Replaced the S8 with a 2016 RS7

Leadfoot

Thanks guys!!,And LOL Audibull--I seem to have that problem a lot when I upload photos! But if you click on them they orient correctly.

I think the car has a different mission than the S8 as it feels ore nimble and sportier. Also, the sport exhaust is much louder. The S8 definitely had a lot more content and luxury in it so I think it still makes a strong argument as the flagship. But price-wise the cars are almost exactly the same--so the sporting nature of the RS 7 comes at a price.

is that nardo gray? my fav color on any car!

congrats!

It is indeed Nardo!

Looks fantastic! I am eagerly awaiting mine! You going to mod?

Was thinking about putting APR on it like I had on the S8--going to wait a few thousand miles before I decide! AS--what color did you order?

Was thinking about putting APR on it like I had on the S8--going to wait a few thousand miles before I decide! AS--what color did you order?

I got Nardo too. Carbon interior and "Quattro" script delete. I think we had pretty similar spec sheets outside of that. I am going to APR (who are working with A'M'S on a new Alpha tune and some downpipes), Milltek exhaust, lower on factory bags, dark out Audi emblems, add painted inserts over ugly orange parking lights, tint, maybe intake to free up some turbo sound, done. I am VERY excited to get the car. Cannot wait to retire that GTR as a DD.

I will say that Audi pre-delivery info availability is absolute shit. They have absolutely no clue where the car is, which blows my mind. I mean, from a business perspective, how do you have such poor controls that you cannot locate a $125k piece of wip. On top of that, you would think they would be bending over backwards to provide customers ordering a flagship car, detailed info on the process. Disappointing but not the car's fault.

Great car, enjoy it in the best of health.

I still don't understand why Audi doesn't bring the RS6 to the States, that's an insane machine!

I got Nardo too. Carbon interior and "Quattro" script delete. I think we had pretty similar spec sheets outside of that. I am going to APR (who are working with A'M'S on a new Alpha tune and some downpipes), Milltek exhaust, lower on factory bags, dark out Audi emblems, add painted inserts over ugly orange parking lights, tint, maybe intake to free up some turbo sound, done. I am VERY excited to get the car. Cannot wait to retire that GTR as a DD.

I will say that Audi pre-delivery info availability is absolute shit. They have absolutely no clue where the car is, which blows my mind. I mean, from a business perspective, how do you have such poor controls that you cannot locate a $125k piece of wip. On top of that, you would think they would be bending over backwards to provide customers ordering a flagship car, detailed info on the process. Disappointing but not the car's fault.

I take it you are not a fan at all of the GTR?

Congrats on your RS7!

sounds awesome! I heard a RS3 was coming to the states next year. that will be a badass little DD

I take it you are not a fan at all of the GTR?

Congrats on your RS7!

I am actually a fan of the car (had 3 now) but it is totally stupid as a daily. The ride is awful, the trans in auto mode is crap, the road noise is significant and the inner wheel wells sound like they are washing machines filled with rocks. Frankly, I thought that aside from the stereo, my SL was a better DD - probably because those are all reasonable sacrifices to make for a Lambo, not so much for a Nissan.

sounds awesome! I heard a RS3 was coming to the states next year. that will be a badass little DD

I agree completely!

How does the RS7 compare to the CLS63 "S" AWD

I will let the OP answer this but having driven both, extensively, prior to making a decision, the Audi is the superior car in every way except mod potential. The Mercedes, with more displacement, has the ability to really be turned up, upgraded turbos etc, where the small Audi V8 is already taking a ton of boost.

Nice car, had a ride in my mate's RS6 the other day with Akrapovic exhaust. Nice daily for sure.