Tender Ferrari guys

Minte

Took the LP to a F-club get together yesterday. This being Wi, usually means there is one Lambo there and it's usually me. There are however a lot of F-cars here. Yesterday at the Quaker Steak meet there were upwards of 25of them.

As soon as I pulled into the parking lot, the guy directing traffic says... MAN BUY A MUFFLER FOR THAT THING! I gave him a dose of 6000rpm's and said back...why?,it sounds incredible. Of course they had me park on the other side of the lot, away from the F-cars. That was fine. So after I backed in and popped the doors just about the entire crowd of people crowded around the car. I was keeping an eye on the car as I was visiting with some friends that were there and I noticed that non-stop the Lambo was getting all the attention. It was even stranger in the restaurant. My wife and I sat down to order lunch. was wearing a Lambo shirt. No one with Ferrari garb sat anywhere near or made any attempt to visit. The Porsche guys did.

Leaving the event was fun. There is a long entrance ramp to the freeway. :)

quaker2015_23.jpg

I have come to call this the "turd in the punchbowl" phenomenon... A bunch of car guys gather to stroke themselves off in their awesomeness, and a lambo shows up steals their thunder.

That's great! Lambs have a road presence that F-cars don't. Especially V12s with scissor doors. Don't change the exhaust! It sounds like it is fantastic.

what you just described is exactly what drew me more to lambo than ferrari. Most of the ferrari guys are stuck up pricks and the lambo guys are more laid back and having fun (not allways the case but seems more often than not).

Unfortunately thats the price to pay when you have the one of the best looking cars on the planet. Typically pisses off a frew people I mean turds......

I have come to call this the "turd in the punchbowl" phenomenon... A bunch of car guys gather to stroke themselves off in their awesomeness, and a lambo shows up steals their thunder.

:iamwithstupid: Awesome car :icon_thumleft:

what you just described is exactly what drew me more to lambo than ferrari. Most of the ferrari guys are stuck up pricks and the lambo guys are more laid back and having fun (not allways the case but seems more often than not).

this

Nice 348 :icon_mrgreen:

Which is a corollary to my "turd in the punchbowl" theorem. The lamer the "exotic" car the others are worshipping, the more pissed they will be you are there.

there is a trend here you didn't note. That must be stated:

the worse the Ferrari the worse the owner. The 400i guys and 308 owners are the ones with their noses highest in the air. The Enzo owners I've known over the years all but one have been great.

so the worse the Ferrari the worse the owner is the general rule of thumb, there are exceptions. But that's rare.

the vintage guys are 60/40 cool from my experience. A few of them are too stiff and snob, some are so old they are just shot out. However 60% are nice guys, i'm referring to the $10M and up a car collectors who have multiple cars.

LOL I'd love to see that.

somewhere there is a pic of my back with the bull tattooed in the middle with a Ferrari hat on backwards, we took it in a store as a joke.

I'm sure someone here has it, my girl might, i'll ask her.

sadly that tattoo had to die. It was a painful death by lazier, very sad as it was a great tattoo, but like everything in life the new covers the old. And the bull didn't fit in. However since then I have installed a new bull-yay!!!

Nice 348 :icon_mrgreen:

i bought a road registered 348 challenge (real challenge car, former italian car challenge series car...this is a pic of the car racing in the 90's) and i will tell you is a GREAT driver's car

no idea how a regular one drives but believe me the challenge is a quick car and good handling....VERY fun

i am to first to say i would have never guessed it....but is a fun fun car and with the right driver it could be faster than most think, expecially in the bends

i do not think a countach is quicker on the road or the trak...

now flame on :icon_mrgreen:

post-4328-1435082482_thumb.jpg

as for ferrari guy's attitutide....well there are some idiots in all groups

i found lambo guys tend to have less idiots around than Ferrari-Porsche groups :)

as for ferrari guy's attitutide....well there are some idiots in all groups

i found lambo guys tend to have less idiots around than Ferrari-Porsche groups :)

It was the pack mentality with this group. If you weren't wearing RED you were out. I've been real active with the Porsche guys for 20 years and those guys are always friendly and enthusiastic.

I agree with LVEric about some of the nicest people in the car groups are the guys with the most amazing collections.

This generalizing of F vs L car owners is really annoying and quite biased depending who you talk to.

While I have no issue with Lambo owners, there's a strong perception by a fair amount of car enthusiasts that L guys are insecure with the need to have green, yellow or orange paint on an already very flashy car (and some of these wheel choices don't help much either). The need to paint wheels and tai lights black, etc.

Fair or unfair it's every bit as real as the elitist F guy who touts a racing "pedigree" as the end all be all to motoring. A Ferrari or an Aston Martin may not win the parking lot pimpin award, but they'll never be accused of trying too hard.

I know some legit L and F guys, and interestingly enough these debates never come up. We love cars for what they are not how they affect others.

Then I look at a photo album of a typical rally and I yawn at most of the owners.