Underground Racing Twin Turbo X-Version Huracán. **VIDEO**

I am curious what you mean by "never has and never will run on the actual street"? There are tons of video of the car driving all over the place. It was actually driven to and from the hotel at the TI event.

By that i ment, of course , racing on the street.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By that i ment, of course , racing on the street.

Yes, that is very true. The liability is just too great. That is why we do events like TI that simulate street racing in a controlled environment.

The ET Street is a bias ply slick that has tread. The ET Street Radial has sidewall support like any other radial tire would. This is a 100% DOT approved street tire. Here is a picture of the two next to each other for a visual reference. http://speednik.com/files/2014/05/IMG_6815.jpg

Not trying to take away anything from y'all's win, because I give you full props on winning TI and I think you have done amazing, but there is a reason you guys aren't using Toyos and it's a big advantage. Something tells me if Sal's Viper was running ET streets and laid down a high 215+ mph, the GTR crowd would be screaming the same 'not a street car' rant like the Lambo crowd to A.MS

Not trying to take away anything from y'all's win, because I give you full props on winning TI and I think you have done amazing, but there is a reason you guys aren't using Toyos and it's a big advantage. Something tells me if Sal's Viper was running ET streets and laid down a high 215+ mph, the GTR crowd would be screaming the same 'not a street car' rant like the Lambo crowd to A.MS

This debate about the nebulous definitions of "street tire" and "street car are humorous. Both the R888 and the M/T drag radial are radial tires employing R compound rubber (>200 wear). They also both have dot stamps, and neither would get you a ticket if you were pulled over and your car was inspected. At some point people need to stop complaining about shops taking advantage of equipment that falls within the rules of the event. Either that or they need to take advantage of said equipment or not participate. Additionally both lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the omega mu mu and the fast lambos are heavily modified and could both come into question in regards to whether or not they are true street cars. Air shifted dog box, billet engine block, the list goes on. Rules are rules, hate the game not the player.

This debate about the nebulous definitions of "street tire" and "street car are humorous. Both the R888 and the M/T drag radial are radial tires employing R compound rubber (>200 wear). They also both have dot stamps, and neither would get you a ticket if you were pulled over and your car was inspected. At some point people need to stop complaining about shops taking advantage of equipment that falls within the rules of the event. Either that or they need to take advantage of said equipment or not participate. Additionally both lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the omega mu mu mu mu and the fast lambos are heavily modified and could both come into question in regards to whether or not they are true street cars. Air shifted dog box, billet engine block, the list goes on. Rules are rules, hate the game not the player.

+1000

If Sal's car went 215 it would only be because he ran out of gear and banged the rev limiter for 500 ft. :lol2:

If Sal's car went 215 it would only be because he ran out of gear and banged the rev limiter for 500 ft. :lol2:

fcuk yea

Can this type of torque (estimating this setup is 1510tq) be reliable with the dual clutch (with billet gears) of the R8 & Huracan?

As of yet no. The UGR car was running an air shifted dog box in the Huracan. I know that ASS has upgraded clutches for their TT R8, but no gearset. ASS makes about 1250 WHP per their marketing in that car. The R8 has enough turbo to make much more. The DSG will take time to develop. As far as making power the Gallardo isn't much different than the Huracan besides the transmission.

As of yet no. The UGR car was running an air shifted dog box in the Huracan. I know that ASS has upgraded clutches for their TT R8, but no gearset. ASS makes about 1250 WHP per their marketing in that car. The R8 has enough turbo to make much more. The DSG will take time to develop. As far as making power the Gallardo isn't much different than the Huracan besides the transmission.

I would hope UGR will decide to develop the DCT further too. I mean thats kind of like the whole point of that platform. The dog box is nice and quick shifting, but i thought of it as more of a short time solution. Kevin said the Huracan will have the DCT for the lower HP packages, which i think is great and a good starting point. But if i were them i would develop it further. The gallardo times are over. The Huracan will take over this market in 2-3 years when there are plenty of used ones and SL ones.

The Huracan is so nice looking and advanced i think it should have the best possible transmission as well which IMO is the DCT.

I would hope UGR will decide to develop the DCT further too. I mean thats kind of like the whole point of that platform. The dog box is nice and quick shifting, but i thought of it as more of a short time solution. Kevin said the Huracan will have the DCT for the lower HP packages, which i think is great and a good starting point. But if i were them i would develop it further. The gallardo times are over. The Huracan will take over this market in 2-3 years when there are plenty of used ones and SL ones.

The Huracan is so nice looking and advanced i think it should have the best possible transmission as well which IMO is the DCT.

I think that all good things will come in time. In the GTR world the transmissions were not developed over night. In the Huracan world there are fewer cars out there and consequently less overall demand. I know that it is possible to procure an upgraded clutch set already for the Lambo/R8 DSG. Additionally there is already a gearset being developed. The rest of the power train is pretty well figured out which was why UGR could field a high HP Huracan. Give it time and you will see transmission components for the DSG.

We are just happy and honored to be a part of this event. Shocked actually that we won. We went into this past event really feeling like we would be underdogs. UGR came out swinging with rolling antilag, traction control and air shifted dogboxes. Fortunately for us, the GTR just seems to ET better.

215 at TI would be really crazy. I think that would be pretty tough to do... especially RWD. I would love to see it. I would shake their hand and congratulate them for an amazing build and achievement.

Wow what a machine. I really can't think of anything better than a 2100hp Huracan that is so well mannered your grandma could drive it. I wonder what it would pull in the 1/4.

Wow what a machine. I really can't think of anything better than a 2100hp Huracan that is so well mannered your grandma could drive it. I wonder what it would pull in the 1/4.

seems like Grandpa could have driven it faster than KC!

New video of the UR TI fleet. Aeriel shot of the UR cars is just plain sick. Got some interviews of the Howeth Bros in there as well. If you ever get to come out to an event make sure to meet these guys in person. Very down to earth and super cool to hang out with.

New video of the UR TI fleet. Aeriel shot of the UR cars is just plain sick. Got some interviews of the Howeth Bros in there as well. If you ever get to come out to an event make sure to meet these guys in person. Very down to earth and super cool to hang out with.

I just realized...I don't think I've ever seen Kevin in any pics or videos. Always KC. Kevin is the one who posts here, right?

I just realized...I don't think I've ever seen Kevin in any pics or videos. Always KC. Kevin is the one who posts here, right?

Kevin is camera shy! Lol