GT Pricing

Camel Toe Juice

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am curious who won't be getting one, also very excited to see one in person soon(ish) here in LA

"apparently, it doesn’t matter if your name is John Smith or Jay Leno when it comes to acquiring the new Ford GT. All interested parties, regardless of prestige or fame, will have to participate in a meticulous review process that involves a lengthy application before they’re considered as a potential buyer of one of the coveted 250 GTs available.

According to The Detroit News, Ford’s product chief, Raj Nair, stated in an interview that the vetting process is to ensure the GTs go to valued, long-standing Ford customers that likely won’t sell the car for profit or place the car in a collection for viewing purposes only. The company wants owners of the new GT to enjoy–and by enjoy they mean drive– the car as an automobile is meant to be enjoyed."

http://blog.dupontregistry.com/ford/heres-...-a-new-ford-gt/

Hahahaha, what kind of statement is that by the mr Nair? That meticulous review process will be infinitely quicker and smoother when the name IS INDEED Jay Leno! What a muppet comment to make.

Max is 250 annually globally.

Production is 250 because the car is time consuming to build. The majority of the car is CF done in MM's 10 atmosphere autoclaves. They'll be able to complete about 1 car per day once the process is up and running. They could probably build a few more, but not many, and certainly not within the margin for error they need. It took a while to get from 2-3 cars up to 9 cars daily on the last one. The new car came together so quickly that production is going to start very slowly. They will produce a tiny number of cars in calendar year 2016.

The only people capable of guaranteeing anyone a car are Bill Ford and Mark Fields. Short of that, until you've seen your name on the allocation letter from the company, it's all in the air. Do I think they will sell me one? Yes. Is that any kind of guarantee? No.

A lot can change in a couple years. A $400k car with many options is never a lock to sell-out. Markets blow up all the time. That said, I think people are going to be blown away by the car when they finally get to see the full madness and given the performance/rarity/heritage not even blink at the price.

Okay so that sounds reasonable. I thought that was total production number and... well why it even bothers me lol :D I am not a buyer, but anyway seemed way too low number... Thanks DBK for explanation.

Anyone seen any performance numbers.

Would it be mean to create an (fake) approved letter from Ford - send it off to a few guys for April fools :)

Someone has to do it!

• 3 weeks later...

I am seeing alot of "begging" by youtube bloggers to get in line for this. Is this the new trend? Has buying a new car really got to this level? Does a person have to spend hundreds of hours , get millions of followers, almost shed their pride/dignity to be the chosen one and jump through the hoops for a manufacturer to sell them their new car, which will most likely be played out in 2 years tops?! We have to beg/jump through hoops to spend $400k on a car?

Really? yes it looks good but for god sakes a modded 80k GTR can beat the shit out of it and they are asking a $400k price!

fcuk that, Ford keep you car!

At 400k I can buy a used Aventador and the new GTR and have the biggest smile on my face.

I am pretty disgusted how bad this has gotten, it seems so Ferrari based and that is why I cant stand Ferrari's either.

Lets all admit the car market has been vastly inflated the past few years for many reasons. 4 million dollar veneno, 2.5 pagani, 1 million dollar porsche....Really? That price point fits probably 200 people in the world, not the general population. Lets say 500 for arguments sake. Lets say 800 since some of the people in Socal fully leverage/ finance their toys. And I am absolutley clear that Ford is trying to market to those specific people.

I see this more as who has the bigger balls/who has the best bank to finance club than what this actual toy are worth! Some of my acquaintances in OC have some of these toys and plaster them on social media, some I am proud for they bought for the right reasons, some bought to be a poser (cant really afford it) and post the stupidest shit I ever read on instagram/to inflate their superficial ego.

I used to love the car scene it was different back in the day. Now it is a bit sad/disheartening. I am too broke to play this big ballers game moved on and a bt disgruntled.

Rant over, done.

thanks

I am seeing alot of "begging" by youtube bloggers to get in line for this. Is this the new trend? Has buying a new car really got to this level? Does a person have to spend hundreds of hours , get millions of followers, almost shed their pride/dignity to be the chosen one and jump through the hoops for a manufacturer to sell them their new car, which will most likely be played out in 2 years tops?! We have to beg/jump through hoops to spend $400k on a car?

Really? yes it looks good but for god sakes a modded 80k GTR can beat the shit out of it and they are asking a $400k price!

At 400k I can buy a used Aventador and the new GTR and have the biggest smile on my face.

I am pretty disgusted how bad this has gotten, it seems so Ferrari based and that is why I cant stand Ferrari's either.

Lets all admit the car market has been vastly inflated the past few years for many reasons. 4 million dollar veneno, 2.5 pagani, 1 million dollar porsche....Really? That price point fits probably 200 people in the world, not the general population. Lets say 500 for arguments sake. Lets say 800 since some of the people in Socal fully leverage/ finance their toys. And I am absolutley clear that Ford is trying to market to those specific people.

I see this more as who has the bigger balls/who has the best bank to finance club than what this actual toy are worth! Some of my acquaintances in OC have some of these toys and plaster them on social media, some I am proud for they bought for the right reasons, some bought to be a poser (cant really afford it) and post the stupidest shit I ever read on instagram/to inflate their superficial ego.

I used to love the car scene it was different back in the day. Now it is a bit sad/disheartening. I am too broke to play this big ballers game moved on and a bt disgruntled.

Rant over, done.

thanks

I'm reading this while filling out a credit app for 360 month financing for a 918...

Rant over, done.

thanks

Ford is selling at sticker to there most loyal high profile customers - why that is an issue or one that you think they did it to piss you off is beyond me.

Ferrari has the wealthiest client list in the world - their customers who decide to take out loans it's because they can. Not sure where you bank but unless I have the means to pay off a loan the bank doesn't fund.

The vast majority of these cars will end up being owned by people that bought a $150k car ten years ago that never thought there would be another and Ford dealers that have spent tens or hundreds of millions of dollars on Ford inventory. I don't see a lot of crossover with er, the big balls internet finance club.

I also still fail to see how it is at all Ferrari-ish. Ferrari makes you buy a specific succession of cars to get in line for the never-ending lineup of special stuff everyone knows is coming, and if you deviate, you're out. Ford is like "hey, you still own that car from like ten years ago? Want to buy something nobody ever thought would come out?"

I don't know why you're complaining about their chosen allocation process if you're too broke to play the big ballers game. What do you think the open market street price of the car would be in the US at 150 units per year? It'd be a lot more than $450k, I assure you of that. People continue to pay $350-450k for a silly paint job on the old car, and they made 343 of those.

You're also wildly underestimating how much money is floating around the global economy. 200 people in the world? There are 10x that amount of people with a net worth sufficient to buy the entire production run of this car.

The vast majority of these cars will end up being owned by people that bought a $150k car ten years ago that never thought there would be another and Ford dealers that have spent tens or hundreds of millions of dollars on Ford inventory. I don't see a lot of crossover with er, the big balls internet finance club.

I also still fail to see how it is at all Ferrari-ish. Ferrari makes you buy a specific succession of cars to get in line for the never-ending lineup of special stuff everyone knows is coming, and if you deviate, you're out. Ford is like "hey, you still own that car from like ten years ago? Want to buy something nobody ever thought would come out?"

I don't know why you're complaining about their chosen allocation process if you're too broke to play the big ballers game. What do you think the open market street price of the car would be in the US at 150 units per year? It'd be a lot more than $450k, I assure you of that. People continue to pay $350-450k for a silly paint job on the old car, and they made 343 of those.

You're also wildly underestimating how much money is floating around the global economy. 200 people in the world? There are 10x that amount of people with a net worth sufficient to buy the entire production run of this car.

My thoughts exactly. There are plenty of car people that could buy whatever they want and however many they want without breaking a sweat. Certainly not just 500 or 800 people...

My thoughts exactly. There are plenty of car people that could buy whatever they want and however many they want without breaking a sweat. Certainly not just 500 or 800 people...

Considering 918 P1 La SV & Roadster 599 tdf in the past year all sold out to 3500+

3200 Ford Dealers - given the success of the 05 - 06 G the new one is on a whole new level built for competition.

Over here $400k buys you a nice S Class and I see them floating around everywhere, there are lots of people with plenty of money, those fords given the limited run aren't expensive at $400k.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Name one.

GT exists in a class of it's own. Closest car I can compare it to is the P1 if you took out weight and the hybrid stuff. It would easily be over a million if it was Ferrari or Mac. The car is an engineering tour de force.

Pricing is $4xx.

675LT is currently the only other car in this class. Hard to say at this point which is better. Next year's P14 will have more power but more weight

• 4 weeks later...
Forgot to add, Porsche gt2RS will join this space soon

I'm a Porsche fan boy but there's no way the GT2 RS will compare to the FGT aside from performance - different beast.

Once porsche come out with their junior supercar that'll be within this range.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Absolutely none of that is correct.

They will make ~250 cars a year for the entire world. The first cars will be built in the second half of 2016. They will likely get out about 100-150 in 2016. The cars will be priced with a base MSRP of a little under $400k.

*sorry - I should note that it is being constructed in Ontario, so at least he got that right. The rest is just made up. Your best bet is to just not talk to dealers about the car.*

Well, I was way off...I think im going to stick to my motorcycles and other toys. A bit disappointed but not surprised.