Bentley Bentayga

Tara

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm definitely buying one.

It's ugly as sin, but everything else is exactly what I am after.

Out in the country where my kids are, I regularly do 200kph+ per hr commuting on the perfectly smooth, zero traffic, wide country roads, clocking 30,000km/year (radar detectors and jammers are legal). But then I need it to drive on the dirt road to the horse stables or any other off road stupid sh1t the kids want to do.

All the while having the performance to satisfy me and the interior luxuries that I can't find in a RangeRover (it doesn't make me feel special, while a Bentley interior is SPECIAL).

4 seats suits me perfect as I have 2 kids and the separate seats cocoon them from each other. Makes life much easier. The 2 separate lounge seats in the LS600hL have been a God send with them.

So I can't wait for it to get here.

Nice Q7 :icon_mrgreen:

Speaking of Q7, I test drove the new one, I have one coming for my wife, the new car is incredible, I love it, I can't wait to get ours.

• 7 months later...

Were used as support vehicles on the Lambo tour i just went on, thought I would like it but its ugly outside and miniature inside for a big car, finish is good but it doesn't seem to fit with the car like they took a luxury interior from something else and just dropped it in it with no thought about how it would work or look.

Maybe the later gen speed, etc will look better and be a bit more aggressive, apparently it drives really well though.

Sorry but it's a Q7 dipped in platinum and aimed specifically for the nouveau-riche in uprising countries and, perhaps, diehard Bentley fans and loyalists. Seems like the correct marketing strategy for VAG though.

Sorry but it's a Q7 dipped in platinum and aimed specifically for the nouveau-riche in uprising countries and, perhaps, diehard Bentley fans and loyalists. Seems like the correct marketing strategy for VAG though.

nouveau very rich I guess because they are asking $600k + for them locally :lol2:

I was thinking if they come in at double Q7 pricing they might sell a few but at 4 to 6 times the price it isn't going to happen.

nouveau very rich I guess because they are asking $600k + for them locally :lol2:

I was thinking if they come in at double Q7 pricing they might sell a few but at 4 to 6 times the price it isn't going to happen.

Hence I said dipped in platinum instead of gold. :icon_mrgreen: I'm quite sure that the majority of the N.R. genre who initially bought into the Cayenne is ready to move up to the Bentayga. Or the wife gets a Cayenne while the husband buys this. (Regrets to members here who genuinely appreciate what the Cayenne can actual do as oppose to those who bought it simply for its name.)

Would rather have a legit LM002 made for 2017.

Seriously, Mercedes is building 6x6's and V12 G wagons and we can't get a proper SUV?

I don't mind the looks and love the interior. This would sell like hot cakes at $180-200k range but not at the current asking.

The interior is far better than any other suv out there today. I have no idea Range Rover and Cayenne are its competition. I don't think they are nearly as upscale.

At this moment, this is the most luxurious suv out there. Urus will be the most sporty exotic suv. The rest are all at different level.

I am not buying an suv. G63 is the only suv I would realistically get I think

• 3 weeks later...
I don't mind the looks and love the interior. This would sell like hot cakes at $180-200k range but not at the current asking.

The interior is far better than any other suv out there today. I have no idea Range Rover and Cayenne are its competition. I don't think they are nearly as upscale.

At this moment, this is the most luxurious suv out there. Urus will be the most sporty exotic suv. The rest are all at different level.

I am not buying an suv. G63 is the only suv I would realistically get I think

Had a G55 - tons of fun but nothing like the Bentayga.

Funny the coolest things about the Bentayga aren't mentioned here - the counter balance suspension and many other items makes it a world class car.

The Speed will be much nicer and faster they introduced a first run with some treatments and people scooped up all the allocations.

I doubt many people buy these vs lease IMO it fits perfectly in a small segment that has almost zero competition.

Anyone looking at this is not looking at a Range Rover Porsche etc - it's a Bentley a company that is soon to become one of the top builders in the world of luxury. Their new showroom design is stunning next up a two door sports car.

They are branding to a market that will be very successful - like it or hate it there is nothing out there like it and that alone has plenty of appeal.

Please refer to post #35. :icon_mrgreen:

Never doubted you having said that I thought they'd put more effort into it, no they didn't LOL.

Terrible looking car with a laughable price tag, I don't care how fast it is because that's not the point of a SUV.

Looking at this I am pretty sure the Urus will be a fail, perhaps not financially for Lambo but as a car.

^Not saying you doubted me at all. :) Agreed on the lack of effort. I would go as far as they hardly put any effort into it at all.

The interior, while nice, is typical modern Bentley (ok, I accept the rationale that because that's exactly what it is, a modern Bentley :icon_mrgreen: ). Let's just say there isn't anything bespoke and special about it. No different from a CGT in all honesty and the Mulsanne's cabin is 3X better in looks, feel and craftsmanship. Given the size of the interior and the price, they could have built a rolling palace; perhaps in later iterations I suppose. And those who are familiar with the original and true Crewe and Mulliner Park Ward-era coachwork (plus when the original Connolly leather was alive & well), they will disapprove with a grimace. The exterior, well, the very first concept car was categorically ugly as hell but the complete re-design isn't much of an improvement either. Makes one wonders how much involvement Luc Donckerwolke played in the design and whether there was any genuine effort prior to his departure? I mean it seemed like it was just a simple graft of the CGT's nose onto a Q7 and some flairs/curves were added to the sides and that was it!

I'll reserve final judgement on the Urus as the concept shown at the Grande Giro vs. its evolutionary update was quite different. Can't say much for now but maybe the final design will be a pleasant surprise. I do concur that it probably will succeed market-wise but fail as a true Lamborghini.

Let's just put it in perspective, for a half decent spec here they want $560k :lol2:

I suppose Bentley is trying to outdo its cousin Porsche and become the most profitable brand under the VAG flag? :icon_mrgreen: