Underground Racing Twin Turbo X-Version Huracán. **VIDEO**

Is in this race for street cars, why is the Huracan racing a GTR dragster?

BTW the Huracan looks incredible, great job!

My thoughts exaclty, Drag car vs Street car..and the drag car barely wins. The Huracan is a beast in stock form, UGR Huracan is off the charts ridiculous!!! Can't wait to see what more you have in store for us. And thank you to you wealthy lunatics who have the means to pay for these incredible machines.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My thoughts exaclty, Drag car vs Street car..and the drag car barely wins. The Huracan is a beast in stock form, UGR Huracan is off the charts ridiculous!!! Can't wait to see what more you have in store for us. And thank you to you wealthy lunatics who have the means to pay for these incredible machines.

The am.s car is 100% a street car. And the parachute and cage aren't 100% necessary but it's a requirement since the car races at sanctioned track events. If the huracan TT was to race at those same events they would require those safety upgrades be done to the car also even though they are counter productive performance wise. I'd also say its better to extra cautious and give up a bit of speed because things turn sour real fast at 150+mph. Some seem to think it was on slicks but they are using drag radials at TI so it truly is a street capable car. The only thing I would say wasn't true street form is the race fuel but then everyone else also used race fuel so it was a level playing field. Other then that the car still has a full interior and all the creature comforts of a daily driver street car.

The am.s car is 100% a street car. And the parachute and cage aren't 100% necessary but it's a requirement since the car races at sanctioned track events. If the huracan TT was to race at those same events they would require those safety upgrades be done to the car also even though they are counter productive performance wise. I'd also say its better to extra cautious and give up a bit of speed because things turn sour real fast at 150+mph. Some seem to think it was on slicks but they are using drag radials at TI so it truly is a street capable car. The only thing I would say wasn't true street form is the race fuel but then everyone else also used race fuel so it was a level playing field. Other then that the car still has a full interior and all the creature comforts of a daily driver street car.

......... so simple... put the GTR on R888s street tires and take the big silly tires off that awd gtr and see who wins by the length of a 747 air plane.. the huracan would crush the GTR race car if it were also on street tires.... say it aint so jack..! no need to break anything else down.... apple to apple..... huracan faster on same tire..........!

Curious as to the run against lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the omega mu mu. Really seems like DCT is the way to go as there is still hesitation between the shifts with the air-shifted sequential. lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the omega mu mu's pull seemed "smooth" in comparison.

The am.s car is 100% a street car. Other then that the car still has a full interior and all the creature comforts of a daily driver street car.

Does the GTR have a/c ?

Mike

What ... You saw the video ... Still trying to catch my breath ...

Apparently, you can't type if you can't breathe ...

OK ... Who moved my damn Oxygen Tank ... Again ...

Does the GTR have a/c ?

Mike

No lol. No radio or anything like that.

Huracan has GPS and all so it could find the nearest gas station for onegahhh when it has to refuel its couple gallon tank every few miles lol.

Don't think onegahhh has exhaust or anything like that either.

I would be curious to remove the carpet too and look at the flooring. Maybe check the bumper frame supports and all. Lots of weight savings there....

Reducing the weight will really help that little v6 out and make it last longer too.

I wonder why they have never weighed it in public...... Hmmmmm.

I honestly don't care what it weighs FYI. It bugs me when people say it's hundreds and hundreds of pounds heavier than a lambo though. It really cracks me up.

......... so simple... put the GTR on R888s street tires and take the big silly tires off that awd gtr and see who wins by the length of a 747 air plane.. the huracan would crush the GTR race car if it were also on street tires.... say it aint so jack..! no need to break anything else down.... apple to apple..... huracan faster on same tire..........!

get off your high horse. Take it like a man. No one is telling UG not to run a DR. This is pathetic.

post-51915-1435285898.jpg

Now thats a true street car! Looks like a stock Huracan with aftermarket wheels.You can see its finally all in at the end of the 1500ft and was ready to walk the GTR.

get off your high horse. Take it like a man. No one is telling UG not to run a DR. This is pathetic.

Initial purchase costs aside, which one of the two "street cars" would you choose ?

I think you'd pick the lambo because deep down you know that the cars are not even close to be on par and that ohmega had to cut a lot of corners and do a lot of changes (traction , brakes , weight , aero ....) in order to run the way it runs at TI.

You also know that on the street it will never replicate the things it does at TI.

That aside, it takes nothing away from the fact that it won TI. grats to them.

Now thats a true street car! Looks like a stock Huracan with aftermarket wheels.You can see its finally all in at the end of the 1500ft and was ready to walk the GTR.

I think Underground Racing should stop racing in TI until they make it fair for everybody. (This is my opinion, I'm not the speaker of the house for UGR)

1-Lambos are the only street cars running street tires, AC, GPS, ETC.

2-No Lambo was max out in TI because the stoping area is designed for 180 MPH or so... I'm sure UGR team didn't want to take any risk with any of their customers $400k and up Lambos, they don't even have parachutes like the Omegaaaaaa because street cars don't drive around with parachutes right?

3-Underground racing cars are untouchable in 1/2 races.

Even then UGR was the fastest in the event...

Hey Kevin,

If you had to choose between TTGallardo, TTAventador and TTHuracan what would you choose??

I`m asking because you`re the one of what? 2, 3 people on the world who actually drove this high power cars, and bearing in mind high power I mean 1800+ awhp. Just a small comaprison.

The am.s car is 100% a street car. And the parachute aren't 100% necessary

Im sorry to tell you but yes that parachute is necessary. In order to run their silly 15 Inch wheel and drag tire combination they have to remove the rear brakes and replace them with a special set of tiny ones. And because Ivan doesnt want to rely on the front brakes alone when slowing down from any speed higher than 180mph with only a couple hundred feet left he NEEDS that parachute to slow the car down every time. Lots of fun folding that thing after every run i bet haha.

And dont even get me started on talking about turning capabilities LOL.

Just accept it already you GTR fanboys. UGR builds the fastest (and best looking) street cars

I think Underground Racing should stop racing in TI until they make it fair for everybody.

Run what you brung and hope you brought enough. Nobody is holding UGR back and saying they have to keep xyz or run R888's. Calling them out for being smart and running safety equipment is lame. I do think a limited class would be cool to see, 17"+ wheels, full interiors and pump gas.

I don't know much about these cars or type of racing but most commented about the cars being street cars that's why the GTR stood out to me, the way I think about a street car, could I take my wife to a restaurant in it?

With the GTR is more like, will the valet fold my parachute after I hand him the keys.

Anyway carry on boys I enjoy the rivalry.

With the GTR is more like, will the valet fold my parachute after I hand him the keys.

LOL. Would be funny to pull up in valet and pop the chute.

No lol. No radio or anything like that.

Huracan has GPS and all so it could find the nearest gas station for onegahhh when it has to refuel its couple gallon tank every few miles lol.

Don't think onegahhh has exhaust or anything like that either.

I would be curious to remove the carpet too and look at the flooring. Maybe check the bumper frame supports and all. Lots of weight savings there....

Reducing the weight will really help that little v6 out and make it last longer too.

I wonder why they have never weighed it in public...... Hmmmmm.

So... Of course I am a member of camp UGR...

But if the above is true. There is no radio/speakers, no ac/or supporting parts, a few gallon fuel cell, supports removed, etc...

I really don't think that would qualify as a street car.

I mean, it's fast as fcuk, but its not passing inspection anywhere?

It did have the little cute video screen Hawks... that makes up for the weight right?

Mike

But if the above is true. There is no radio/speakers, no ac/or supporting parts, a few gallon fuel cell, supports removed, etc...

It did have the little cute video screen Hawks... that makes up for the weight right?

Mike

T1 GTR didn't even have radiator or coolant. Filled block and running meth......

It is great for competition though. Funny seeing customer cars race these wild ass GTRs. You got to love the GTRs though because with out them there would be no one to race but maybe Andy lol.

Mike

This argument is so FN old. NONE of the cars at TI would pass inspection in any state that does them and we all know that a proper drag radial is just as much a street tire as a R888. Also, let's not compare safety equipment . . . AO has a parachute but many of the lambos have a system built in that puts out freakin fires. We all know deep down that the lambos are much more street friendly but that none of the cars competing at 2k HP are really all that street friendly to begin with.

On top of the above, which everyone should take as gospel, TI is a RACING event with specific rule. Why would we ever even discuss the relative "streetable-ness" of different cars at a RACING event so long as that both are within the rules of the event for which they were designed. I hope to hell we can move off of this issue because it is pissing up this section of the forum.

Now excuse me while I step down from my soap box. :bleh:

This argument is so FN old. NONE of the cars at TI would pass inspection in any state that does them and we all know that a proper drag radial is just as much a street tire as a R888. Also, let's not compare safety equipment . . . AO has a parachute but many of the lambos have a system built in that puts out freakin fires. We all know deep down that the lambos are much more street friendly but that none of the cars competing at 2k HP are really all that street friendly to begin with.

On top of the above, which everyone should take as gospel, TI is a RACING event with specific rule. Why would we ever even discuss the relative "streetable-ness" of different cars at a RACING event so long as that both are within the rules of the event for which they were designed. I hope to hell we can move off of this issue because it is pissing up this section of the forum.

Now excuse me while I step down from my soap box. :bleh:

Correction... When I had to get emissions for my car I drove right into the place and passed right after TI with no changes to my car. I even had half a tank of import in my gas tank.

I couldn't get my stock r8 to pass emissions but my 2r did lmao

Correction... When I had to get emissions for my car I drove right into the place and passed right after TI with no changes to my car. I even had half a tank of import in my gas tank.

:icon_thumleft:

+1 TT R8 passed inspection in Ohio with import in the tank as well :icon_thumleft: