Urraco P300 at Oldtimergalerie Toffen (Switzerland) Auction

Flueck

Hello together

As you know I'm looking for some vintage classics as Urraco, Maserati Merak, Fiat Dino 2400 oder Alfa Montreal.

Yesterday I was on the Auction for Classic Cars in Toffen.

There was a stunning Urraco P300 in red.

At the end, there werde CHF 57'000 at the highest bid (about USD 59'000). What do you think about this price?

I think it's a good price, but not very very high... maybe the increase in the last 2-3 years was to excessive.

I really think for some 70s classics there are signs of normalization.

Best regards,

Flueck

Hello together

As you know I'm looking for some vintage classics as Urraco, Maserati Merak, Fiat Dino 2400 oder Alfa Montreal.

Yesterday I was on the Auction for Classic Cars in Toffen.

There was a stunning Urraco P300 in red.

At the end, there werde CHF 57'000 at the highest bid (about USD 59'000). What do you think about this price?

I think it's a good price, but not very very high... maybe the increase in the last 2-3 years was to excessive.

I really think for some 70s classics there are signs of normalization.

Best regards,

Flueck

Stunning visually? How about maintenance and mechanical status?

There was the following description: Swiss delivery, Matching-Numbers. Since 1977 at it's second owner, service booklet, Body and interior restored some years ago, engine redone in 1998, about 35'000 km since. 

Very good and well maintained condition. Last inspection 07.2013.

For me the car looked really nice.

regards,

Flueck

I know the car from more than 15 years ago and it is probably the highest mileage Urraco in the world...something like 235,000 kilometers on the chassis, and the 1st and 2nd gear synchros were worn.

The seats and interior do not match, and the "matching # drivetrain" is meaningless since many P-300 motors do not have any serial #

The Urracos that have sold for the big money have all been either from some TV show or have been cosmetically (not mechanically) finessed to look far better than they ever did new...

The price was very fair for the seller...2-3 years ago it would have received 25 thousand Euros.

Paul

Thanks for your info, thats good to know.

What you expect from price development of Urraco P250 and P300?

There are some 70s sportscar, longtime in the 2nd lane linke

- Maserati Merak SS

- Alfa Romeo Montreal

- Fiat Dino 2400

- Lamborghini Urraco

who have reached quiet impressive price improvements... For me those car have huge potential for the future, but the last increases went probably too fast.

Would be interesting to share your views!

Best regards,

Flueck

Having owned Lambo V-8 cars from about 1981 to 2010, it’s clear that prices have changed. Back in the early 1980s we could buy P-250s for $ 3-4 K and P-300s for $ 7-10K from dealers in Italy. Motors and transaxles were cheap and we often had an engine or transaxle or other big parts in the container with the cars coming to North America.

Parts now are very expensive and that is a big change!

I have an article in a British magazine from around 1989 claiming that a P-300 is a 45,000 pound sterling car.

I have no idea whether any actually sold for those prices back then but it seems that this is the figure that the better cars bring today…

As for Meraks, and Montreals …I really don’t know

Paul

Thanks for your info, thats good to know.

What you expect from price development of Urraco P250 and P300?

There are some 70s sportscar, longtime in the 2nd lane linke

- Maserati Merak SS

- Alfa Romeo Montreal

- Fiat Dino 2400

- Lamborghini Urraco

who have reached quiet impressive price improvements... For me those car have huge potential for the future, but the last increases went probably too fast.

Would be interesting to share your views!

Best regards,

Flueck