Porsche Concept Study Mission E

MHaynes772

Awesome - finally a highend E-car that doesn't look like a Hyundai.

But let's see if they can sell it somewhere near Tesla P85 MSRP.

Looks awesome, but I predict it will closer to $200K MSRP which will be a shame if so.

Looks awesome, but I predict it will closer to $200K MSRP which will be a shame if so.
+1

Knowing Porsche it wouldn't surprise me if base price is $150K and optioned well is closer to $200.

There's a guy who bought a Cayman at $65 and the invoice comes to over $120 cause of options. He says he keeps em forever. I say that's CRAZY. But to each their own

But when's the damn thing coming out?! 2017? 2018? How many new iterations of Tesla will Elon produce in the meantime? I think this concept looks great, but I'm almost more interested to see how this forces design direction from Tesla and the rest :eek3dance:

Looks like a Panny with a wide body kit and a 918 front end. Still like it though. Wish they would have brought the Panny Sport Turismo concept to production.

+1

Knowing Porsche it wouldn't surprise me if base price is $150K and optioned well is closer to $200.

There's a guy who bought a Cayman at $65 and the invoice comes to over $120 cause of options. He says he keeps em forever. I say that's CRAZY. But to each their own

Options.....the bread &butter

By my estimate a Porsce that is well optioned is approx 50% over base price

The fast charging time is only possible with extremely high-voltage chargers that don't really exist at the moment.

from what I read that was charging on 800v

Yup. For comparison, Tesla's superchargers work at around 480v. The Porsche is compatible with lower voltages, but you won't get anywhere near that 15min/80% speed.