Bruce Jenner won't be down for breakfast.........but Caitlyn will!!!

Juice it

Well I just Googled the term mongrel and Hannibal is correct, it is generally considered an offensive term. I had no idea!

noun

noun: mongrel; plural noun: mongrels

a dog of no definable type or breed.

"a lovable mongrel puppy"

synonyms: cross-bred, of mixed breed, half-breed, interbred, mixed

"a mongrel bitch"

antonyms: pedigree

•any other animal resulting from the crossing of different breeds or types.

synonyms: cross-breed, cross, mixed breed, half-breed; More

cur, mutt;

"a curly-tailed mongrel"

•offensive

a person of mixed descent.

Hannibal again I apologize, I really had no idea the term was offensive when used regarding humans.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That is totally new to me that the word mongrel is offensive. To me the word just meant a hybrid of different ethnicities. I apologize if you interpret the term as offensive as I didn't mean it as such. As for being an American, sure, but American is a national term, not an ethnic one. BTW, I would be considered a mongrel too.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=mongrel

The reason why I laughed when you made the comment was because I knew you didn't realize the implications of the word, I know you aren't a hateful person I just find it very amusing when you are so eloquent on certain subject and so naive on some :icon_mrgreen:

Wheels I told you I wasn't offended however you offered up an apology so please know that your apology has been accepted.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=mongrel

The reason why I laughed when you made the comment was because I knew you didn't realize the implications of the word, I know you aren't a hateful person I just find it very amusing when you are so eloquent on certain subject and so naive on some :icon_mrgreen:

Wheels act was funny at first but now it has just become tiresome. He is either the ultimate troll or just out of the loop. No need for me to be offended over something silly.

Wheels act was funny at first but now it has just become tiresome. He is either the ultimate troll or just out of the loop. No need for me to be offended over something silly.

Out of the loop, I am not any troll.

However, with gender, it is both mental and physical. Otherwise, how do homosexuals exist?

Because sexual preference isn't gender.

I like anchovies... Which makes me rather unusual, but It doesn't make me a dolphin.

Because sexual preference isn't gender.

I like anchovies... Which makes me rather unusual, but It doesn't make me a dolphin.

But it is related. It is something related to reproduction of the species, the passing of one's genes. If someone is attracted to the same sex, then something is wired wrong in them. With gender, it also is related to reproduction. The difference between this and say feeling one is really a dolphin in a human body (or a lizard like that lizard guy) is that there is no biological basis for one to feel like a dolphin or a lizard. So that would be a form of mental illness most likely. But if someone feels that they are born the wrong gender, that very much could have a basis, in terms of something having been "off" during their development in the womb that caused them to end up wired as one sex while getting the body of another.

But it is related. It is something related to reproduction of the species, the passing of one's genes. If someone is attracted to the same sex, then something is wired wrong in them. With gender, it also is related to reproduction. The difference between this and say feeling one is really a dolphin in a human body (or a lizard like that lizard guy) is that there is no biological basis for one to feel like a dolphin or a lizard. So that would be a form of mental illness most likely. But if someone feels that they are born the wrong gender, that very much could have a basis, in terms of something having been "off" during their development in the womb that caused them to end up wired as one sex while getting the body of another.

I promised myself I was done with you after the military comparison... But I'm going to try one more fcuking time. Gender (and race and height and species, etc etc etc) is FIXED. It is determined by scientific, qualitative measure.

Sexual preference is variable... Everybody is different in "what they like", very much like appetite. We all have a "type" that we are attracted to and that includes physical as well as intellectual and emotional traits. Its a scale... There are some people who a majority of the world, if polled, will find "attractive", and yet there will still be people out there for who the current "flavor of the month" is complete boner repellent. And some people have a wider scale than others, and some will find, they in fact prefer partners for whom biology says they should be incompatible.

I know a LOT of gay people, namely because of my background in the entertainment industry (although I also have several gay relatives)... I don't know any gay people (although I am sure there are many) who have not had heterosexual relationships.

I'm pretty sure I mentioned one of my gay friends earlier in this thread... We were at AFMA (IFTA) and a cute girl was working one of the booths... When we left he says, "damn... she wass pretty hot..." And I did a complete spit-take with my drink.. I'm like "Dude, I thought you were gay?" and he says, "I am... But I've had sex with woman. I had a girlfriend for 6 months once" I'm completely dumbfounded at this point, but wanted to figure out if he was as completly full of shit as he sounded so I said, "Was this before you came out or whatever?" "Nope... I'd dated and had sex with guys before that." "so what? you're bi?" "Nope. Im gay..." "Um, ok, so how does that work, because I could guarantee you there's no way I could have sex with a dude... My dick would invert like a scared turtle. How can you have sex with something you're not attracted to?" His response was, "I've been in long term relationships with both sexes, and have been attracted to both... but I've only ever been in love with men... So that makes me gay."

That was one of the most interesting conversations I've ever had on the subject... Preference (even more so with women) is very flexible. I mean... Look at prisons. A lot of heterosexual men, turn to homosexual relationships in prison... Most don't consider themselves gay or bi-sexual. Because if given the choice they prefer women.

NONE of that activity changes their biological gender.

Wow. Totally avoid this thread cause I don't really give a fcuk about jenner/kardashian. 11 pages later I wonder why it got past 2 pages. HOLY SHIT. Too funny.

J7BMq.gif

Wheels.... giphy.gif

:eusa_clap:

Wow. Totally avoid this thread cause I don't really give a fcuk about jenner/kardashian. 11 pages later I wonder why it got past 2 pages. HOLY SHIT. Too funny.

:eusa_clap:

:iamwithstupid:

I promised myself I was done with you after the military comparison... But I'm going to try one more fcuking time. Gender (and race and height and species, etc etc etc) is FIXED. It is determined by scientific, qualitative measure.

Sexual preference is variable... Everybody is different in "what they like", very much like appetite. We all have a "type" that we are attracted to and that includes physical as well as intellectual and emotional traits. Its a scale... There are some people who a majority of the world, if polled, will find "attractive", and yet there will still be people out there for who the current "flavor of the month" is complete boner repellent. And some people have a wider scale than others, and some will find, they in fact prefer partners for whom biology says they should be incompatible.

I know a LOT of gay people, namely because of my background in the entertainment industry (although I also have several gay relatives)... I don't know any gay people (although I am sure there are many) who have not had heterosexual relationships.

I'm pretty sure I mentioned one of my gay friends earlier in this thread... We were at AFMA (IFTA) and a cute girl was working one of the booths... When we left he says, "damn... she wass pretty hot..." And I did a complete spit-take with my drink.. I'm like "Dude, I thought you were gay?" and he says, "I am... But I've had sex with woman. I had a girlfriend for 6 months once" I'm completely dumbfounded at this point, but wanted to figure out if he was as completly full of shit as he sounded so I said, "Was this before you came out or whatever?" "Nope... I'd dated and had sex with guys before that." "so what? you're bi?" "Nope. Im gay..." "Um, ok, so how does that work, because I could guarantee you there's no way I could have sex with a dude... My dick would invert like a scared turtle. How can you have sex with something you're not attracted to?" His response was, "I've been in long term relationships with both sexes, and have been attracted to both... but I've only ever been in love with men... So that makes me gay."

That was one of the most interesting conversations I've ever had on the subject... Preference (even more so with women) is very flexible. I mean... Look at prisons. A lot of heterosexual men, turn to homosexual relationships in prison... Most don't consider themselves gay or bi-sexual. Because if given the choice they prefer women.

NONE of that activity changes their biological gender.

Of course not. But obviously something is wired a bit off, if you will. IMO, it is the same with a transgendered person. Something is off that makes them feel that they are in the wrong body. Of course physically they cannot change their gender, but mentally they could be a different gender, just as mentally a man can be attracted to other men. You also misunderstand me on the military comparison. Like you said with sexual preference, there is a scale. My point was with regards to subjecting oneself to harm and danger, there is a scale as well, to where after a certain point, something could be regarded as a mental illness; this was just in regards to your saying you think transgendered people are mentally ill. I was not claiming the ordinary soldier serving for patriotic reasons is mentally ill, or firefighter or police officer, etc...I am actually very pro-military.

Look, this thread is just a road traffic accident of exceedingly epic proportions. There is nitty bitty BS and pointless backwards and forwards over semantics and niggly little details that no one really gives a shite about.

So lets just cut to the chase, drop the foreplay, slap on a dick raincoat and get down to it; wheels post a pic of you in your best sunday frock and then we can close this thread else stfu

Look, this thread is just a road traffic accident of exceedingly epic proportions. There is nitty bitty BS and pointless backwards and forwards over semantics and niggly little details that no one really gives a shite about.

So lets just cut to the chase, drop the foreplay, slap on a dick raincoat and get down to it; wheels post a pic of you in your best sunday frock and then we can close this thread else stfu

:iamwithstupid:

I am very uncomfortable with posting a picture of myself.

I am very uncomfortable with posting a picture of myself.

facepalm.jpg

Okay, I need to make something VERY CLEAR here: there is no "act" with me as some may think. I may come across as very weird in some ways or quite thick in not getting things that are blaringly "obvious" to everyone else, but THAT IS JUST HOW I AM. I can't change who I am. I am a bit abnormal in certain ways. I am not being a troll, actor, comedian, etc...on this forum. If capt_chao's post was meant as a joke, I have no way of telling.

There are three things that I am in particular TERRIBLE at:

1) Being able to distinguish between things that are appropriate to say and things that are inappropriate to say. This is why sometimes I say things that are highly offensive without realizing it until having it pointed out

2) Being able to distinguish when people are joking, hence interpreting completely seriously what are intended as jokes

3) Being able to pick up on things that are implied

Again, none of that is me playing stupid or anything, that is just how my brain works.

Come on guys cut wheels some slack we all know his personality by now, he always means well and to me he seems extremely genuine, he doesn't get sarcasm which is astounding to me and he's weird but in a way a lot of us are, it is what it is.

Wheels I am sure everyone is joking so don't feel bad, also it's easy to post photos of yourself especially when nobody here seems to know what you look like :icon_mrgreen:

Okay, I need to make something VERY CLEAR here: there is no "act" with me as some may think. I may come across as very weird in some ways or quite thick in not getting things that are blaringly "obvious" to everyone else, but THAT IS JUST HOW I AM. I can't change who I am. I am a bit abnormal in certain ways. I am not being a troll, actor, comedian, etc...on this forum. If capt_chao's post was meant as a joke, I have no way of telling.

There are three things that I am in particular TERRIBLE at:

1) Being able to distinguish between things that are appropriate to say and things that are inappropriate to say. This is why sometimes I say things that are highly offensive without realizing it until having it pointed out

2) Being able to distinguish when people are joking, hence interpreting completely seriously what are intended as jokes

3) Being able to pick up on things that are implied

Again, none of that is me playing stupid or anything, that is just how my brain works.

Dr_sheldon_cooper.jpg