ordered SVR and need paint suggestions please!

SV-N-IT

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks good! but im thinking maybe the white or gray interior accents.

love the lemans blue and the new H-spyder blue. im waiting to get the color name.

thx again!

looks good! but im thinking maybe the white or gray interior accents.

love the lemans blue and the new H-spyder blue. im waiting to get the color name.

thx again!

:icon_super:

I'm sure you can bring them to a company that does good powdercoating?

I'm worried about the powder coat eventually chipping after repeated use of the torque wrench.

Bill, that 918 is Voodoo Blue I believe. That car looks great.

It is Voodoo Blue. That 918 belonged to a friend of mine for awhile. It's a great color in person.

Last I checked, it was still at Naples Motorsports.

Bill, that 918 is Voodoo Blue I believe. That car looks great.

yeah I agree, I found out the blue on the launch H-spyder is blue cepheus.

im waiting on samples! thx

On the 918 - Porsche charged 49K for a Lambo color and you want a Porsche color :)

Lambo paint vs the competition appears to be a deal also think they have the best colors and lay paint as well or better than anyone in the business.

Love the 67.

The $49k paint to sample cost on a 918 has nothing to do with with it being a Lamborghini color. All PTS colors were at least $49k unless someone had already paid the $25k feasibility cost (which is part of the $49k) to see if it was viable to be painted on a 918.

I agree Lamborghini paint is amazing!

Have it anodized blue

:iamwithstupid:

First, it's Aluminum. Second, you would never powder coat such a piece that is so mission critical and requires such precision. It would totally F the torque readings and pressure consistency against the wheel. Along with that, the thickness of the powder would most likely render the wrench useless.

The factory pieces are all hard anodized.

First, it's Aluminum. Second, you would never powder coat such a piece that is so mission critical and requires such precision. It would totally F the torque readings and pressure consistency against the wheel. Along with that, the thickness of the powder would most likely render the wrench useless.

Thanks for clearing that up :icon_thumleft:

This is why I love LP :turboalex:

Learn something new every day :)

The $49k paint to sample cost on a 918 has nothing to do with with it being a Lamborghini color. All PTS colors were at least $49k unless someone had already paid the $25k feasibility cost (which is part of the $49k) to see if it was viable to be painted on a 918.

I agree Lamborghini paint is amazing!

Agree - but a lot of guys also received concessions whereas the SV sold out quickly so I doubt anyone got a deal plus the factory did some stuff for 918 owners especially the painted "hippie" graphics. Those type of things would have brought me to buying a 918 had no idea how well Porsche treats their 918 customers. Reading the owners threads are storybook.

Being a paint freak - seeing the colors Lamborghini has and result you guys are spoiled same goes for interior fit and finish.

Agree - but a lot of guys also received concessions whereas the SV sold out quickly so I doubt anyone got a deal plus the factory did some stuff for 918 owners especially the painted "hippie" graphics. Those type of things would have brought me to buying a 918 had no idea how well Porsche treats their 918 customers. Reading the owners threads are storybook.

Being a paint freak - seeing the colors Lamborghini has and result you guys are spoiled same goes for interior fit and finish.

are all SV's officially sold out?

are all SV's officially sold out?

Beyond sold out.

Hope everyone here has their LOOM number.

Given a sub 7 min ring time with all the improvements the SV regardless of it possibly being the last NA V12 it's an astonishing car.

Beyond sold out.

Hope everyone here has their LOOM number.

Given a sub 7 min ring time with all the improvements the SV regardless of it possibly being the last NA V12 it's an astonishing car.

:iamwithstupid: :icon_thumleft:

This is why I love LP :turboalex:

Learn something new every day :)

Glad I can be of service. :icon_mrgreen:

One huge bonus, the anodizing is REALLY easy to strip off and it's super inexpensive to have them professionally redone. If anyone wants to do it I can put them in touch with a top notch facility.

Glad I can be of service. :icon_mrgreen:

One huge bonus, the anodizing is REALLY easy to strip off and it's super inexpensive to have them professionally redone. If anyone wants to do it I can put them in touch with a top notch facility.

Not disagreeing but on a race car built for the street if someone touches the mechanics outside the dealer they risk a whole bunch of potential issues.

I do not know Lamborghini's rules about track inspections hard driving etc but wouldn't want to be the guy caught in a situation where the insurance or factory denies coverage simply saying I would be careful of another coating could throw measurements especially on a center lock.