So who ordered an SV?

FEVIPER

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll consult the dealer next week. I'm leaning towards Grigio Telesto with orange callipers, decal and interior.

Nice spec!

Please let me know the price - had the dealer price Ballon White and it was a few thousand less around 12k IIRC.

Look at LP720 Roadster images to try and get an idea - as someone else said the SV looks great in any color. Decided to avoid the glass engine bay and carbon engine bay. Matte white or Flat is my last decision but would really like to visit the factory it's so far away from delivery and who knows what ideas owners have in their pocket.

This is going to be a special car - the last naturally aspirated single clutch SV. I am far from a fan of dual clutches and turbo's.

Nice spec!

Please let me know the price - had the dealer price Ballon White and it was a few thousand less around 12k IIRC.

Look at LP720 Roadster images to try and get an idea - as someone else said the SV looks great in any color. Decided to avoid the glass engine bay and carbon engine bay. Matte white or Flat is my last decision but would really like to visit the factory it's so far away from delivery and who knows what ideas owners have in their pocket.

This is going to be a special car - the last naturally aspirated single clutch SV. I am far from a fan of dual clutches and turbo's.

Different strokes for different folkes... I CANNOT wait for this clunky single clutch transmission to be a thing of the past. That will be a great day...

I have to admit that I'm not a fan of the Dianthus wheels. I'd be tempted to spec the Diones and then swap them out for a set of HRE's or ADV.1's. Does anyone know if either of those companies currently do or plan to offer them in centre lock versions for the SV?

I have to admit that I'm not a fan of the Dianthus wheels. I'd be tempted to spec the Diones and then swap them out for a set of HRE's or ADV.1's. Does anyone know if either of those companies currently do or plan to offer them in centre lock versions for the SV?

I have HREs on all my cars and I know they were able to do centre locks for my friends Gemballa Mirage GT.

I am not a fan of aftermarket anything on a limited production super car. It's one thing to have the factory tweak things and or the dealer.

Then you get into the "oh shit" moment on a 215 mph vehicle - it's best to stick with factory set up if you plan on pushing the car to it's limits which is what brought to me to the brand. Before the under 7 minute ring time I liked the Aventador but now I love it!

Decided on Matte white paint / Blue interior and hoping they will custom paint the large SV on the rear to match the Blue interior and Blue calipers which should be easy since the Blue interior is based on Nethus.

post-213219-1437400574_thumb.jpg

Different strokes for different folkes... I CANNOT wait for this clunky single clutch transmission to be a thing of the past. That will be a great day...

:iamwithstupid:

Only bit I think of Aventador that's very poor, unless your nailing it and then it's ok, but Huracan dual clutch would put aventador in to another league of special when it comes and would make it a much better and more rounded car.

:iamwithstupid:

Only bit I think of Aventador that's very poor, unless your nailing it and then it's ok, but Huracan dual clutch would put aventador in to another league of special when it comes and would make it a much better and more rounded car.

Well we could have a long fun discussion.

The weight on the AWD IMO doesn't outweigh that (slop). The Aventador followed more F1 than any Ferrari being built today and they live in that arena. The design / size doesn't allow for the bigger heavier wet systems. Implementing wet systems the whole thing would have to almost start from scratch.

I have a lot of confidence the system was upgraded for the SV vs the standard Aventador which will feel much different along with the settings that will be much more focussed on the selection.

They dropped a ton of time at the Ring on the SV vs the standard - that doesn't come easy.

Hopefully we will begin to hear some driving impressions because mine is not showing up for 8 months!

FWIW - I have never sat in a Lamborghini but that's true with every car I own and have yet to be disappointed.

Well we could have a long fun discussion.

The weight on the AWD IMO doesn't outweigh that (slop). The Aventador followed more F1 than any Ferrari being built today and they live in that arena. The design / size doesn't allow for the bigger heavier wet systems. Implementing wet systems the whole thing would have to almost start from scratch.

I have a lot of confidence the system was upgraded for the SV vs the standard Aventador which will feel much different along with the settings that will be much more focussed on the selection.

They dropped a ton of time at the Ring on the SV vs the standard - that doesn't come easy.

Hopefully we will begin to hear some driving impressions because mine is not showing up for 8 months!

FWIW - I have never sat in a Lamborghini but that's true with every car I own and have yet to be disappointed.

So you have never driven the Aventador?

DCT would complete transform the Aventador, I hope they will work out a way to pair it to that screaming V12.

I agree. One of the main reasons why I never fell in love with the car when I drove it. Brutal in city driving and traffic...

So you have never driven the Aventador?

Nope and that goes for every car I have ever owned - never test driven a car.

There is plenty of good info as Fortis stated I am hopeful they figured out how to maximize the SV.

Nice spec!

Grigo Telesto appears to be the same price as Balloon White.

Grigo Telesto appears to be the same price as Balloon White.

Still a great color - admittedly know nothing about Lamborghini color samples have to assume there must be a past history for their no charge offerings in flat metallic and pearl.

The only reason I chose matte was the abundance of matte plastic and carbon fiber to change the CF into glossy was offensively priced and the tops will be on the car minimal so no need to spend money on them.

I just bought the plate for my car.

Compliant plate:-

post-63670-1437416867.jpg

As it will appear on my car:-

post-63670-1437416932.jpg

Now I need to think long and hard what colour to go for.

post-63670-1437416867.jpg

post-63670-1437416932.jpg

Ummmmmm. Giallo Orion???

I am not a fan of aftermarket anything on a limited production super car. It's one thing to have the factory tweak things and or the dealer.

Then you get into the "oh shit" moment on a 215 mph vehicle - it's best to stick with factory set up if you plan on pushing the car to it's limits which is what brought to me to the brand. Before the under 7 minute ring time I liked the Aventador but now I love it!

Decided on Matte white paint / Blue interior and hoping they will custom paint the large SV on the rear to match the Blue interior and Blue calipers which should be easy since the Blue interior is based on Nethus.

My understanding was the blue interior was based on the sidious....at least i thought that was what FEVIIPER said a few pages ago...

image.jpg

image.jpg

I like that :icon_thumleft:

First Impressions:

This thing is angry! I met it parked amongst roadsters and aventador coupes and it has this massive presence! It starts up angry and growls as you push it to speed. Night and day more extreme than anything I have driven outside of the Sesto or a full on race car.

Dash and cabin are awesome! Carbon skin was worth it to me. Everthing feels like my 08 and 12 SL. Very raw and crazy. Cockpit is much different feeling than a regular Aventador. More like a fighter jet/race car feel. forward TFT is crazy nice.

I like the sport seats but they are harder than the comfort seats but feel similar to my 12 SL seats. They are narrow and more race like than any other lambo seats I have sat in. If you have very wide hips, they may be uncomfortable but they complement the cockpit well.

I didnt get a lot of drving today and will do more tomorrow. My first feeling is that everything is dialed up to 11. The car was moving faster than I could keep up with the experience.

Observations:

Very low in the front. Lower than a regular Aventador. Lift is a must

Side mirrors should have been in CF. Not bad but could have been better.

I think the exhaust note is plenty. There will always be those who want louder.

Large SV sticker costs about $50 per inch of vinyl but is worth it. Makes the car.

Painting or powder coating the wheel ring won't last long with tire service. Getting a wheel off appears to be quite an ordeal with special tools.

Makes my Huracan look like a Chrysler K car when they are parked side by side.

Congrats!

Sounds like it's everything a race car should be.

One question - waist size - great reason to drop a few!

I asked for CF mirrors - factory denied.

Enjoy!

First Impressions:

This thing is angry! I met it parked amongst roadsters and aventador coupes and it has this massive presence! It starts up angry and growls as you push it to speed. Night and day more extreme than anything I have driven outside of the Sesto or a full on race car.

Dash and cabin are awesome! Carbon skin was worth it to me. Everthing feels like my 08 and 12 SL. Very raw and crazy. Cockpit is much different feeling than a regular Aventador. More like a fighter jet/race car feel. forward TFT is crazy nice.

I like the sport seats but they are harder than the comfort seats but feel similar to my 12 SL seats. They are narrow and more race like than any other lambo seats I have sat in. If you have very wide hips, they may be uncomfortable but they complement the cockpit well.

I didnt get a lot of drving today and will do more tomorrow. My first feeling is that everything is dialed up to 11. The car was moving faster than I could keep up with the experience.

Observations:

Very low in the front. Lower than a regular Aventador. Lift is a must

Side mirrors should have been in CF. Not bad but could have been better.

I think the exhaust note is plenty. There will always be those who want louder.

Large SV sticker costs about $50 per inch of vinyl but is worth it. Makes the car.

Painting or powder coating the wheel ring won't last long with tire service. Getting a wheel off appears to be quite an ordeal with special tools.

Makes my Huracan look like a Chrysler K car when they are parked side by side.

Thanks for the write up, gets me fired up to drive mine! Did you have an Aventador before this one? Would like to hear a comparison.

It really isnt the waist, It is the thighs and buttocks that are squeezed into place. Reminds me most of a NASCAR car I sat in once but more comfortable.

I passed on all previous Aventadors waiting on this car. I put my deposit on an SV when the Aventador was launched. I have about 5 hours of seat time on the track, on the road and in Italy in various Aventadors but I have not owned one. I can't give an owners comparison but also know that the Aventador has improved and matured since the early launch car with every one I drove. Was very close to taking a 50th but passed. It will be interesting to hear a late model Aventador owners comparison.

It really isnt the waist, It is the thighs and buttocks that are squeezed into place. Reminds me most of a NASCAR car I sat in once but more comfortable.

I passed on all previous Aventadors waiting on this car. I put my deposit on an SV when the Aventador was launched. I have about 5 hours of seat time on the track, on the road and in Italy in various Aventadors but I have not owned one. I can't give an owners comparison but also know that the Aventador has improved and matured since the early launch car with every one I drove. Was very close to taking a 50th but passed. It will be interesting to hear a late model Aventador owners comparison.

I'll let you know in a week :icon_thumleft:

Perfect - without the harness option sounds like they came up with the next best thing.

Sounds like it is more than worthy of the wait.