ford GT track video

g-force

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks guys. I spent a lot of time looking at Fortis' SV convincing myself that the blue crew was the way to go!

34842381670_cc95ecbdfb_b.jpg

I know we talked about this, I am so glad you went for it, it looks insane :monkeyleft:

I know we talked about this, I am so glad you went for it, it looks insane :monkeyleft:

Thank you! Your car was definitely an inspiration! I came back to it over and over!

Congrats DBK - fantastic color choice!

Nice to see 5 lugs on the wheels. Practical in so many ways. Was this an option? If yes - what is considered standard?

Were the wheels an option (the color and spoke design)? How many wheel choices?

Looking forward to hearing more once you get some time with it!

Congrats DBK - fantastic color choice!

Nice to see 5 lugs on the wheels. Practical in so many ways. Was this an option? If yes - what is considered standard?

Were the wheels an option (the color and spoke design)? How many wheel choices?

Looking forward to hearing more once you get some time with it!

Thanks!

The only option re: lugs was standard or titanium. I chose the titanium. The Ford guys were set on 5 lugs vs. center-lock because they were more practical and lighter for a road car.

There were two wheels, a base forged BBS wheel available in 3 finishes or the wheel on my car which is carbon fiber, available in either matte or gloss.

35246030755_6224effe42_b.jpg

35246043955_1fe116fd65_b.jpg

34401879354_6fe08f71e1_b.jpg

34401883324_497a895dc4_b.jpg

35206510706_e55bf36ca4_b.jpg

34859491460_2a83310814_b.jpg

35206509186_cf191f7694_b.jpg

35206507536_c2f7195277_b.jpg

34859487430_19aaa52853_b.jpg

34859486570_734a35be27_b.jpg

34859489350_12fee9111f_b.jpg

Please ignore temporary xPel track tape...

35207183426_51c34b8ba3_b.jpg

35207182856_a2e0ea42ae_b.jpg

35207182186_04ecfda20a_b.jpg

Now THAT is a purpose built vehicle. Color is ridiculous, best one so far. Color match the calipers, body color the side markers and smoke the tail lights and rear reflectors. Car is insane, take care of that one!

Dave, that thing is amazing. Congrats on getting one at all but especially such an early car.

Thanks Chad!

Now THAT is a purpose built vehicle. Color is ridiculous, best one so far. Color match the calipers, body color the side markers and smoke the tail lights and rear reflectors. Car is insane, take care of that one!

I thought about color matching the calipers later. They only offer standard Brembo finishes (Silver, Red, Blue, Black, Orange).

Congrats! That looks amazing! Love all the carbon.

What's your impression so far?

Thanks. Riviera Blue in particular seems to make carbon really standout.

The car is really interesting to drive. It's pretty savage compared to everything else on the market. I don't want to say it's too brutal for the public like some of the reviewers were playing up, but like this is definitely not a tool-around/could-be-a-DD type car. It's got a lot of mechanical noise, it's loud inside, the fans are like Harrier-takeoff loud when it's hot. They have this alcantara NVH panel that goes behind the seats to quiet it down but I hate that covering the carbon so I took that shit out, and it's even louder, and even hotter. But I don't care. It's a really dramatic driving experience. Why else do people buy cars like this? I feel like a lot of us are jaded by all these super capable and competent cars that you get out of and think "who gives a shit?" GT is just shitty enough for regular use to be super amazing. :lol:

I have to say I'm in love with the powertrain. It's really ferocious. Haven't hammered it hard but it really has a tremendous sense of urgency and is a torque monster. I was lukewarm on the engine idea for a long time but this thing just feels like it's only happy going 200 mph, and it has a really nasty race car bark. Overall the car has the size and presence of an Aventador SV, the speed of a 675LT, and the chassis of a GTE race car. Modern day F40.

I'd do some nasty things for one! You are very lucky DBK!

Thank you! We both are!

DBK, what do you like about the older GT versus the new one?

They are just totally different cars. The old GT is a very comfortable car. It's still very capable but everything it does it does in a very relaxed manner. I've got 30,000 miles on mine and have taken several trips that see 500+ miles in a day, and you're fresh getting out at the end of the day. I do not envision the new car will be an awesome road trip car, and that is if you could store more than a thong and a toothbrush. And of course it has a really nice manual transmission and the traditional V8. I also think it still looks like they could sell it as a new car today. Part of the reason I prefer the 06 GT to most cars on sale today is that it's fun to drive at any time, because even if you're not hammering it, it's comfortable, fun to shift, sounds good, and is still really fast.

The old GT will end up being much, much, much cheaper to own as well. I've replaced the front splitter on the 06 a few times; it's like $150. I could easily see the front splitter on the new car being well into the thousands. And the old car is bulletproof. It's very simple mechanically; few things to go wrong and what does go wrong can be fixed by many people. The new car is such a complicated spaceship with so much in common with the race car that I can foresee it having a very high cost to keep it up and running long term. I've seen the car split in half for service. Good luck with that.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think there is a single thing you could have spec'd differently that would improve the look, it is perfect. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks guys. One more set and I swear I'm done.

The front angle on this thing is so crazy.

619de85fb11d720b2e11a2c25d38fd21.jpg

094da1d44d6788454690cb67fb5780c9.jpg

7275ca858a92e08dde6877dca73b570e.jpg

2c6b9ca80bfc255f386a529936ccc011.jpg

bfbe0eb0aac536e01626674cd7bb840d.jpg

dd91ac551f638816513ae0c96090d15d.jpg

d9435c789ac6fc6993d7151025080d47.jpg