Dad shoots down drone hovering over sunbathing daughter

RM-S8

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I fly an Inspire 1 with a micro 4/3 camera on a regular basis. Large birds love to mess with it! Hawks, buzzards, etc are always circling it or diving at it.

As for the countermeasures mentioned earlier in the thread, it would be pretty difficult to physically stop a drone if it's at 200 feet. You might get lucky with a shotgun or rifle if it is hovering in place or flying slowly. The most effective countermeasures would be RF interference in my opinion. I think that's what secure sites will start to do. If you can find my controller frequency, you can probably jam it, or maybe even take control of the aircraft.

So far, I haven't had any problems with flights causing conflict with other people and I have flown in 10+ states within the last 8-10 months. There's a lot of hype about this but, like active shooters, the occurrence rate is much lower than you'd think based on the attention it receives.