Aventador (SV) Super Veloce Pictures

TeamSalamone

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cake has talked about it before. Its a clear wrap so that your windshield doesn't take all the nicks and marks from the road debris coming up and hitting it. I believe she used it for her cars she tracks alot.

thanks again guys and thanks for all the SV tips :)

from what I understand anodizing the center locks will not scratch, chip etc..

the guy doing it said he cant match exactly but it will be close.

on the roofs, can I wrap them and keep the matte carbon finish? I assume the satin clear will work but I don't want to lose the detail in the weave. maybe ill just have to go gloss..

side note, the stock exhaust is driving me crazy. has anyone heard when the factory will release the new mapping for the race exhaust??

thanks again guys and thanks for all the SV tips :)

from what I understand anodizing the center locks will not scratch, chip etc..

the guy doing it said he cant match exactly but it will be close.

on the roofs, can I wrap them and keep the matte carbon finish? I assume the satin clear will work but I don't want to lose the detail in the weave. maybe ill just have to go gloss..

side note, the stock exhaust is driving me crazy. has anyone heard when the factory will release the new mapping for the race exhaust??

The factory race exhaust is an absolute must have, it sounds like nothing else you have ever heard before. You can run it without the software, the main job of the software is to control emissions and idling issues which some people have eperienced. I personally did not have any idling issues when I ran the car for a few days without the software. My car is MY16, I had no issues getting the software. From discussions with my guys they mentioned that the software for MY17 cars will be available in Q1 of 2017.

Personally I would just install the exhaust, you will however loose the ability to make it quiet as there are no valves. I garuantte you will never look back.... just do it !!!

PS. The recommended factory install time is 4 hours, but let your dealer take their time. Mine was done in about 6 hours. The exhaust will also smoke a bit and smell the first time you start the car, don't worry as it's just the wax that they put on it burning off.

Unplugging the vacuum line makes the stock exhaust sound almost 100% like the race exhaust.

Save major $$$.

Same but very very different...

- 20kg lighter

- Deeper sound

- Improved performance

- Bettter looks

If none of these are important to you don't spend the $15k. I have the sound upgrade and the race exhaust on my car, the sound upgrade is useless with the race exhaust though as there are no valves, in fact I think I might have even been removed when the race exhaust software was installed.

So you have 3 choices

1. Genuine race exhaust or other aftermarket exhaust - 15k

2. Sports upgrade software - 2k

3. Pull the vacuum hose out to keep the valves in an open position - Free

I chose option 1.... the most expensive but the best...

Cake has talked about it before. Its a clear wrap so that your windshield doesn't take all the nicks and marks from the road debris coming up and hitting it. I believe she used it for her cars she tracks alot.

ClearPlex

Yes it's clearplex

The install on the Lambo was quite good and it stayed on for a year. We removed it because we were done tracking it, and there was a bit of distortion at the bottom that was annoying. It wasn't in direct line of view.

My GT4 had two installations. First film was defective enough it was removed before I saw it (they knew I would reject). Second time was better but still two imperfections in line of sight.

We didn't put it on the yellow GT4 - that car does not go to the track.

I'm glad I accepted second installation because after one track day I had nicks in the film - so it doesn't stay "perfect" very long. It now has several "road/track" induced imperfections. Also I washed the windshield and apparently had a tiny bit of grit in my squeegee and the film now has scratches. Not terrible - but with sun at the perfect angle I see them.

I know several folks who have gotten clearplex. It would seem they have some QC issues because it is defective a high % of the time according to two local installers. I don't know what other options are out there.

Ultimately it protects the windshield. If you live in an area with lots of road debris, or you track the car - I'd say it's worth it as long as you can find a good installer. Just like any film application - you are buying the installer as much as the product.

Same but very very different...

- 20kg lighter

- Deeper sound

- Improved performance

- Bettter looks

If none of these are important to you don't spend the $15k. I have the sound upgrade and the race exhaust on my car, the sound upgrade is useless with the race exhaust though as there are no valves, in fact I think I might have even been removed when the race exhaust software was installed.

So you have 3 choices

1. Genuine race exhaust or other aftermarket exhaust - 15k

2. Sports upgrade software - 2k

3. Pull the vacuum hose out to keep the valves in an open position - Free

I chose option 1.... the most expensive but the best...

i went with option 1 on my 16 SV and I'm doing the same on my 17. i have the exhaust but waiting on the map.. i heard november but nothing yet.

i went with option 1 on my 16 SV and I'm doing the same on my 17. i have the exhaust but waiting on the map.. i heard november but nothing yet.

Good call. No matter what ppl say the sports exhaust is so much deeper and spits and crackles much much more. It's by far the best option on the market. I have 2 Aventadors (with a third coming) and it's like chalk and cheese the SV with the race exhaust is like no other, just an insane car.

the SV/SVR is hands down the best looking car I have ever seen under a mil.

I hate to sound bias but this car especially in a roadster is just so awesome to look at every angle IMO

the SV/SVR is hands down the best looking car I have ever seen under a mil.

I hate to sound bias but this car especially in a roadster is just so awesome to look at every angle IMO

Couldn't agree with you more. The car is absolutely stunning.

all set for toy rally Saturday!

post-2228-1481219262.jpg

Jesus Christ that looks good!

Best one yet IMO. All the little details really pull it together.

Tire lettering in two tone :icon_super:

That looks FABULOUS!! Congrats and enjoy in good health. Looking forward to the pro shoot photos!!

Luv luv luv the color and wheels!! :wub: :wub: :wub: