Buying an Aventador...anyone recently purchased?

AustinLambo

Hey guys,

Hoping to buy a Roadster over the next few months.

2014/ 15. Any colors other than black considered. I am going to take my time and do this right. I know this is a depreciating thing and that doesn't bother me. Is what it is. What is perplexing is understanding the market.

4000 have been sold since launch with at least half being sold in the US (best guess). Of the 4000 around 1200 were Roadsters.

There are nearly 100 Aventadors for sale at present based on searches using the usual sites. 20 Roadsters. $429-$500k for Roadsters. There is a Roadster for sale privately for the high $300s.

That seems like a lot of unsold used cars. As SV deliveries pick up there will probably be more pre-owned coming for sale. How long will it take the market to buy up the existing inventory of cars...months and months based on what I am seeing.

What would you guys expect the discount off asking price to be?

It's hard to say based on what options you're looking for and at what value you see that particular car is worth (buyer's perspective). If you have the patience, then the right car will come along for what you're looking for and at the price point you're looking for.

When I was selling my 2014 Roadster back in April, I listed it at $485K in the beginning and after one month, I sold it for $450K to a first time Lambo buyer.

Of course as a seller at that time, I wanted over $500K to break even, but that was unrealistic even with a VERY attractive Roadster that was fully loaded. Trying to be realistic, I started the car at $485K, lowered to $465K and no one bit at that price point. At the end, I just wanted to unload the car so I took the hit and sold it at $450K. Even at that time, I chuckled at those Roadster for sale listings with similar mileage but much less options and attractiveness were asking much higher pricing point and had been sitting for months at the dealership.

It is worth to mention, most of my buyer offers were all looking at a lesser car (in a different price level), but after seeing my Roadster, they didn't mind spending more than what they wanted to spend at that time. For example, the buyer that actually bought my Roadster, he was shopping for an older 2012 coupe around $300K-$350K then he came across my Roadster listing. He didn't want to spend another $100K at first, but seeing what he claimed "he fell in love with", he didn't mind spending the extra money to secure the purchase. To him, he was enticed by the product to spend more money (buyer's perspective) while I felt I lost more money by lowering the final selling price (seller's perspective). So you as the buyer, if you see the right car and you can justify the cost based on the product, then you can't go wrong.

It is nearly impossible to keep these purchases as black and white. So many factors plays into it from both parties (buyer and seller), season, and the car itself.

All buyers want the best car at the cheapest cost and all sellers want the most money for the car they have. It's that happy medium that drives the price point of these cars. I'm so glad I don't sell these cars for a living.

Happy hunting and Aventadors are the best supercars in the $300-400K range out there that money can buy.

Thank you for your reply.

Read it twice :)

I am going to make offers $40k off asking..maybe $50k. The cars I am interested in have been sitting. There are 3-4 that would fit the bill perfectly. If one says no I will just move on. If they all say no I will wait a few months for the market to come to me.

Looking is half the fun.

Again, thanks for your thoughtful response.

Being nosey, what did you replace your Vent with? Did you cash out or buy something else?

It's hard to say based on what options you're looking for and at what value you see that particular car is worth (buyer's perspective). If you have the patience, then the right car will come along for what you're looking for and at the price point you're looking for.

When I was selling my 2014 Roadster back in April, I listed it at $485K in the beginning and after one month, I sold it for $450K to a first time Lambo buyer.

Of course as a seller at that time, I wanted over $500K to break even, but that was unrealistic even with a VERY attractive Roadster that was fully loaded. Trying to be realistic, I started the car at $485K, lowered to $465K and no one bit at that price point. At the end, I just wanted to unload the car so I took the hit and sold it at $450K. Even at that time, I chuckled at those Roadster for sale listings with similar mileage but much less options and attractiveness were asking much higher pricing point and had been sitting for months at the dealership.

It is worth to mention, most of my buyer offers were all looking at a lesser car (in a different price level), but after seeing my Roadster, they didn't mind spending more than what they wanted to spend at that time. For example, the buyer that actually bought my Roadster, he was shopping for an older 2012 coupe around $300K-$350K then he came across my Roadster listing. He didn't want to spend another $100K at first, but seeing what he claimed "he fell in love with", he didn't mind spending the extra money to secure the purchase. To him, he was enticed by the product to spend more money (buyer's perspective) while I felt I lost more money by lowering the final selling price (seller's perspective). So you as the buyer, if you see the right car and you can justify the cost based on the product, then you can't go wrong.

It is nearly impossible to keep these purchases as black and white. So many factors plays into it from both parties (buyer and seller), season, and the car itself.

All buyers want the best car at the cheapest cost and all sellers want the most money for the car they have. It's that happy medium that drives the price point of these cars. I'm so glad I don't sell these cars for a living.

Happy hunting and Aventadors are the best supercars in the $300-400K range out there that money can buy.

• 3 weeks later...
Thank you for your reply.

Read it twice :)

I am going to make offers $40k off asking..maybe $50k. The cars I am interested in have been sitting. There are 3-4 that would fit the bill perfectly. If one says no I will just move on. If they all say no I will wait a few months for the market to come to me.

Looking is half the fun.

Again, thanks for your thoughtful response.

Being nosey, what did you replace your Vent with? Did you cash out or buy something else?

i just bought one about 3 mo ago. 2013 coupe with 1100 miles on it. coupes under warranty are going for between 360-400 i paid 395 for mine. there are some 2012s for 330-370. i shopped for 2 months and really couldn't find any low mile well optioned cars for less than 350k

i just bought one about 3 mo ago. 2013 coupe with 1100 miles on it. coupes under warranty are going for between 360-400 i paid 395 for mine. there are some 2012s for 330-370. i shopped for 2 months and really couldn't find any low mile well optioned cars for less than 350k

I just don't see 395k for a '13 couple . . . my gut says you paid over market but sounds like you were pretty diligent about your search so I am happy to be wrong.

There is SO much inventory out there that I just don't see most As trading any where near the price at which they are listed.

I just don't see 395k for a '13 couple . . . my gut says you paid over market but sounds like you were pretty diligent about your search so I am happy to be wrong.

There is SO much inventory out there that I just don't see most As trading any where near the price at which they are listed.

Originally when I sold my 09 LP640, I wanted to be around 340-360 for a very low mile 13 coupe in a premium color (VI, Balloon White atlas orange etc. I probably did pay a bit over market, but this car came with a lot of extras like 30k in receipts for carbonfiber 10k for exhaust, and an extra set of dioni wheels (no tires) Also honestly the real reason was that I was just tired of shopping and talking to rude dealers.

Most of the cars I found in the sub 350 range were 2012, higher than 5k miles, black, gray or other color i wasn't interested in, standard iperione wheels, no carbon fiber.

Of all the inventory on the market between march and may, I did not find anything lower than 320k and any of the ones under 340k had some kind of story with it.

I talked to about 5 dealers in my shopping process. (HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE i ll get into in a separate topic that I will start) and have found that they were simply not willing to negotiate much on these cars. which is strange because there ARE so many of the out there for sale. on the one I bought, it was originally listed or 409 and after pulling teeth for a week ended up buying it for 395.

Anyway, Goodluck on your hunt! I do think by this winter, prices will come down a bit! Good things comes to those who wait, they just wont have it RIGHT NOW!!!

Originally when I sold my 09 LP640, I wanted to be around 340-360 for a very low mile 13 coupe in a premium color (VI, Balloon White atlas orange etc. I probably did pay a bit over market, but this car came with a lot of extras like 30k in receipts for carbonfiber 10k for exhaust, and an extra set of dioni wheels (no tires) Also honestly the real reason was that I was just tired of shopping and talking to rude dealers.

Most of the cars I found in the sub 350 range were 2012, higher than 5k miles, black, gray or other color i wasn't interested in, standard iperione wheels, no carbon fiber.

Of all the inventory on the market between march and may, I did not find anything lower than 320k and any of the ones under 340k had some kind of story with it.

I talked to about 5 dealers in my shopping process. (HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE i ll get into in a separate topic that I will start) and have found that they were simply not willing to negotiate much on these cars. which is strange because there ARE so many of the out there for sale. on the one I bought, it was originally listed or 409 and after pulling teeth for a week ended up buying it for 395.

Anyway, Goodluck on your hunt! I do think by this winter, prices will come down a bit! Good things comes to those who wait, they just wont have it RIGHT NOW!!!

Did you buy your car from Gold Coast? If so, nice really nice ride with some great upgrades!!

Did you buy your car from Gold Coast? If so, nice really nice ride with some great upgrades!!

Yeah I did! i wrapped the top and replaced the justin bieber aftermarket wheels.

IMG_0643.jpeg

IMG_6377.jpeg

IMG_2981.PNG

IMG_2982.PNG

Just out of curiosity, what do the justin beiber wheels look like?

before the wrap and dioni wheels

IMG_8726.jpeg

IMG_8704.jpeg

Grats on the purchase. The previous wheels looked terrible. Car looks great now.

The Beiber wheels actually looked much better in person, as when I first saw them in pictures, I said the exact same thing. The Diones are 1000x better of course and really set off the black accents on the car. Car looks amazing inside and out!!

Looks incredible! The black wrap on the bottom really accentuates the width of the rear. So sick.