Lamborghini LP560-4 Paint Correction

TimAD

Recently completed this project and thought it would be cool to share with my fellow LamboPower'ers. Hope you enjoy seeing the process start to finish!

2013 Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 Spyder in for a Level 3 "Enhancement" plus paint correction and Nano Coating. Car arrived with 800 miles on the odometer. This car is a great example of the level of finish possible on what many see as a "new" car coming from one of the largest Lamborghini dealers. The entire car was covered in a dulling haze and holograms were found throughout vehicle including under the mirrors and even indoor jams. We specialize in enhancing the finish of any car as well as protecting it for many years to come with both advanced clear bra installs and nano coatings. Our client wanted the highest level of refinement and protection possible so he could drive without any worries of damage.

Main Issues:

• Factory/Dealer installed buffer trails & holograms
  • Factory/Dealer installed buffer trails & holograms
  • Swirl marks and wash marring
  • Deeper rids on engine cover and hood
  • Lack of gloss and clarity

photo.jpg

Entire hood was covered in Rotary holograms and haze

IMG_8134.jpg

IMG_8138.jpg

Holograms found on driver side intake vent. To be honest I'm not even quite sure how they managed to hologram some areas on this car. The spaces were so tight it would be almost impossible to fit a rotary.

IMG_8152.jpg

IMG_8216.jpg

Rotary haze covered entire vehicle

IMG_8170.jpg

IMG_8184.jpg

Engine cover

IMG_8190.jpg

IMG_8202.jpg

IMG_8207.jpg

Door Jams

IMG_8140.jpg

Wash process was carried out to remove dealer applied glaze.

IMG_8231.jpg

IMG_8232.jpg

IMG_8243.jpg

Vehicle was decontaminated with an iron removing paint cleanser, clay bar and then was prepped for polishing work.

Haze removed

IMG_8296.jpg

IMG_8305.jpg

The hoods condition was clearly visible even under ambient fluorescent lighting.

IMG_8339.jpg

Hood before and after

IMG_8374.jpg

IMG_8376.jpg

Driver side door

IMG_8387.jpg

IMG_8392.jpg

IMG_8402.jpg

IMG_8406.jpg

IMG_8410.jpg

IMG_8286.jpg

IMG_8415.jpg

Fender clarity coming out great. These areas had heavy concentrations of scratches and swirls.

IMG_8464.jpg

Passenger side door, clarity revealed.

IMG_8474.jpg

I always pull the car out into the sun during the compounding step. Sometimes even under the best fluorescent, LED or halogen lighting defects escape you. Not in the sun, the light of truth.

IMG_8432.jpg

IMG_8443.jpg

IMG_8446.jpg

IMG_8506.jpg

IMG_8510.jpg

IMG_8479.jpg

IMG_8482.jpg

IMG_8491.jpg

IMG_8493.jpg

Rear bumpers had heavy concentrations of rotary holograms. These defects were actually removed through various stages of machine polishing.

IMG_8548.jpg

IMG_8553.jpg

Final polishing completed, the true beauty and shine of the vehicle is now showing through.

IMG_8561.jpg

IMG_8571.jpg

Stunning reflection from the passenger side rear fender.*

IMG_8576.jpg

IMG_8591.jpg

IMG_8595.jpg

IMG_8616.jpg

Vehicle was then prepped for the nano coating with a paint cleaner to remove any polishing oils. Then the NANO Coating was applied in two separate layers.

IMG_8646.jpg

IMG_8650.jpg

Now for the pictures you have been waiting for. In the sun, there is no compromising.*

IMG_8822.jpg

IMG_8825.jpg

IMG_8843.jpg

IMG_8848.jpg

IMG_8849.jpg

IMG_8854.jpg

IMG_8882.jpg

IMG_8898.jpg

IMG_8893.jpg

IMG_8922.jpg

IMG_8823.jpg

Thanks for viewing, please let me know if you have any questions about the process or about your vehicle. Would be happy to answer them!

Its amazing to me that cars of this caliber and MUCH higher are delivered to customers in this condition.

What is nano coating? Wax essentially?

Tim I've removed the link, have to be a sponsor to advertise. That said nice work, welcome to the forum.

Great Work! :icon_thumleft:

I love taking something dirty or destroyed and making it better than it was when new!

Sounds kinda odd to some I'm sure, but it's almost like a "high" once it is finished. :eusa_clap:

Looks incredible! I had a paint correction done on my M5 when I first got it, and I don't regret it. Of course, it's not a Lamborghini and no garage queen. Like was said above, I've gone to some dealerships and been completely amazed at all the issues in some cars' paint that are on the SHOWROOM FLOOR! If you're really anal, I would look into the clear wrap paint protection, like Jay Leno had on his P1. It's good for a few years, almost undetectable and prevents light impact damage as well as scratches, and offers UV protection.

Paint Correction threads always blow my mind!

So if one has a paint correction done and then clear bras the entire car will you be able to keep the car looking that nice? What kind of washing and upkeep do you have to do to the clear bra?

Thank you everyone for the compliments and for taking the time to view. My intention is to not use it as an advertisement or marketing but just to share a nice transformation on an awesome car. I know there's many people like me out there who enjoy seeing such a process. SO thank you for letting me share it with you.

Paint Correction threads always blow my mind!

So if one has a paint correction done and then clear bras the entire car will you be able to keep the car looking that nice? What kind of washing and upkeep do you have to do to the clear bra?

PPF AKA Clear Bra is awesome protection and something I do as well. I'm a certified Xpel Ultimate installer and can tell you that it does keep the car looking very nice. We always polish and paint correct before installing the clear bra so that way all the damage is removed and the film will cover and protect the flawless paint underneath, not many shops in San Diego or elsewhere do both unfortunately. With Clear Bra the upkeep and maintenance is actually much easier and straightforward as the material itself is very durable and forgiving. From a protection standpoint clear bra is the best you can get, but the drawback is that it just won't ever look quite as good as polished and coated paint which is why our clients choose to do front end clear bra protection and Nano on the rest of the car. We also coat the clear bra as well to improve the looks and makes it ALOT easier to clean and upkeep.