GT Pricing

Camel Toe Juice

Can you confirm that? If so, how do you go about doing it?

Ford will be taking applications starting in 2016, so don't get too excited yet. No one knows the exact algorithm they will use to choose the lucky few, but if you have no history with Ford as a customer, I'm guessing you'll be SOL right off the bat. Once the customers have been selected and the car purchased directly through Ford, they will take delivery from a list of qualified dealers of the CUSTOMER'S choosing. Pretty neat concept. Will see how it all plays out IRL.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ford learned a big lesson from the previous GT....they let to much money out the back door and they weren't going to let that happen again. Can't say I blame them. After all '05 GT's are selling for WAY over original MSRP.

• 2 weeks later...
Ford will be taking applications starting in 2016, so don't get too excited yet. No one knows the exact algorithm they will use to choose the lucky few, but if you have no history with Ford as a customer, I'm guessing you'll be SOL right off the bat. Once the customers have been selected and the car purchased directly through Ford, they will take delivery from a list of qualified dealers of the CUSTOMER'S choosing. Pretty neat concept. Will see how it all plays out IRL.

I don't think it's a neat concept. It seems to be an exclusionary and extraordinarily convoluted way to buy a car, a process that should be enjoyable. It kind of reminds me of the way Ferrari does business. To me, it's off-putting and even though my business buys a shit ton of Ford vehicles which might help "qualify" me, I think I'll pass on all of this nonsense. Plenty of other great cars out there.

It's a shame though, because I think the car is going to be a humdinger.

Ford picked the best of a bunch of bad options on allocation. If they were regularly in the business of building supercars, it would definitely be a different story, but based on the circumstances surrounding production and what happened with the last car, I don't really see a better alternative.

There are definitely more US Ford dealers who would be willing to keep it sitting on the floor forever than there will be U.S units, in which case, there's no real point in building more than the minimum homologation quantity. Ferrari, Lambo, Mac, don't have that problem. Second problem is collector car status of the last car. Virtually ensures an open market for the new car would relegate the majority into collections that never see the light of day, which again defeats the purpose of building it.

Just my opinion.

I don't think it's a neat concept. It seems to be an exclusionary and extraordinarily convoluted way to buy a car, a process that should be enjoyable. It kind of reminds me of the way Ferrari does business. To me, it's off-putting and even though my business buys a shit ton of Ford vehicles which might help "qualify" me, I think I'll pass on all of this nonsense. Plenty of other great cars out there.

It's a shame though, because I think the car is going to be a humdinger.

But, yet, you have ordered a 488 through Ferrari's system.

Can't get enough of this car. Styling goes in a totally different direction than every other manufacturer. The area where the exhaust are looks a bit strange, but understandable, trying to fit stuff in the smallest room.

• 4 weeks later...

That looks absolutely stunning indeed. The want is great ... BUT ....

Bringing a 400k car to a Ford dealership for service really rubs all the shine off.

That looks absolutely stunning indeed. The want is great ... BUT ....

Bringing a 400k car to a Ford dealership for service really rubs all the shine off.

Not gonna happen.

Besides, I've had service fcuk up cars of every stripe. Lambo just came back from first service with a bunch of surface scratches. Drives me nuts.