993 Turbo Values

szabo_martin

Looking at 993 Turbo values and high milers are going for similar prices to 05/06 Murci Roadsters. I definitely get the appeal of air cooled Porsches hence I own a 1965, but I can't wrap my head around 160K for a 993 Turbo with 85K miles. Do you guys see prices going much higher? They made 1900ish 993 turbos, so not a ton, but there were also 964's and 930's along with the new water cooled modes.

So far in Canada, the prices have been a little lower here. A 97 was offered last week for $145k and currently a 96 is at a dealer known for high prices, they are reasonable $154k CDN or roughly $128k U.S. Not bad considering some of the prices I've seen in the U.S. I don't see these prices staying high long.

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Porsche/911/Woo...mp;orup=2_15_23

So far in Canada, the prices have been a little lower here. A 97 was offered last week for $145k and currently a 96 is at a dealer known for high prices, they are reasonable $154k CDN or roughly $128k U.S. Not bad considering some of the prices I've seen in the U.S. I don't see these prices staying high long.

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Porsche/911/Woo...mp;orup=2_15_23

He is also in Canada if you take a look under is avatar. Not really sure what/why/how 993 turbos are up so high. They are absolutely incredible cars but not nearly as iconic as other more rare porsche models. But hey, God bless to anyone who owns one.

Canadian prices are lower. I always compare the U.S market to ours. Especially if the car is rarer in Canada, and I'm likely to buy in the U.S. Even paying our sales taxes, its still lower here.

With that color and low miles his asking price is not crazy. I'm sure it will sell!

It's about $290,000 USD

With that color and low miles his asking price is not crazy. I'm sure it will sell!

It's about $290,000 USD

If it was $290,000 U.S. Id agree, but his price is in U.S. He's asking a little too much even for a rare color. As it sits he's asking $419,000 and change Canadian. Well above what dealers are asking in Canada for these.

On the newer cars and high asks, its all credit. The average dentist or professional equal can easily get $500k loan for cars or boats at cheap rates. Credit is already starting to tighten, as it becomes harder to get, these prices will drop.

If it was $290,000 U.S. Id agree, but his price is in U.S. He's asking a little too much even for a rare color. As it sits he's asking $419,000 and change Canadian. Well above what dealers are asking in Canada for these.

Yup your right!

I've also seen 930's at reasonable money here, when compared to the U.S. Even better with the 1981 to 1985 930's, most for sale here are Canadian market cars and are unmolested. Most of these in the U.S. are grey market imports and are molested examples. Also the 3.6 turbo's are reasonable here. Id say if you want a 911 turbo Canada is the place to shop.

It sure makes me wish I had kept mine. It was a 96' Arena Red Turbo.

The launch color too! Yeah that has to hurt a bit having let it go.

It is one of those things that make you go I should have kept it or bought it back when they sold for $50k to $60k.............

Another 1996 has popped up here. Nice midnight blue color, 34k miles, ex USA car, at authorized Porsche dealer and asking $180k CDN.

It seems insane to pay more for these little bugs than a Murci or LP570 . . . I am admittedly biased.

Well to put it in perspective, I put a deposit and order in on a 2016 GT3RS and it was less. I get its a mechanical steering rack and manual gearbox.. so thus a more pure drivers car, but the 991 GT3 would rape it in every aspect.. at first was on the pdk..gay.. boat, but after driving a new GT3 I can say I wouldn't be able to keep up with shifting if driving hard. If you ever get a chance to drive a new gt3 and rev it out to 9K you'll see what I mean. Sucks that with speculators running the show true car enthusiast who were waiting for prices to drop will not get a chance to own them.

They are very overpriced, as are 930's now sadly. They are neither historic nor rare, simply an older variant of a model currently in production.....BUT, as with all things cars....if people will pay the money.....