Very quick review

FEVIPER

Got the SV in this weekend. This not a review but I wanted to give everyone a little info.

First of all, this car is the shit :) It is so much better than a normal Aventador. Steering, power delivery, just over all better. Best way to describe is it is a much more capable car.

Now for the reason of the post.....There has been a lot of discussion about the seats. The race seats are VERY much race seats. They are one piece and the only adjustment is forward and backwards, no recline. It is also much harder to get in and out of the car because the bolsters stick out so much and there is no recline position.

I am 39yrs old and 5-10 185lbs. So I am a young average size guy and it is too much for me. I will be getting different seats. If possible, I strongly recommend going with the other seat unless you plan on racing the car a lot.

I will give a full review once I finish with break in miles.

I have been going back and forth with the race seats. They are very much race seats and are stiff, high and difficult to get in and out of. It still makes the car for me. Will be driving several hundred miles next week to Monterey and back so will be able to complain more when I spend hours in them.

FEVIPER: Tell me what you think about the exhaust? It seemed underwhelming to me unless you drove the car very aggressively in Manual mode ,but I have been driving in Sport and Corsa Auto and find that it wakes up with burbles, crackles and lots of noise.

Kodak moments.

On the seats - the driving position at 6 2 215 works but see / feel where the design could feel restricting. The comfort seat would raise drivers position and I barely had enough head room as it was in the race seat.

MP4 suffered from their electric seats - seating position was too high.

Carrera GT - factory provided an extra seat cushion standard set up 5 8" - 5 - 11" all I have to do is swap out the longer cushion that supports the back of my legs

Ferrari F12 - race seat offers an electric lifter add 2400.00

Perhaps look into a new bottom cushion only to take care of the low bolster issue and a seat lifter guessing Ferrari buys them for under 500.00

Lamborghini factory should offer some alternatives to adjust the race seat like the others who experienced the same issue.

Enjoy!

Got the SV in this weekend. This not a review but I wanted to give everyone a little info.

[...]

I will give a full review once I finish with break in miles.

[/quote

First, thank you for posting - this is very helpful information!

Now, your reward is of course more questions :) two in particular however:

1: Are the seats comfortable once you are in, and it's just ingress/egress which is difficult?

2: As the SV's suspension is stiffer, does having thinly-bolstered seats make it too stiff, or is the suspension + seats acceptable for street driving?

Thanks in advance.

I have been going back and forth with the race seats. They are very much race seats and are stiff, high and difficult to get in and out of. It still makes the car for me. Will be driving several hundred miles next week to Monterey and back so will be able to complain more when I spend hours in them.

FEVIPER: Tell me what you think about the exhaust? It seemed underwhelming to me unless you drove the car very aggressively in Manual mode ,but I have been driving in Sport and Corsa Auto and find that it wakes up with burbles, crackles and lots of noise.

I had a Powercraft installed on my last two Aventadors so it is extremely underwhelming :) To me the sound needs unlocked but I don't think I will go as aggressive this time around.

Treynor..

1. Unfortunately for me no. And its not the fact that it is just Carbon Fiber with thin padding. I have a racing seat in my UGR Gallardo that is very similar but has a slight recline position to it and it is comfortable.

These seats put you in a very upright "proper racing position" is the best way I can describe it. Which is good if you are going to race most of the time, but after about 20 mins I would love to recline it back and be comfortable. I also notice it is very tight around the shoulder are and hip area. This is going to suck for guys larger than I am.

2. The suspension is stiff, but it is a good stiff. I love it and am confident you will too. It feels so much better than previous models. I have just got 100 miles on the car right now and it is killing me not to push it because you can tell that it is a very sorted car.

If I could sum up my thoughts on the SV, it would be that Lamborghini is getting serious about performance. I am a die hard Lambo fan but lets face it, it has never been that good of an all around performer IMO. It wasn't meant to be, it was a mind blowing exotic that gave an awesome experience to the owner. When I purchased my first Aventador (12 model) I remember an awkwardness about it. When I sold it and bought my 15 roadster I expected an improvement and there wasn't much of one. I didn't love the car any less, it just had things about it that I expected to be better.

The SV however is not awkward, it is a nimble and capable car. It is sorted, and you race car guys can appreciate what I mean by that.

Lamborghini has always been the beautiful model of the car world.........The Christie Brinkley if you will.

Well, the SV is the Ronda Rousey :icon_thumleft: Still hot, but now can kick some ass!

DAMN!

:icon_super: :icon_super: :icon_super:

So glad you posted this! I was really second guessing my decision for comfort seat and was thinking of ordering sport seat in my Roadster! If your not comfortable My fat ass will definitely not be comfortable!

Thank you!!!