Shoes for Gallardos

ToofDoc

For Gallardos, do you like Michelin PSS or Pirelli PZero better?

I've heard some say PSS is superior than PZero?! True?

PSS are better. Good luck finding a seat of rears though.

Tire Rack has been sold out forever, I scored a set from TireBuyer.com not too long ago but they are sold out too now.

PSS are better.

That's great! The car that I'm getting has a brand new set of PSS on it. I wasn't sure if they were better than PZeros or not? They're much cheaper than PZeros.

That's great! The car that I'm getting has a brand new set of PSS on it. I wasn't sure if they were better than PZeros or not? They're much cheaper than PZeros.

What are you getting??

What are you getting??

Found a transition car that I have a complete weakness for! So back in with a G for now until my SVR comes next year!

Pics to come!

+1???

PSS are definitely better.

That's great to hear. I know if anyone would know, it would be you! I never had them so I'm excited to feel how they ride.

Interesting topic, are you comparing corsas to ps2 or the normal p zero?

What are ps2 like in the wet vs p zero?

PSS vs normal PZeros

I never had PZero Corsas on any of my Bulls since those never came with the original OEM set up for my Bulls.

I visited the Michelin's website to learn more about the PSS, quite informative. I was just skeptical when this Lambo dealer informed me that they had recently replaced all four new tires with PSS on this G I wanted instead of the original PZeros? The salesman stated that PSS are better and they don't wear as fast as PZeros. I'm now glad to learn these PSS are indeed better than the original PZeros!

> I never had PZero Corsas on any of my Bulls

You are missing out then. Big time.

Having spent more than 6 years and 90k miles

with my 08 SL on countless sets of Corsas, I'm

gonna sum it up like this: I do hope Pirelli does

manufacture them for a very long time to come.

By contrast, after nearly a year of MPSS on my

RX-8, I continue to be underwhelmed by them.

They don't suck... but they don't impress either.

Shrug.

Different people, different experiences.

> I never had PZero Corsas on any of my Bulls

You are missing out then. Big time.

Having spent more than 6 years and 90k miles

with my 08 SL on countless sets of Corsas, I'm

gonna sum it up like this: I do hope Pirelli does

manufacture them for a very long time to come.

By contrast, after nearly a year of MPSS on my

RX-8, I continue to be underwhelmed by them.

They don't suck... but they don't impress either.

Shrug.

Different people, different experiences.

I may be missing out!

I may not keep this G I just bought when my SVR comes, but if I do, I'll need to try the PZero Corsas after my PSS wears off.

Interesting topic, are you comparing corsas to ps2 or the normal p zero?

What are ps2 like in the wet vs p zero?

My experience when my LP560 was oem is that the Michelin PSS is a very good tyre.

good wearing ability and excellent in the wet:)

With tt power, still ok but at max power the R888's are the way to go as the MPSS spin too easily.

R888's are a little 'exciting' in the wet and nowhere near as capable as the MPSS.

I also run MPSS on the RS6, the best tyre I have run on the RS6, but the RS6 is underpowered compared to the LP560TT ;)

cheers,

john

• 4 weeks later...

I was looking for PSS for my Aston Martin and nobody had them, come to find out from a friend who works for GM on the corvette side, that they are having issues with the tires so they are on a national hold.

I used R888's on my Lotus before going to full slicks and love bed them and currently have Yokohama Neova Advan tires on the Aston that are impressive since no PSS were available.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I may be missing out!

I may not keep this G I just bought when my SVR comes, but if I do, I'll need to try the PZero Corsas after my PSS wears off.

LOL, they last like 20k miles of street use. Don;t think you will make it!

• 2 weeks later...
LOL, they last like 20k miles of street use. Don;t think you will make it!

Yeah, I don't think my MPSSs will wear that fast. I like them so far. Grabs the road and less skipping on cold weather roads.

PSS vs normal PZeros

I never had PZero Corsas on any of my Bulls since those never came with the original OEM set up for my Bulls.

I visited the Michelin's website to learn more about the PSS, quite informative. I was just skeptical when this Lambo dealer informed me that they had recently replaced all four new tires with PSS on this G I wanted instead of the original PZeros? The salesman stated that PSS are better and they don't wear as fast as PZeros. I'm now glad to learn these PSS are indeed better than the original PZeros!

The SL came standard with Corsas. My SL has them, they are very sticky. I don't have a problem with them. I had Michelin PS2 on my Carrera mileage is great, handling not as much. They are just a harder rubber. I also put PS Cups on my Carrera. A very fun tire, but again the mileage just isn't there. PS2 went 15,000 including some track time, Cups about 5,000 no track time. Corsas are a 5,000 mile tire. I'm back to PS2 on my Carrera now.

• 2 weeks later...
I always run Potenza S04 on my G. No complaints and readily available.

Just ordered a set of them, gave up waiting for the Michelin PSS...been backordered forever.

They're cheap enough who cares how long they last.