Ballers

Supercar Ace

Meh. Seems kind of douchey, but has potential. I already like True Detective season 2 already.

Really? I was jazzed for True Detective but so far there's only 1 character I like (Colin Farrel's). I get it has a lot to set up, so we'll see how it pans it. In any case, Sunday night just got a whole lot more interesting :turboalex:

It's ok, I could think of worse ways to spend 30 min on Sunday night. I'll watch it. Also, True Detective seems promising.

yeah i totally agree....not a bad show...but it def feels rushed........1-2-3 shit gets done, shit happens...boom...before you know it the episode is over

Really? I was jazzed for True Detective but so far there's only 1 character I like (Colin Farrel's). I get it has a lot to set up, so we'll see how it pans it. In any case, Sunday night just got a whole lot more interesting :turboalex:

I noticed the underlying premise for TD is the build. It takes it's time and focus' on the details. For me, that's not all the common nowdays and is lost in most shows. Not here and I love it. The show is dark, brooding and deliberate.

Farrel's character is great, but I honestly think, and was a bit surprised but as the season goes, Vaughn's will outshine him. He is showing a lot of depth with this charact and he's one of the few actors I like across his spread of roles.

McAdams shows a lot of potential. I like her angry side for the show, it's fitting.

The bike cop, seems to be the most flat, but we'll see.

I noticed the underlying premise for TD is the build. It takes it's time and focus' on the details. For me, that's not all the common nowdays and is lost in most shows. Not here and I love it. The show is dark, brooding and deliberate.

Farrel's character is great, but I honestly think, and was a bit surprised but as the season goes, Vaughn's will outshine him. He is showing a lot of depth with this charact and he's one of the few actors I like across his spread of roles.

McAdams shows a lot of potential. I like her angry side for the show, it's fitting.

The bike cop, seems to be the most flat, but we'll see.

After 3 episodes into both series I'm liking Ballers a lot. TD I'm not sure how I feel, but I agree that Vince Vaughn might be the one to steal the show. McAdam's character just isn't interesting (so far her family is way more intriguing than her) and bike cop is just taking up space. Farrel's character is well flushed out and is great to watch. I get that TD is about the build up but last season the I felt the pacing of the build up was more rewarding as a viewer. So far I feel like a things have been happening but we haven't gotten anywhere, were as last season we moved in a more interesting fashion.

Caught up on the first 3 episodes. Its a cool show and I have been looking forward to it for a long time but Im not a fan of 30 minute shows... Just feels way too rushed.

Yeah, I really dislike the 30minute episodes.... They go by way to quick for the weeks wait. But I sure like the show