Cayman GT4

cake

Cake that looks fantastic, enjoy it in the best of health!

On break in, my dealer said its not required, apparently the motors are bench run, either way I don't believe in brake ins, I can not help myself :icon_mrgreen:

Thanks Fortis!

Break in definitely is a hotly debated topic. Last year at Indy a guy in the next garage had his sapphire blue GT4 delivered the day before at the track. Zero break in! I am more comfortable following the protocol. But I know many people who say Porsche is overly conservative in their recommendation.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was specced by the guy who ordered it originally, it's metallic blue, carbon buckets, roll cage, carbon brakes.

It should look pretty cool.

post-7524-1456492221_thumb.jpg

post-7524-1456492233.jpeg

love this car! are the seats comfy? (for buckets)

love this car! are the seats comfy? (for buckets)

Yes, to me, the buckets are very comfortable, love the car but haven't touched it in more than a month, no time 😥

I went for the Spyder as my second "lower profile" car :icon_mrgreen:

Amazingly great driver!!

Great looking car. I have to say I actually think the Boxster Spyder has far more presence than the GT4 in the flesh. Congratulations.

I think the GT4 is the lambo owner's preferredpost-22983-1466897519_thumb.jpg Porsche ride!

OMG that really shows how wide the Aventador is.

No GT4 but my wife's GTS is finally in.
Congrats! How are you enjoying it so far? Looks great! Enjoy in the best of health!

I think the GT4 is the lambo owner's preferred Porsche ride!
Hi "C" - hope you and "C" are doing well! Congrats on the GT4. Nice addition. Wishing you many miles of enjoyment in the very best of health!!

I went for the Spyder as my second "lower profile" car :icon_mrgreen:

Amazingly great driver!!

LOVE your color combo. That red interior is killer!! Congrats and enjoy!!

Has Cake posted a track review of the GT4? I was reading earlier posts up until my kids took my phone from me and demanded I play chutes and ladders. I emerged victorious of course but have lost my place in the threads lol!

Has Cake posted a track review of the GT4?
Not yet. Still recovering from concussion which happened 5 days after the car delivered.

I was a passenger in my employers training car which was rear ended by a pick up truck. The pick up driver was on a suspended license from a DUI according to the officer. It explains why he was so anxious to leave before the police arrived.

I hope to get on the track late this season but at this point have no idea when I'll be ready. My main concern is getting back to 100%. The car and the track will be there when I'm ready.

I'm finally seeing progress in my recovery but it's been very slow.

Congrats on the chutes/ladders victory!!!

Cake I wish you a speedy recovery. We need feedback from a pro :icon_thumleft:

Sorry to hear about the accident Cake. I wish you a speedy and full recovery.

Sorry to learn of your unfortunate incident Cake, wishing you a speedy recovery.
Thanks guys. I really appreciate the good wishes.

My doctors and therapists say I should make a full recovery. I just wish it was faster. I'm grateful it wasn't worse!

I'm also really lucky that my husband has been wonderful and is doing a great job taking care of me and driving me everywhere (which seem to be doctor and therapy appointments). Good thing he is retired. Recovery is almost a full time job (or at least it feels that way at times). I am finally seeing some improvement!

Fortis - thanks for "promoting" me to PRO! I'll take it :icon_thumleft:

Congrats! How are you enjoying it so far? Looks great! Enjoy in the best of health!

Hi "C" - hope you and "C" are doing well! Congrats on the GT4. Nice addition. Wishing you many miles of enjoyment in the very best of health!!

LOVE your color combo. That red interior is killer!! Congrats and enjoy!!

Hey Cake

Sorry to hear about your accident, hope for a speedy recovery!!

An interior shot to help lift your spirits :icon_thumleft:

Hey Cake

Sorry to hear about your accident, hope for a speedy recovery!!

An interior shot to help lift your spirits :icon_thumleft:

Thank you! Stunning!

Met a Turbo S owner with Basalt black exterior and the same red interior. Wow - in person it's spectacular! I tried not to drool all over it :monkeyleft:

LOVE the car. It is like a go-kart. My usual rides are a panamera, escalade ESV, or GTR with a wide body kit so it is tiny compared to what I am used to now. If selling my GTR wouldn't be such a pain I could see me getting a new 718 until next gen GT3 comes out.

I need to hurry up and get the break in done so I can go above 4K rpm.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm FINALLY cleared to drive (on the street). Getting my "sea legs" back slowly. It's very odd to start driving after being away from it for 3+ months!

I'm feeling improved. Not 100% but definitely better than a month ago. I honestly don't know if I'll get on track this season. I'm hoping for mid-Sept but I'll have to wait and see. There is also an event in October - so maybe that'll work. But I'm not going to push it and if I have to wait till next year.....so be it.

In the mean time I'm thoroughly enjoying the car, and can't wait until I get to into some higher RPM's. Keeping under 4000 RPMs (for now) is torture!

We were at a friend's house helping him prep his GT3 for track and the skies opened up!

Completely off topic but I saw a very cool Volvo V60 Polestar wagon while at P.T.

IMG_8223.jpg

IMG_8230.jpg

IMG_8213.jpg

IMG_8203.jpg

Looks fantastic Cake, that was my color choice if I didn't have to buy the pre existing order.

Looking forward to your review after you get to open it up. For me the car absolutely shines on the track.

I'm FINALLY cleared to drive (on the street). Getting my "sea legs" back slowly. It's very odd to start driving after being away from it for 3+ months!

I'm feeling improved. Not 100% but definitely better than a month ago. I honestly don't know if I'll get on track this season. I'm hoping for mid-Sept but I'll have to wait and see. There is also an event in October - so maybe that'll work. But I'm not going to push it and if I have to wait till next year.....so be it.

In the mean time I'm thoroughly enjoying the car, and can't wait until I get to into some higher RPM's. Keeping under 4000 RPMs (for now) is torture!

We were at a friend's house helping him prep his GT3 for track and the skies opened up!

Completely off topic but I saw a very cool Volvo V60 Polestar wagon while at P.T.

post-40655-1470108622_thumb.jpg

post-40655-1470108640_thumb.jpg

post-40655-1470108662_thumb.jpg

post-40655-1470108680_thumb.jpg

love your car! also a special thank you for all of your Porsche help and tips! :)

Looks fantastic Cake, that was my color choice if I didn't have to buy the pre existing order.

Looking forward to your review after you get to open it up. For me the car absolutely shines on the track.

Glad you are enjoying the car on and off the track!

love your car! also a special thank you for all of your Porsche help and tips! :)
Thanks! Always my pleasure to help! Enjoy!