America VS Europe VS Japan

koenig928

So what do you like best?

I was bored and found a topic on another forum (Rottweiler related) on the speculation the next C8 Corvette will be mid engine. I'll admit I'm not a fan of American cars. The Corvette in particular. I believe they could be much better then they are and still be affordable. In my opinion fiberglass is for boats and when a car is built in it, feels cheap. Add in the Corvette interior its very cheap in looks and feel. I don't care how fast it is, the Japanese and European alternatives are light years better. I'm about the same on the Viper and Ford Mustang. The closest America have come to topping Europe and Japan was the Ford GT, a car with a long list of problems, just ask Jeremy Clarkson, who bought one.

Now for not liking American cars, I'm trolling (been on this forum since 98), anti-American, etc. The only thing they can point out is my boat (Donzi Classic) has an American engine, never said the engines are lousy, just overall the plastic, seats, etc. in the interiors feel a lot cheaper then what you find in a European or Japanese car, and not a big fan of the fit and finish of the outside in general. Second they point out service and purchase price are much cheaper, especially compared to the Europeans. I used this example; just bought a 928 and did the timing belt, it was last changed 5 years ago, while doing the belt I also did the water pump. Did the pump because might as well the mechanic is there already. It really didn't need to be changed and the belt was also out of caution. Might as well do it now over latter. If you serviced an American car with an open check book, like I do with most of my European cars, an American car would be expensive too. European dealers do more preventative maintenance then American outlets. Pay now or latter.

There is maybe one or two American vehicles Id consider. But overall I just don't like them! European and Japanese, want them all. Like if I was looking for cheap transportation, Id buy a Porsche 944 or VW Corrado VR6 before I bought a Ford Focus or Chevy Cruze. I can think 10 European cars Id buy over a new Corvette or Viper!

I like America just not their cars!