fcuking Scorpions in vegas Bit wife!

Vegasgtr

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know a guy that lives out in Vegas. his previous home he was renting had scorpions galore. once, he came home late at night and found one right near his pillow on the bed. then he found 3 in the shower on a different night. one time he got up in the middle of the night and went to the kitchen for some water. he turned on the light and found a scorpion right near his foot looking at him. then he turned the corner near the fridge to find another. he said the worst thing about them was that they were the same colour as the carpet, so they can blend in easily. fortunately, he moved out soon after that.

Sounds like they need to change exterminators lol. Like i said first one we have seen in this house ( almost 2 years) .

I heard chickens eat them.. I think i will rent a chicken for a week :la:

http://rent-a-chicken.net

Check the ceilings/attick. I always worried about the creepy crawlies climbing into bed from a blanket or comforter touching the floor...then one night as i was reading in bed, I leaned over to grab my glass of water....heard a faint pop on my pillow, looked back around and watch a three inch centipede quickly throw me the finger and then proceed to burrow its way under the sheets...it tried to attack me from above...Sweet dreams! :icon_mrgreen:

Man vs Scorpion.

I aint leaving ! If this was happening every week I would leave vegas. the frequency is extremely rare. Not worried.

Plus Hospital is 5 min away with anti venom :D

:aiwebs_001: wtf is wrong with you?!

this thread is disgusting..what am i doing in here...jesus christ..i

:iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid:

NASTY SHIT!!! I'm glad your wife is ok :turboalex:

wow that sucks. glad she is ok.. My cousin grew up in death valley and got stung twice on his ass as a kid curled up in a blanket..

Definitely get the exterminators out there and shake out blankets.. Hope it doesn't happen again.

The only thing that prevents a lot of these creepy-crawlies from growing to be much larger is the lack of oxygen in the atmosphere. Back during the time of Earth when the atmosphere was much more purely oxygen, there were centipedes that were much bigger and three feet long, dragon flies that were seventeen inches long with two-foot wingspans, two-foot long scorpions, etc...the ten inch long centipedes can eat small animals and birds, imagine what the three footers could have eaten.

Sorry to hear. Glad your wife is okay, though! That would be incredibly painful to deal with in a sensitive area such as the neck! Some people end up with anaphylaxis after these bites, and that can be pretty scary to deal with.

We unfortunately end up with 10" long centipedes in our house here in Hawaii. I absolutely hate them, and have seen them twice crawling around on the floor. They're not completely dangerous to humans like some scorpions are, but they can definitely leave you with an infected bite that may sting for hours.

F*** THAT!!

3967970_f260.jpg

Do scorpians actually bite, pinch or sting....or all of the above?

They use pinchers to hold they prey and eat it with their jaws. The punch comes from the poisonous stinger on the tail.

I know cats are not some peoples pet of choice, but they love to eat scorpions and are immune to the venom.

I have an adopted outdoor cat and we are one of the few on our street that does not have a scorpion problem.

They use pinchers to hold they prey and eat it with their jaws. The punch comes from the poisonous stinger on the tail.

I know cats are not some peoples pet of choice, but they love to eat scorpions and are immune to the venom.

I have an adopted outdoor cat and we are one of the few on our street that does not have a scorpion problem.

Yes , sorry they stung her not bit her . Twice once on arm and once on neck. Her arm was slightly numb and her neck was on fire with muscle spasms that were very evident in the ER.

Glad everything turned out alright. I think many would be surprised to know how widespread scorpions actually are. Here is a list by state.

I nearly found out the hard way about scorpions in Kentucky. I was camping at Lake Cumberland with friends when I was 16 or 17. While packing we pulled up our tent to find several scorpions under it. Looked like the "bark" variety by the pincher shape. We did the smart thing, caught one and brought it back home as a pet. It fought many battles against every spider, grasshopper, praying mantis, or other creepy crawly we ran across. Always won and lived a couple years.

Anyway, point of the story is you should check what kind of spiders, scorpions, snakes, etc. are going to be around whenever you are in an unfamiliar area. Even if it's close to where you live.

• 2 weeks later...

finally found something worst than a scorpion or spider..

now brb while i go kill myself for what i've just seen.

finally found something worst than a scorpion or spider..

now brb while i go kill myself for what i've just seen.

Let me help you with that for linking that video. I am not even going to watch it.

btw. I did a new roof for one small shed on our summer place. Every time I ripped off a piece of bitumen from old one, there was 1-3 of small centipedes. I killed at least 30 of them that day. I smashed them with hammer. :D Thay came to my dreams the next night.

Found another centipede in my house, but this time much much smaller. Thank goodness.AwDxnO7.jpg

I don't know about immunity, but I have a lot of respect for the domestic cat. They're probably one of the top five most successful predators on Earth...huge population, incredible determination and focus, amazing reflexes, machine-like instincts and killing precision. To their prey, imagine how brutal and invincible a common cat is. It'd be like a Tyrannosaurus walking through our neighborhood every night to us. They seem so neutral, but every living creature is on the menu within their range and every property with an outdoor cat ends up as a sparsely populated kill box.

I live in North Ga, and we have a scorpian that looks exactly like the one you referenced, except they are darker in color here (dark brownish). They are under almost every rock you turn over outside, and they occasionally get in the house. I have 2 cats inside who will kill them, but not eat them. Scorpians can climb like crazy... see them on the wall often.. even the ceiling upside down. So, checking the bed is good, but spiders, scorpians, etc can climb into bed at night, or drop in from ceiling.