cake

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gorgeous!! Stunning photography.

Will you track it?

Mine is also Agate Gray. Production has been moved up and delivery went from May 20 to April 29!!

Gorgeous!! Stunning photography.

Will you track it?

Mine is also Agate Gray. Production has been moved up and delivery went from May 20 to April 29!!

Thanks all.

I know the suspense waiting for a new toy like this. Truly nice car to drive.

I will try to get it to VIR in the coming months but I don't want to kill the thing.

Congrats on your new GT when it gets there and good luck with it.

How did you spec yours?

It was specced by the guy who ordered it originally, it's metallic blue, carbon buckets, roll cage, carbon brakes.

It should look pretty cool.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Best GT4 pictures ever. Just traded 14 Cayman S for a 16 GTS.

Waiting for my wife's (track car) 16 GTS to be built, supposedly I got one of the last allocations for the 16 GTS.

Waiting for my wife's (track car) 16 GTS to be built, supposedly I got one of the last allocations for the 16 GTS.
A good friend just took delivery of 16 GTS. His wife's summer DD and track car (she does 2-3 events / year).

Like Fortis' the color is Sapphire Blue but with steel brakes. Clubsport package is not available in the U.S. For (supposedly) liability reasons, which is a real shame cause I would LOVE the clubsport pkg with OEM cage. But there are plenty of aftermarket cages. I'm going with Cantrell but also considered BGB Motorsports (a close second).

A good friend just took delivery of 16 GTS. His wife's summer DD and track car (she does 2-3 events / year).

Like Fortis' the color is Sapphire Blue but with steel brakes. Clubsport package is not available in the U.S. For (supposedly) liability reasons, which is a real shame cause I would LOVE the clubsport pkg with OEM cage. But there are plenty of aftermarket cages. I'm going with Cantrell but also considered BGB Motorsports (a close second).

Yes, so wishing clubsport package was available in the U.S. it would have been a done deal (at least I added fire extinguisher as an option on my build). I want to run harness in it for the track but I don't want to put aftermarket seats in it. I worry about airbag sensors not going off on the street if something happens as the car will be 80% street. I have that issue in my GTR right now. Maybe someday I will find a pair of OEM LWBs to put in it then I can proceed with harness bar and what not, but I think that might be a dream.

We did the carmine red and black wheels. Just about all the options including PCCBs, I will change rotors to iron on day one but I wanted the factory 6 piston rotors up front. Didn't want to go aftermarket cause it is my wifes car, trying to stay as OEM as I can on this one (cause my GTR is about as far away from OEM as you can get...).

Just saw one on Yas Leisure Drive head to Yas Marina Circuit for open track nicght. Wife and I were in the S8 on a date...we had fun for a few stoplights. ;)

Just saw one on Yas Leisure Drive head to Yas Marina Circuit for open track nicght. Wife and I were in the S8 on a date...we had fun for a few stoplights. ;)
Open track night at Yas Marina Circuit??? Now THAT would be fun!

I just sent you an email a little while ago :)

Cheers!

Wow, just the thoughts of an open track night at Yas Marina....

Can I perhaps order the clubsport cage here and send it over to you guys? Do you want me to ask?

It was specced by the guy who ordered it originally, it's metallic blue, carbon buckets, roll cage, carbon brakes.

It should look pretty cool.

well congratulations on being able to pick up a slot :D

• 1 month later...
Can I perhaps order the clubsport cage here and send it over to you guys? Do you want me to ask?
Very kind of you Fortis to offer. Even if I wanted to bear the ridiculous expense to buy the OEM cage and have it shipped - the Euro spec cars have attachment plates for welding the cage. The U.S. spec cars do not have these attachment plates - so it would be a massive undertaking to retrofit the car to properly weld in the Clubsport cage.

I've ordered a Cantrell "half" cage in red powdercoat.

Oh, and by the way....my car arrived at the dealer today! Agate Gray. LWB seats. Steel brakes (red caliper).

There is a laundry list of things to be done before I pick it up next week. Got to sit in it for awhile (and start the bonding process :wub:

More pics forthcoming once it's home. This process began in Feb 2015 when I put my name on the list (as number 7). I got the build slot

Nov. 13, and here it is five short months later!

My only regret is not being able to get paint to sample but I wasn't even close - that door close well before I got my build slot. But I can always wrap it in a fun color if I want a change. Right now I'm loving the gray.

I took a photo of the dash which will never look like that again. Porsche puts a limiter on speed at 20 mph until the dealer "unlocks" it during prep. No one can abuse the car before it's handed over to me!

IMG_7598.JPG

IMG_7610.JPG

I'll also mention that the yellow one pictured in the first post ended up in our garage. Hubby bought it when he thought I didn't have a chance at getting one - but then promptly fell in love with it.

We'll keep the racing yellow car which has comfort seats (accommodate his very bad back), and the gray car will be for the track and for whatever excuse I come up with to drive it!

I plan to break it in with no short cuts per Porsche's recommendation - but I expect 2000 miles will go fairly quickly. First scheduled track event is Watkins Glen Memorial Day and possibly an event at PittRace the week before. I'll be at Mid-OH mid-May but am not registered to drive because I didn't expect the car to be ready this quickly.

Cake that looks fantastic, enjoy it in the best of health!

On break in, my dealer said its not required, apparently the motors are bench run, either way I don't believe in brake ins, I can not help myself :icon_mrgreen: