Underground Racing Twin Turbo X-Version Huracán. **VIDEO**

Congratulations to Justin and UR for building an amazing car. Lambo owners are lucky to have a shop like UR pioneering this platform. To place that high as the Huracan did its first time out is outstanding.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correction... When I had to get emissions for my car I drove right into the place and passed right after TI with no changes to my car. I even had half a tank of import in my gas tank.

I couldn't get my stock r8 to pass emissions but my 2r did lmao

At the risk of beating this point to death, I am with Dustin. The AM.S GTR is a fantastic car and congrats to Daniel, but it is not a street car in the strict road licence sense where I come from.

As I have posted before, the competitions in Australia- 1000metres from a dig require street cars that have to be able to pass state inspection and run 93octane or E85 pump gas.

At the last event I attended in the RS6, the local highway patrol were random checking competitor cars before they entered the circuit gates! A few of the competitors had to be trailered home with yellow defect stickers. Very sad for them:(

At our events, cars Like the winning TI GTR running as it is, plus any car running race fuel, drag radials etc runs in the "Demonstration Class" and has to be trailered into the circuit.

Demonstration cars are encouraged to participate so enthusiasts can see the pinnacle of motor vehicle engineering in real life:)

Of course the Demonstration class in Oz always has the top speed and ET over the street cars, as you would expect.

The AM.S GTR and the UGR and Heffner Lambo's, UGR Huracan and R8 are all at the pinnacle of engineering and great that we can see them run at TI and other events.

I drive my Lambo and Audi to all the events I participate in on pump gas. Not much VP MS109 when you are driving out in the country here!

My next run for the Lambo TT is the Cooma 1000 in NSW late November 2015.

That will be a 3,000mile drive for me from the West coast to the East coast of Australia to get there- going from Perth to Cooma via Melbourne. Just call me a masochist, but I believe our cars are meant to be driven:)

https://www.facebook.com/SnowyMountains1000...e=1&theater

Heck, I have just had it landed in New York off the ship so I can drive the car in Late August in the US from the east coast to California and back to the east coast visiting old friends from when I lived and worked in the States,before the car is shipped back to Perth in mid September 2015. This is no garage queen:)

Just my two cents,

cheers,

john

post-130322-1435347244_thumb.jpg

Honestly I find it a huge compliment to UGR that AMMMSSSS and other GTR shops are going to the extreme to try and beat their full trim cars. It is an awesome compliment.

With out the GTR guys our platform would stay pretty stagnant. A stage 3 would be running around still winning TI and owning the streets on pump gas.

In response to the inspection comments, note that there is not a uniform state inspection across all US states. Oklahoma for example does not impose a state inspection. Our tech form has a litany of questions that balance the line between "street" and "race cars" and acts an initial gatekeeper.

What's the fastest 1/2 mille time for the Omuuuuugaaaa? 225? That's cute... UGR hold the record 234... ;-)

If the TT H shows up at one of those events, that 234 may turn into 240 or so.

In regards to the whole "street car" discussion, from what I understand, this Huracan has a dog box transmission, and a Motec ecu. This type of car is closer to race form than it will ever be to street. But i have to believe that is what is was built for, to make a number.

There is no doubt in my mind, when you talk about street cars, and street-ability, that a car like this is quite rough to drive on the street. The transmission will be loud, clunky and firm. The car will need constant attention, spark plug changes and the such to keep her running tip top. It will never idle or have the low speed manners of a "stock: style car. People should never consider these types of builds anything close to a street car. Its a race car, meant to race and make people cry.

Now, what I would love to see, is a Huracan that perhaps has a bolt on kit that would make around 700-850 rwhp and retain stock computer controls, stock transmission, ect. That would be one hell of a car to drive around and hurt peoples feelings. Of course you could have the 1200-1500 rwhp cars to step it up a notch, but i get the feeling that these DSG transmissions might need a lot of work to hold that power. Anyone can make ANY car pass emissions, so there is nothing special there. That is simply turning off the trouble codes in the ECU that trigger emissions faults. That can be done to your KIA. And there are plenty of idiots out there at emissions testing facilities that have no idea what to look for on the visual inspection.

DUHAWKS, I am sure the reason you failed the inspection is because the check engine light must have been on, and if it was not, then they didnt properly program out the fault codes in the ECU. That would be an issue with the tuner I suppose, nothing you did.

I have heard that ASS is doing big things with the Huracan combined with a Shep-Trans to make a real street beast!! I cant wait to see more from them.

Let the R&D continue, I want to see more out of this car, I think it is going to be an even better platform for this type of performace than the previous gen R8 and Gallardos. The Aventador was never meant for this.

In regards to the whole "street car" discussion, from what I understand, this Huracan has a dog box transmission, and a Motec ecu. This type of car is closer to race form than it will ever be to street. But i have to believe that is what is was built for, to make a number.

There is no doubt in my mind, when you talk about street cars, and street-ability, that a car like this is quite rough to drive on the street. The transmission will be loud, clunky and firm. The car will need constant attention, spark plug changes and the such to keep her running tip top. It will never idle or have the low speed manners of a "stock: style car. People should never consider these types of builds anything close to a street car. Its a race car, meant to race and make people cry.

Now, what I would love to see, is a Huracan that perhaps has a bolt on kit that would make around 700-850 rwhp and retain stock computer controls, stock transmission, ect. That would be one hell of a car to drive around and hurt peoples feelings. Of course you could have the 1200-1500 rwhp cars to step it up a notch, but i get the feeling that these DSG transmissions might need a lot of work to hold that power. Anyone can make ANY car pass emissions, so there is nothing special there. That is simply turning off the trouble codes in the ECU that trigger emissions faults. That can be done to your KIA. And there are plenty of idiots out there at emissions testing facilities that have no idea what to look for on the visual inspection.

DUHAWKS, I am sure the reason you failed the inspection is because the check engine light must have been on, and if it was not, then they didnt properly program out the fault codes in the ECU. That would be an issue with the tuner I suppose, nothing you did.

I have heard that ASS is doing big things with the Huracan combined with a Shep-Trans to make a real street beast!! I cant wait to see more from them.

Let the R&D continue, I want to see more out of this car, I think it is going to be an even better platform for this type of performace than the previous gen R8 and Gallardos. The Aventador was never meant for this.

MY G has the same tranny and I can tell you it is 100% streetable. Clutch pedal takes away all the disadvantages. No more loud than my previously fully built UGR E gear and manual tranny. Spark plug changes are part of running any fuel other than pump gas.......pump gas is gay for any car capable of over 800+hp (who wants to drive around a sub 1000hp turd anyway ;) ).

This is my first hand knowledge and real world experiences.

But if we don't talk about omegaaaaa being a non street car what are we going to talk about for the next few months???? Lol.

Yeah the stock r8 didn't pass emissions because when I had it wrapped they forgot to tighten the gas tank lid......

I agree that 80% of the population would rather have 800-1200 whp but the chances are if your reading this and on the forums your going to want infinity horsepowers.

Really what we all need to take from TI is that the UGR customer cars got a shit ton faster. If your a GTR fan you can take away that the billet block is showing progress and becoming reliable.

MY G has the same tranny and I can tell you it is 100% streetable. Clutch pedal takes away all the disadvantages. No more loud than my previously fully built UGR E gear and manual tranny. Spark plug changes are part of running any fuel other than pump gas.......pump gas is gay for any car capable of over 800+hp (who wants to drive around a sub 1000hp turd anyway ;) ).

This is my first hand knowledge and real world experiences.

Only thing not streetable is your underwear when you use the antilag....shit has has to be replaced every pull. Can't be riding around dirty.

You have a lot of bad information here in your post that you are trying to put out as factual information which is false. Just to clear up a couple. First, the fastest car/Gallardo at TI is 0db2 compliant and NOTHING was done to the stock ECU's as far as turning codes off or modifying them in anyway to keep it odb2 compliant. You have no idea how we use the MoTeC on these setups. 2nd, Dhawks said his 2R LP570 PASEED GA odb2 inspections. You posted that it DIDN'T and blamed it on not being properly programmed. :eusa_naughty:

Please read other posts more carefully before you go on a rant like you know what you are posting about. thanks!

But if we don't talk about omegaaaaa being a non street car what are we going to talk about for the next few months???? Lol.

Yeah the stock r8 didn't pass emissions because when I had it wrapped they forgot to tighten the gas tank lid......

I agree that 80% of the population would rather have 800-1200 whp but the chances are if your reading this and on the forums your going to want infinity horsepowers.

Really what we all need to take from TI is that the UGR customer cars got a shit ton faster. If your a GTR fan you can take away that the billet block is showing progress and becoming reliable.

You nailed it. Besides crazy Mullet (j/K). Who really wants to drive on the street with over 2000HP all the time.lol.

Dustin Honest question , If YOU had a choice what power level would you do if you had to do it a new build on Hurucan ,R8 or gallardo?

I am willing to bet 1200-1300HP package.

In a few years there will be quite a few GTRs with billet blocks running 76mm-80mm turbos with full interior no chute , no cage ,AC, AIR to AIR.

Its really not rocket science. Its not like having the stuff above is going to make less HP besides the Air to Air will have its limits. ETS ran air to air on their 7.5 pass @190.

The chute is for safety.Cage is for safety. the rest is optional.

I think the 2000HP builds are for people that have unlimited funds and don't mind the cost.

That's any easy question. If money were no option I would do a white 570 or white Huracan with twin 98s, dog box, 500 shot, and water/meth with m1 motec.

No brainer. And no. I'm not joking.

If I can't win then there is no sense in building anything. I don't get pleasure in cruising around to be honest. I like to do the events and try and win.

That's any easy question. If money were no option I would do a white 570 or white Huracan with twin 98s, dog box, 500 shot, and water/meth with m1 motec.

No brainer. And no. I'm not joking.

If I can't win then there is no sense in building anything.

That was not the question. Question is today if you had any one of those cars. Meaning your current position.

Unlimited funds i would do the same. I would also have a garage full of all exotics..

That was not the question. Question is today if you had any one of those cars. Meaning your current position.

I wasn't kidding lol.

To me I want the fastest available or nothing at all. I honestly don't like car shows, cruising around and those things. If I liked those things I would get a stage 3 right now.

To be honest the only thing I would be interested in is racing omegggaaaa again. I raced everyone else out there and they were slow.

I wasn't kidding lol.

To me I want the fastest available or nothing at all. I honestly don't like car shows, cruising around and those things. If I liked those things I would get a stage 3 right now.

To be honest the only thing I would be interested in is racing omegggaaaa again. I raced everyone else out there and they were slow.

So you would just build it for those big events and not to cruise around? I guess i would enjoy driving my "hobby" a little more. thats just me.

So you would just build it for those big events and not to cruise around? I guess i would enjoy driving my "hobby" a little more. thats just me.

Yeah. I would only want an event car. Hell there are so many events now days. Plenty of chances to have fun.

You have a lot of bad information here in your post that you are trying to put out as factual information which is false. Just to clear up a couple. First, the fastest car/Gallardo at TI is 0db2 compliant and NOTHING was done to the stock ECU's as far as turning codes off or modifying them in anyway to keep it odb2 compliant. You have no idea how we use the MoTeC on these setups. 2nd, Dhawks said his 2R LP570 PASEED GA odb2 inspections. You posted that it DIDN'T and blamed it on not being properly programmed. :eusa_naughty:

Please read other posts more carefully before you go on a rant like you know what you are posting about. thanks!

I was referring to the R8 that did not pass emissions, a few posts above he said it was because the fuel cap was off. I was not talking about the SL.

These days, you cant add a cold air intake to most cars without the computer throwing a code. There is absolutely no way that these cars along with some of my other cars that were running this fat would pass a old school sniffer test. Thank God they dont do that anymore here or alot of us would have a hard time getting passed. All I was saying is that most cars fail the emissions test because the secondary cats are removed and the secondary 02 sensors kick the code. However now that I think about it, Gallardos and Huracans dont have the 02s behind the second set of cats that get removed when you take the factory exhaust off, so these cars dont require the codes to be shut off for that reason.

It was always funny to me when I would take cars to the emissions test that I knew should never pass, and hoping the tester had no idea what was going on.....for if they only knew the truth!!!!!! :eusa_naughty:

I was referring to the R8 that did not pass emissions, a few posts above he said it was because the fuel cap was off. I was not talking about the SL.

These days, you cant add a cold air intake to most cars without the computer throwing a code. There is absolutely no way that these cars along with some of my other cars that were running this fat would pass a old school sniffer test. Thank God they dont do that anymore here or alot of us would have a hard time getting passed. All I was saying is that most cars fail the emissions test because the secondary cats are removed and the secondary 02 sensors kick the code. However now that I think about it, Gallardos and Huracans dont have the 02s behind the second set of cats that get removed when you take the factory exhaust off, so these cars dont require the codes to be shut off for that reason.

It was always funny to me when I would take cars to the emissions test that I knew should never pass, and hoping the tester had no idea what was going on.....for if they only knew the truth!!!!!! :eusa_naughty:

hey......................................... who cares??