Instrument Cluster (centre rpm dial)

nyakdan700

Hi everyone, im new and just would like to ask for opinions or has anyone ever encountered this problem? My instrument cluster goes haywire in this order: the screen gets jittery, occasionally the rpm image goes to the side, then it starts to get like the old age tv sets without any signal and then it goes totally dark.

Any advice anyone? Thank you very very much! Any sort of help is much appreciated! Cheers!

LP700-4 Arancio Argos '12

RS4 B7 Phantom Black '07

GT3 RS Orange '08

Carrera C4S YellowTechArt '04 (sold)

IMG_9671.JPG

IMG_9672.JPG

Never seen that before but I was thinking it could be a very expensive repair if out of warranty.

Call the dealer and have it replaced if you are still under warranty. Good Luck!

Have you given it a good smack? lol. Probably a loose wire harness causing the signal loss, or maybe you need to do a reset by unplugging and replugging the battery. If not those two than your situation is far worse I'm afraid.

Have you given it a good smack? lol. Probably a loose wire harness causing the signal loss, or maybe you need to do a reset by unplugging and replugging the battery. If not those two than your situation is far worse I'm afraid.

:iamwithstupid:

I figured it might be a loose connection in the dash. But as other has said, it could be far more expensive. When you get it sorted out, please let us know. I'm curious as to the problem.

Hi guys, just an update. Sadly, my instrument cluster was recommended by the dealer to be replaced with a new one. After my 2015 software update it didn't do any good. It became like that due to heat. It's LCD so the liquid got screwed up. The heat is cause I live in Malaysia which temperature hits 40 degree Celsius and yes that shouldn't be an excuse but when I park my car under the covered area, the heat still does some damages. I do not have an indoor garage sadly.

Prior to that I've tried knocking, good smack, new battery, trickle charging, even disected the combi/instrument cluster itself for loose/faulty wiring.

I guess I'm just unlucky, so try to park your car indoors if the weather gets too hot and humid.

Cheers!

P/s; if my dealer is wrong and you guys might have other options it'll be good know! Any advise would be appreciated!

That is very poor quality control from Lamborghini/Audi that "due to heat" caused a cluster failure so early in a cars life. Don't they know half of these cars end up in hot ass areas such as middle east? WTF?

That is very poor quality control from Lamborghini/Audi that "due to heat" caused a cluster failure so early in a cars life. Don't they know half of these cars end up in hot ass areas such as middle east? WTF?

:iamwithstupid:

• 7 years later...

My Aventador faced the same issue. I fixed it.

• 1 month later...
On 10/30/2022 at 11:12 AM, Dereiter said:

My Aventador faced the same issue. I fixed it.

how did you fix it?

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, my friend. I did it.

Sometmes Aventador instrument cluster might have problems related with flickering, freezing etc. My instrument cluster got an issue regarding constant rebooting without getting "normal" mode. Because i have skills in field of hardware repair i disassembled the dashboard and made some tests.
The problem was detected. It was the broken BGA video processor. Picture is below.

chip.thumb.jpg.a2e0a958a8fcaa1455bae0ec9bc4b095.jpg

I bought a new one on Aliexpress for $20.
As i replaced the old one with the new chip the instrument cluster became workable.
Anyway my decision to change the processor seems complex and tricky. Nonetheless i was persistent and sure that problem was caused by that bad chip. Nobody knew. I was lucky though :)
Meanwhile firstly i would advise to perform to "warm up" the chip with a heater and check it. It can help in particular cases.
To sum it up, do not spend a bunch of money when you are able to fix it for affordable price.