Brake Caliper rebuild 91 Diablo

CCIE

All,

Has anyone gotten there Diablo brake calipers rebuilt? If so from who? Was it expansive? What is involved? Has anyone done it them self?

What Brembo part number are they and what size are the pistons?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated

Thanks

CCIE

I have not got my stock 92 calipers rebuilt, but I can tell you that if yours are stock 91 calipers, they will be made by ATE not Brembo.

All,

Has anyone gotten there Diablo brake calipers rebuilt? If so from who? Was it expansive? What is involved? Has anyone done it them self?

What Brembo part number are they and what size are the pistons?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated

Thanks

CCIE

I have not got my stock 92 calipers rebuilt, but I can tell you that if yours are stock 91 calipers, they will be made by ATE not Brembo.

Hmm, I'm pretty sure my 91 calipers are stock and they say Brembo unless I'm having a huge memory lapse. Are you sure about that?

Hmm, I'm pretty sure my 91 calipers are stock and they say Brembo unless I'm having a huge memory lapse. Are you sure about that?

Even on my '93, the brake calipers were still being made by ATE. Only the emergency brake calipers were made by Brembo.

I definitely could be wrong as it's been a while since I looked. I'll see if I have any pics on my phone

EDIT: I can't find pics so I must be wrong. Curious what anyone finds or if there is a direct replacement option without having to do a full kit.

• 2 weeks later...
Even on my '93, the brake calipers were still being made by ATE. Only the emergency brake calipers were made by Brembo.

I thought that the 91/92 were ATE. Since you have ATE, maybe all the pre-VT cars are ATE and VT/SV/6.0 are Brembo.

I am checking with an eBay vendor on possibilities of Brembo kit group buys. I will post up once I hear something. Also, I had thought in the past someone had said Movit may be a cheaper option, however, I checked with them yesterday and their steel full kit is $13k roughly compared to $7300 for Brembo. He did explain the differences and the justification for the price difference but still pricey. For the true ballers, they do have a ceramic kit that is roughly $23k. Would be badass but too rich for my blood. I'm considering doing just the front maybe over the winter.

Edit: I also contacted wilwood. They even have ceramics so I'll see if they are willing to do anything and maybe volunteer to send parts to them over the winter.

• 2 weeks later...

Chipster - I recently completed the Brembo upgrade on my '91, I was able to buy the entire kit much less than the advertised price. I bought my kit through MVP Motorsports. I was impressed with the quality and overall fitment. The new brakes bring car down from speed very nicely. Bleeding the system was cake, no show stoppers (pardon the pun!) on this install.

A quick pic of the rear:

411224555.jpg

If you have any questions let me know.