So who ordered an SV?

FEVIPER

Does the exhaust valves open fully in sport and corsa like the Huracan? Or is there another extra software needed to do this?

Also how loud compared to the Huracan?

Thanks

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Different strokes for different folkes... I CANNOT wait for this clunky single clutch transmission to be a thing of the past. That will be a great day...

I agree with that 93.65%

I like it the other 6% lol

Different strokes for different folkes... I CANNOT wait for this clunky single clutch transmission to be a thing of the past. That will be a great day...

Long live the single clutch :turboalex: From a driving experience nothing feels more raw and special than the single clutch...Interestingly my three favorite modern cars both happen to have them (The Aventador and the Zonda & Huayra) :eusa_dance:

Long live the single clutch :turboalex: From a driving experience nothing feels more raw and special than the single clutch...Interestingly my three favorite modern cars both happen to have them (The Aventador and the Zonda & Huayra) :eusa_dance:

I understand why you like it and especially considering the Paganis. I love it too... On the track.

But daily needs, especially coming out of a F12 or Huracan, I hate it.

What about the remaining 0.35%? :)

i was going to address that and got distracted, thank you for reminding me.

i'm undecided on the .35% of the remaining time. :P

lol

hope everyone has been well, i was off line the past few days-all is good.

Just back from a run. The car is spectacular!!! Everyyhing is so raw and on edge. This car is what Lamborghini is. Wow!! Wow!! Wow!!!

Keep it coming!

By the way - being new here it's refreshing to see you guys actually drive your cars!

How's the tranny - not "Bruce / Caitlyn" but the single clutch.

I thought the same and then I drove a DCT Huracan :icon_mrgreen:

Just back from a run. The car is spectacular!!! Everyyhing is so raw and on edge. This car is what Lamborghini is. Wow!! Wow!! Wow!!!

i hope your right,

im going to drive mine then take out a Diablo GTR then decide.

my Aventador compaired to my SE30 feels like a Rolls Royce. and that's not a exaggeration, come drive all 3 and see.

I thought the same and then I drove a DCT Huracan :icon_mrgreen:

I've driven the Huracan and it's not violent enough for me...maybe I'm too uncivilized :icon_mrgreen:

i hope your right,

im going to drive mine then take out a Diablo GTR then decide.

my Aventador compaired to my SE30 feels like a Rolls Royce. and that's not a exaggeration, come drive all 3 and see.

Compared to the GTR's and SE30 just about everything will feel like a Rolls Royce :lol2: Those cars are beyond hardcore...they are the embodiment of "don't give a flying f*ck" loud insanity that makes them so special. The only way anyone can make anything like that in the modern era is not in a street legal fashion. A real shame :crybaby2:

I've driven the Huracan and it's not violent enough for me...maybe I'm too uncivilized :icon_mrgreen:

I bet you won't say that after a drive with me :icon_mrgreen:

It is very civilized until you piss it right off :icon_mrgreen:

I bet you won't say that after a drive with me :icon_mrgreen:

It is very civilized until you piss it right off :icon_mrgreen:

Let's make it happen then...I'm overdue for a visit to your side of the world :icon_thumleft:

Not sure what a Diablo or a GT-R have to do with the SV. If you are looking for either experience then stay with those cars. When I want old school Lamborghini, I get in my Countach for the smell of gas and 50/50 chance of making it back.

The SV is a very very good Aventador. Exhaust baffles do open on Sport and Corsa. Not as dramatic a change as the Anime button on the Huracan but clearly the car wakes up.

I dislike DCTs and will not miss my Huracan at all, I found that transmission dull. I really like the SV shift and the emotion in the shift. The remapping felt different to me but I will leave a full comparison to a current standard Aventador owner.

There is a lot going in the cabin. Lack of insulation and dampening makes it more noisy in the cabin and the interior rawness and forward TFT adds to the drama.

This is what I wanted out of Lamborghini and I am very happy. This car is not for everyone and there are few comforts. It is much less of a Rolls Royce than a standard Aventador but they will never make the Diablo era cars again so that experience will remain unique in those cars.

Think 08 SL compared to a standard 08 Gallardo.

Not sure what a Diablo or a GT-R have to do with the SV. If you are looking for either experience then stay with those cars. When I want old school Lamborghini, I get in my Countach for the smell of gas and 50/50 chance of making it back.

The SV is a very very good Aventador. Exhaust baffles do open on Sport and Corsa. Not as dramatic a change as the Anime button on the Huracan but clearly the car wakes up.

I dislike DCTs and will not miss my Huracan at all, I found that transmission dull. I really like the SV shift and the emotion in the shift. The remapping felt different to me but I will leave a full comparison to a current standard Aventador owner.

There is a lot going in the cabin. Lack of insulation and dampening makes it more noisy in the cabin and the interior rawness and forward TFT adds to the drama.

This is what I wanted out of Lamborghini and I am very happy. This car is not for everyone and there are few comforts. It is much less of a Rolls Royce than a standard Aventador but they will never make the Diablo era cars again so that experience will remain unique in those cars.

Thank you for your descriptive reply!!

I'm very excited

I realize it's not going to be like the old cars, I don't drive my remaining countach, hell k only drove my other one 3 times.

I'm just glad the SV has more balls than the regular aventador, they look great but for some reason I can't really describe they just don't turn me on. My Enzo was refined but still wasn't too insulated. I blew it selling it.....:(

Thx again very very much for that post, I was really hoping you would write one like that!!!

Best eric

Again late to the party - so these posts are much appreciated.

There are very few cars that offer a raw experience - but when they come around they are coveted then add the roadster and there are even fewer.

Is there any consensus on what will power the Aventador replacement? Will it be possible to meet future emission targets with a V12 or will they need to add hybrid... or turbocharge the V10?

It will be a day of mourning when Lamborghini drops the V12 from their flagship, I hope they never do.

I never understood the tree hugging BS emission compliance on cars which are manufactured in lesser numbers than the number of shoes my wife has.

It will be a day of mourning when Lamborghini drops the V12 from their flagship, I hope they never do.

I never understood the tree hugging BS emission compliance on cars which are manufactured in lesser numbers than the number of shoes my wife has.

Just the EPA trying to flex it's pull...With the Uras and the fact Lamborghini owns Ducatti they should meet the emission standards across their product range, so the V12 should stick around for at least another generation. Hopefully they keep it NA as well.

Is there any consensus on what will power the Aventador replacement? Will it be possible to meet future emission targets with a V12 or will they need to add hybrid... or turbocharge the V10?

My guess is the 10's & 12's will be given turbo's - it will start off by a Lambo Super Car and that heritage will be passed on. No different than the 918.

The Audi based SUV will add even more pressure to meet epa regs which Lambo moved to the front shelving the hyper car. Audi is driving the new tech and the new engines are going to be tweaked similar from Maser to Ferrari.

Ferrari Porsche - both are moving to turbo thru their entire line up Mcalren went there first and paid the price but all will follow suit.

it will be bitter sweet, my cars will be worth a pile more $, however that will be overshadowed by the sorrow of missing V12's.

IMO its coming sooner than later, not like the current emission standards anywhere are not going to be tightened up, NA is only 1/3 of their market so again the world don't revolve around america contrary to popular belief here. I'll be long gone by then anyways, but I see china and the middle east tightening up as well so the V12's are not going to be around much longer. Which if you consider how few are built and distances driven they use a very small part of the fuel supply. but what do i know......?