Anyone looking at investing in Facebook Stocks?

IanMan

fOoXQqB.png

That gets us somewhere between a 4.5 and 5x multiple in 18 months.

3o7qDSOvfaCO9b3MlO.gif

I bought in after a bit of research which begun with your July 2015 post. .. Thanks!!!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As a teaser, he says we'll have VR sex on mass scale within 5 years. Add Ai and haptics to that and..we're gonna have some interesting social adjustments.

Great news, this should motivate mankind to get this thing on the fast track asap :D

I bought in after a bit of research which begun with your July 2015 post. .. Thanks!!!

Great to hear! I had been trying to get friends and family into this thing for years and the only had two or three jump on board.

• 4 months later...

Closed north of $135 today. That gets us somewhere between a 6 or 7 multiple in 24 months... Share some pictures of those NVDA lambos guys!

Played out by now?

I sold 50% of my position at a touch over $100 (I'm an idiot) and bought back 50% of that around $123. There will be ups and downs with a high-flyer like this, but I'm a believer in their long term vision and opportunities. I think I said I'm not a seller until a $100bn market cap somewhere earlier in this thread, but their story has only gotten stronger and now I'm looking more towards $150bn.

• 9 months later...
I sold 50% of my position at a touch over $100 (I'm an idiot) and bought back 50% of that around $123. There will be ups and downs with a high-flyer like this, but I'm a believer in their long term vision and opportunities. I think I said I'm not a seller until a $100bn market cap somewhere earlier in this thread, but their story has only gotten stronger and now I'm looking more towards $150bn.

Now that we've hit and are hovering around the $150bn market cap number, I figured I'd poke my head in to remind everyone how fcuking smart I am and see if anyone else has thoughts on the stock. We seem to have been stuck at this $250 price for a little while so either excitement is waning or reality has set in that these pricing levels are absurd. I still think we have room for one more push in pricing. As I'm sure plenty of you know, cryptocurrency has been a HUGE demand driver for both Nvidia and AMD over the last 12 months and third parties (BestBuy, Microcenter, NewEgg, etc) are in a windfall situation where they can't even keep the cards on the shelf even when pricing them 50% - 100% over MSRP. My hope for the next leg up: Nvidia typically announces new products at their GTC conference (coming up at the end of March) and the timing is right for the next generation of consumer/gaming GPU's to show up. These will undoubtedly receive the same or more demand than the current generation of cards. The company would be OUT OF THEIR MIND if they are not raising prices to get in on some of this crypto-action and provide some big, big profit margin upside to their largest revenue generator. I'm down to ~1/3 of my original position, but I will be looking to buy on dips leading up to the conference.

IMO:

VR needs at least 1060 card. So those who want to get into VR and are looking to be able to play good VR stuff that's coming in 2-3 years, they will buy better (upcoming) cards. That's good.

The bad - Ive heard there is someone making a specific miner chip that will blow GPUs out of the water, and will normalize card prices. That's not bad unless you own the stock though. ;)

The bad - Ive heard there is someone making a specific miner chip that will blow GPUs out of the water, and will normalize card prices. That's not bad unless you own the stock though. ;)

100%, and I understand that if/when this happens the second hand market may end up FLOODED with high-end cards. I sort of hate that this company is so tied to crypto now, but will move-in for the quick play if the opportunity presents itself (likely through options, as well).

Now that we've hit and are hovering around the $150bn market cap number, I figured I'd poke my head in to remind everyone how fcuking smart I am and see if anyone else has thoughts on the stock. We seem to have been stuck at this $250 price for a little while so either excitement is waning or reality has set in that these pricing levels are absurd. I still think we have room for one more push in pricing. As I'm sure plenty of you know, cryptocurrency has been a HUGE demand driver for both Nvidia and AMD over the last 12 months and third parties (BestBuy, Microcenter, NewEgg, etc) are in a windfall situation where they can't even keep the cards on the shelf even when pricing them 50% - 100% over MSRP. My hope for the next leg up: Nvidia typically announces new products at their GTC conference (coming up at the end of March) and the timing is right for the next generation of consumer/gaming GPU's to show up. These will undoubtedly receive the same or more demand than the current generation of cards. The company would be OUT OF THEIR MIND if they are not raising prices to get in on some of this crypto-action and provide some big, big profit margin upside to their largest revenue generator. I'm down to ~1/3 of my original position, but I will be looking to buy on dips leading up to the conference.

As you might recall I started buying NVDA after you mentioned it way back in July '15 and have been adding to my position on the pullbacks since. The stock is undoubtedly overinflated but I am still bullish on the long-term prospects. That said, I've taken some off the table recently.

Nvidia has a lot more sources of revenue than crypto; I think when crypto falls it will hurt AMD much more.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-nvidia-r...d-idUSKBN1FS39T

As you might recall I started buying NVDA after you mentioned it way back in July '15 and have been adding to my position on the pullbacks since.

I love to hear that. Its been a fun ride.

I'd love to see another 20% or 30% from here, but I don't see how it can sustain one or two more good news / earnings beat runs. There is some big long term growth potential, without doubt, but its going to take a few years to grow into this pricing and the first earnings miss or even earnings MEET will be punished heavily. I'm really just waiting for my newest shares to hit LTCG at this point. This one last product / pricing announcement may be the end of the road for me for the near future.

Cheers!

I'd love to see another 20% or 30% from here, but I don't see how it can sustain one or two more good news / earnings beat runs. There is some big long term growth potential, without doubt, but its going to take a few years to grow into this pricing and the first earnings miss or even earnings MEET will be punished heavily. I'm really just waiting for my newest shares to hit LTCG at this point. This one last product / pricing announcement may be the end of the road for me for the near future.

Cheers!

:icon_thumleft:

I wish I could see another 20-30% in 24 months, but I think at almost a $150B market cap, it's not going move that quickly anymore.

I do love Shopify though. :icon_thumleft:

• 3 years later...
On 3/1/2018 at 11:41 AM, escobar said:

:icon_thumleft:

I wish I could see another 20-30% in 24 months, but I think at almost a $150B market cap, it's not going move that quickly anymore.

I do love Shopify though. :icon_thumleft:

On 2/28/2018 at 9:22 PM, stevenh766 said:

Cheers!

To memorialize Nvidia crossing a $750 BILLION market cap today I just wanted to chime in and say GAT DAMN we were wrong.  I hope you stayed in it, but I tapped out somewhere around the $280 (pre-split) range as we bounced off the pandemic crash.  I have some family members that are still holding and very glad they did.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2021 at 2:18 PM, stevenh766 said:

To memorialize Nvidia crossing a $750 BILLION market cap today I just wanted to chime in and say GAT DAMN we were wrong.  I hope you stayed in it, but I tapped out somewhere around the $280 (pre-split) range as we bounced off the pandemic crash.  I have some family members that are still holding and very glad they did.  

I still hold some and sold off 60% when buying a property.  :)

Sea Limited and Shopify have been huge winners for me..  Everytime I trim a little, they continue to go higher..

What do you do in an everything bubble?  :s

• 2 weeks later...
Man, I wish I took the investment part of this thread more seriously. I never bought and NVDA shares during all of this. Holy shit do I regret that. Congrats to all that made bank. I should have known better.

On 12/16/2016 at 6:25 PM, stevenh766 said:

fOoXQqB.png

That gets us somewhere between a 4.5 and 5x multiple in 18 months.

3o7qDSOvfaCO9b3MlO.gif

Nice. 

nvidia.jpg

On 11/24/2021 at 11:37 AM, BLK85 said:

Nice. 

nvidia.jpg

The result is more impressive when you consider Nvidia split 4:1 in July 2021. 

So that $100.41 had a 1,200% to 2,000% return since 2016 when we were buying back then.

Well done @stevenh766:)

On 11/27/2021 at 8:23 PM, escobar said:

The result is more impressive when you consider Nvidia split 4:1 in July 2021. 

So that $100.41 had a 1,200% to 2,000% return since 2016 when we were buying back then.

Well done @stevenh766:)

Cheers ;) 

• 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 5/30/2023 at 9:46 AM, stevenh766 said:

1 Trillion buckaroos as of today.  I think this is officially a 100-bagger since this conversation began.

:)

Can't believe it's been 8 years!  Wow did the world change and then some.

• 7 months later...

Sorry guys... I missed a few days... We're bigger than Google now.  I guess Apple is up next.  I'd say there is no way that will ever happen, but I've been wrong every single step along the way.