it is pre-preg.

Finally saw an SV in the flesh...Rosso Bia looks completely different than in the pics. The SV looks very aggressive and is the interior is stunning. More pics to come soon :eusa_dance:

post-8919-1436601855_thumb.jpg

I do know what else to say-like that's a surprise lol

Where is this car at? I'd like to fly there and see it. Pics ain't getting it done for me. I'm not interested in driving it, I've driven enough cars to make me happy.

I just need to see the car in the flesh and wrap my head around it.

Normally I can do this easy, this car is tricky for me. Perhaps I'm getting old. I'm not over thinking it. It's just the pics ain't getting me all the perspective I need.

Seeing the car for a hour or 2 would give me the mental image I can work from

Soon at I see it I'll have the "ahh ha" moment and I'll have it all figured out.

Is like to see one before the factory and have a game plan.

I'll jump on a flight any day and cover all my costs. It's worth it and would be a fun day!

Thanks

Eric

Carbon Fiber Footrest - A must have!

Awesome! Congrats. Looks sick. Would you be able to get a close up of that cf footrest. I may include that into my build as well. Many thx.

I do know what else to say-like that's a surprise lol

Where is this car at? I'd like to fly there and see it. Pics ain't getting it done for me. I'm not interested in driving it, I've driven enough cars to make me happy.

I just need to see the car in the flesh and wrap my head around it.

Normally I can do this easy, this car is tricky for me. Perhaps I'm getting old. I'm not over thinking it. It's just the pics ain't getting me all the perspective I need.

Seeing the car for a hour or 2 would give me the mental image I can work from

Soon at I see it I'll have the "ahh ha" moment and I'll have it all figured out.

Is like to see one before the factory and have a game plan.

I'll jump on a flight any day and cover all my costs. It's worth it and would be a fun day!

Thanks

Eric

Man, how could someone turn that down, especially you covering your own costs!

Is this the first car stateside?

It may very well be. We thought mine may be as it will be here in 4 days. But looks like I got snuffed! LOL!

The Eagle Has Landed . . .

One small step for Toecutter, One giant leap for LP :icon_thumleft:

Congrats! The car looks awesome! Enjoy it in good health! We are of course going to need more pics :icon_mrgreen: MOAR PICS!!!!! :eusa_dance:

Enjoy the beast and Thanks for posting!

I hate to ask - but any engine shots por fa vor.

The wait on my delivery is not going to be easy add seeing these deliveries are extremely painful - feel free to rub it in with some driving impressions.

On a side note ... LV Eric I feel your pain so how about we all find out when / where the US unveiling takes place and go!

Signed sealed - now it needs to be delivered!

Cleaned up the SV spec made some solid changes.

Admittedly not a fan of the glass engine bay on the SV - have / had a few glass engine bays and too many people belly up to the bumper.

Being slightly tight lipped - it's a track focussed spec.

Confirmed #2 Roadster at the dealer.

Been sitting on a Austin Healey 3000 - time to drag it out of the garage and begin the last 10% of restoration. Need to keep my mind off the SV spec.