GT Pricing

Camel Toe Juice

This I just don't understand, people are being super emotional over 6 vs 8 or 10. This V6 is larger displacement than the V8 in the F40, so what, if they made it an 8 cylinder instead of a 6 it would somehow be better?

Damn, people are acting like they pulled the 140hp V6 out of a 1993 Taurus. I bet this thing is bat shit crazy.

Agreed, thats why I do not like the F40 at all. I am an F50 guy through and through. F1 derived naturally aspirated V12.

For me what kills it is the turbos and the 6 cyl.

Care to tell me what kills the XJ220 with its rally derived engine? Yes, exactly, that V6 turbo engine instead of the big V12 that was initially planned and promised.

Its a shame, as I love the look of this new Ford GT.

I understand the racing engine, which has already shown its capabilities, but it just does not pull any emotional heart strings for me at all. I much prefer the non-racing engine, a freaking truck engine, that the Ford GT my2005 had.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
Absolutely none of that is correct.

They will make ~250 cars a year for the entire world. The first cars will be built in the second half of 2016. They will likely get out about 100-150 in 2016. The cars will be priced with a base MSRP of a little under $400k.

*sorry - I should note that it is being constructed in Ontario, so at least he got that right. The rest is just made up. Your best bet is to just not talk to dealers about the car.*

I would love to order one. Any insight on how I could place an order. Local dealers cant tell me shit

I would love to order one. Any insight on how I could place an order. Local dealers cant tell me shit

Details will be coming out in the not-too-distant future.

I'm an engine guy in the sense that I am particular about what engine goes into what car, to an extent. And I do feel as if a larger displacement V8 would have been more appropriate for the new GT. However, I still absolutely love the car and understand why they went with the V6, as the current trend in race engines and road car engines is smaller displacement and turbos, and I can totally dig that. I'm definitely glad they didn't make it a hybrid, although that has its place as well.

I hope to hear more info about being able to order the car. So far, every dealer I've spoken to has told me that they either don't know anything, or they are only getting one car and the owner of the dealership is taking it. If that's the case, then Ford just produced an amazing car that a bunch of Ford dealership owners are going to enjoy.

Why are Ford only building 250/year?

Looks to me that in the current market they could easily sell 1000 without denting the demand

I agree the new GT40 just doesn't seem right without a V-8; but if the new V-6 engine is an official part of Ford's racing program that is a piece of heritage hard to deny. I just hope the GT40 doesn't end up like the Lexus LFA.....a great piece of automotive hardware but at the wrong price point.

LFA is butt ugly compared to the FGT, it's also front engine and it's performance is lame considering the price...

only thing the LFA does well is the make great sounds when revving...

I agree the new GT40 just doesn't seem right without a V-8; but if the new V-6 engine is an official part of Ford's racing program that is a piece of heritage hard to deny. I just hope the GT40 doesn't end up like the Lexus LFA.....a great piece of automotive hardware but at the wrong price point.

I think if this thing can nail good performance numbers, and be great to drive, the engine will be a thing of the past. Ballsy in this car, but great if Ford can pull it off.

Why are Ford only building 250/year?

Looks to me that in the current market they could easily sell 1000 without denting the demand

They are being built at a boutique factory same guys that built the Aston 177. It's too small for Ford to set up production they can't get enough cars to dealers as it is.

I have my name at two dealers - #3 and #1 but there are 1000's of Ford dealers.

Ford has told dealers don't take a deposit or charge over sticker - my guess is Ford is going to hand pick the owners.

Wonder how small the cockpit is - guessing it's going to be extremely tight.

Wonder how small the cockpit is - guessing it's going to be extremely tight.

It's tight, but not quite as bad as you'd think because the seat bottom is part of the tub, and thus lower than the seat bottom in the old car. Height is less the problem than width. I'm 5'10 and 175 lbs and fit fine, but two guys next to each other who are 225 lbs are not gonna be loving life.

There are a couple large guys on engineering staff that have managed to squeeze in at 6'3+.

LFA is butt ugly compared to the FGT, it's also front engine and it's performance is lame considering the price...

only thing the LFA does well is the make great sounds when revving...

Don't want to derail the thread.

This is way off. LFA does lots of great things. Fit and finish better than any Ford product ever. May not be the fastest but it's worth every penny.

fit and finish, really, that's it? I guess you're into Lexus, go for it... :) Ford GT over LFA any day...

This is way off. LFA does lots of great things. Fit and finish better than any Ford product ever. May not be the fastest but it's worth every penny.

It's tight, but not quite as bad as you'd think because the seat bottom is part of the tub, and thus lower than the seat bottom in the old car. Height is less the problem than width. I'm 5'10 and 175 lbs and fit fine, but two guys next to each other who are 225 lbs are not gonna be loving life.

There are a couple large guys on engineering staff that have managed to squeeze in at 6'3+.

Thanks - I am in the not loving life category 6 2" 215.

The amazing thing about Ford is - when they bought into the exotic world they fail but when they take a little effort under the Ford brand they perform extremely well.

I love the GT fingers crossed.

Please stop drinking so heavily before posting. ;)

fit and finish, really, that's it? I guess you're into Lexus, go for it... :) Ford GT over LFA any day...

Into lots of things, Lexus just happens to be one. I wanted a Ford GT too, until I drove one. Everyone has different tastes and the LFA happens to be very polarizing to some. I think it's a great car and is my favorite to drive regularly.

• 1 month later...

So it is for skinny people?! I'm done... loving my Murci more and more..

Read on Ford forum that Ford is taking deposaits directly THEN customer chooses which dealer to accept deliver from who are on a list of approved dealers.

Can you confirm that? If so, how do you go about doing it?