Ok Doc K... Time to put up.. or shut up...

Allan-Herbie

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I see is a huge deep black hole money pit.

What would you guys think something like that would be worth?

What I see is a huge deep black hole money pit.

What would you guys think something like that would be worth?

wall art at this point.

if you are a body shop and have access to parts..I am sure it would make some money.. but man the hours and labor to get this right would be astronomical..By the time you are done the prices will have come down lol

am i reading it right? 123,000 miles??

The aluminum in a fire is scary. I think you would want to run your hands along the panels before even placing a bid. This is definately what the Doc_K ordered and here is his golden opportunity.

Now that is a basket case countach! Ad says a summer project. Unless you have unlimited resources I think it's going to take a lot longer than one summer.

If you bought it for 50k.. put 200k into it.. youd still be ahead..

The particular dealer that has this car is notorious for over pricing his cars. I wouldn't be surprised if this guy wants well over $100k for this car.

THANK YOU, ALLAN! I placed a bid and am now the high bidder, but I have a feeling the reserve is going to be way too high.

If you bought it for 50k.. put 200k into it.. youd still be ahead..

Guys what I see is a fire damaged car, the rear firewall is all alloy and should be fiberglass like this, even the floor and front panels around your feet are not original, the engine cover looks remade, and what happened to the boot cover , the seats are bare, and the front guard on the drivers side has also been repaired, and why is it sitting so high up, almost like it has no shocks or springs something not right there, someone will buy it but not me, start running away unless you have really deep pockets.

post-7248-1431047477.jpg

post-7248-1431047500.jpg

Its already gone from 5k to 40K...

Yeah, someone here is going to outbid me. I'm going to bet that the reserve is way higher than reasonable, but I'm anxious to find out what it is.

Yeah, someone here is going to outbid me. I'm going to bet that the reserve is way higher than reasonable, but I'm anxious to find out what it is.

Just email the guy and ask what is the buy it now..

Wow. $40K amazing. Makes Hershey's car look like a steel.

At least is has the beginnings of a euro conversion :D

Exactly. Go end it Doc_K. Its Ebay.

I think you'd be far better off buying a wrecked car than this thing. I almost purchased an lp400 years ago in this condition (fire damaged) and ended up passing because of the lack of availability of parts and the fact it could take years to put it together.

I think you'd be far better off buying a wrecked car than this thing. I almost purchased an lp400 years ago in this condition (fire damaged) and ended up passing because of the lack of availability of parts and the fact it could take years to put it together.

Thanks for the advice! I messaged the seller, but having seen their other auctions, I guarantee they're going to ask stupid money for this. I really think that these cars will go down in price this year, from what one Lamborghini expert told me. I really hope that I'll be able to find something like this:

http://bringatrailer.com/2013/10/29/fright...etcase-project/

eventually.

Was the LP400 the one that was shared on F-chat, recently? I think they were older photos. I'd love an LP400.

In all honesty I wouldn't have that car if it was given to me free, you will end up spending more money than buying a good one now and it will still have the stigma of a BBQued car.

Doc save and buy something better, the longer you wait the more rewarding it will be for you because once you get it things won't be as rosy :icon_mrgreen: l

Life is mostly about the chase, have you seen lions on Discovery Chanel ? They have nothing but excitement and intensity in their eyes while chasing the poor gazelle but once they managed to jump on it and take its life the intensity is gone they might take a bite but most walk away with a disinterested look on their faces :icon_mrgreen:

The particular dealer that has this car is notorious for over pricing his cars. I wouldn't be surprised if this guy wants well over $100k for this car.

they do want over 100k$ for it