I'm Dying Waiting for Truck to Deliver my New Roadster

EyeDoc

I'm freaking out, needlesstosay. Waiting to talk to service manager and GM when they open in an hour. I was so upset when he called late last night and after a sleepless night worrying, that this morning, I don't remember half the stuff he told me!

My 16M came back from the dealer with CEL's after an exhaust modification.

The car learned the new system after a few on / off five miles later they cleared.

My daughter calls these RPP - rich people problems :)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is my nightmare: at. 11 pm I get a call from dealer. The transport is there to pick up my car but after my concerns about passing emissions in my home state with the factory sound performance tune, they ran an emissions on it and a few of the readiness on codes wouldn't turn on. So they re flashed the system (removing tune upgrade in process) and drove the car, but not all readiness codes are on. So at 11 f'in o 'clock, he calls me to ask what I want to do--ship or no ship, codes should reset after a few drive cycles. I panic and tell him not to ship. FML. Now after calling 4 dealerships this morning and being assured that factory tune will not affect emissions, as well as few great LP members also reassuring me that factory tune will not affect emissions, Im Somewhat More relieved. But what about the readiness codes not all being on at this time? It will fail emissions without them all being on!

I'm so pissed. This is a new car, less than 300 miles on it, under factory warranty with this BS to deal with. What do I do?????

When my brand new Av Roadster came and had my dealership STL Motorcars to upload the exhaust software tune, it wouldn't load and they had trouble as well, but after communicating with Italy and multiple attempt to upload the software, it finally worked. No worries, I'm sure your dealership will sort it out.

Watch out Eyedoc! DR4EYES is on the road! Thanks to BrIan and Lambo St Louis for making it happen so seamlessly. First rate people to work with.

Great car!! You have to share your feedback on this car in comparison to your wife's LP700 Roadster.

I had the LP700 Roadster and now I have the LP Superleggera! I like how my LP570 drives so much more! Gotta share your thoughts to see if you feel the same?

Also how awesome that you got your SL from STL! Brian is my man! I've bought my LP700 Roadster, LP560, and now my LP750! Love those guys there!

I've seen your car in person! Great car!

Thanks to Fortis, I had dealer fix issue with the long bolts scratching window tint.

EyeDoc, sorry to hear you're current issues. Hope they work out soon for ya and interested to hear more.

Also, can you pass on the info on the fix for the long bolts scratching window tint?

I get to deal with these issues in a month and appreciate you documenting the issues.

best of luck!!

I had a race with hubby to see whose car would arrive first and alas, because of my ordeal, his arrived yesterday. Bittersweet day for me. Well after numerous calls to different Lamborghini dealerships and talking extensively with the service managers, and after confirmation from Lamborghini NA, here's the official scoop on the Readiness Codes and Emissions.

With the factory exhaust sound performance tune from Lamborghini, these cars will always and in all modes trigger 2 of the readiness codes to remain off. Depending on your individual state emissions requirements, this will either result in a pass or fail of emissions. In my state, Utah, Texas and some other states, you can only have 1 readiness code off and still pass. The good news is that the ECU tune is coded to your vehicles VIN so it can be added and deleted as many times as you want quite easily and at no charge by any Lamborghini dealer in any state. For the folks with dealers locally whose emissions permit only 1 readiness code to be off, they can simply re flash system, thereby removing tune, go get emissions done and then go back to dealer and get the tune put back on. Unfortunately for me, where the nearest dealer is 500 miles away, I have opted to have them re flash ECU and leave tune off for now and ship the car out to me. It's a bummer because the exhaust sound is so amazing with the software update.

EyeDoc, sorry to hear you're current issues. Hope they work out soon for ya and interested to hear more.

Also, can you pass on the info on the fix for the long bolts scratching window tint?

I get to deal with these issues in a month and appreciate you documenting the issues.

best of luck!!

The bolt for the actuator on the door is 1-2 mm too long thereby scratching a spot about 1.5 inches from the top of the window, same exact spot on both windows. I don't know on what model year this became a problem, but every 2013/2014/2015 model Aventador Roadster I looked at with tinted windows had this "tramp stamp."

To fix the problem required disassembling the door by the dealer, filing the bolt down and placing a piece of felt over it to further protect the window. For me, as I was having dealer add OEM carbon fiber trim to the interior of the car, it was done at that time. But from what my dealer service rep tells me, it was a long and arduous process to fix. I'm glad I wasn't personally paying for the labor hours to fix it. Again a hearty thank you to my LP brothers (especially Fortis) and sisters for the heads up about this issue and for providing the fix--because of you guys I knew what I was looking for and what needed to be done.

Great car!! You have to share your feedback on this car in comparison to your wife's LP700 Roadster.

I had the LP700 Roadster and now I have the LP Superleggera! I like how my LP570 drives so much more! Gotta share your thoughts to see if you feel the same?

Also how awesome that you got your SL from STL! Brian is my man! I've bought my LP700 Roadster, LP560, and now my LP750! Love those guys there!

I've seen your car in person! Great car!

Thanks Andy! I fell in love with the SL at an Esperienza. It's a drivers car and a totally different experience to the Murcie or Aventador. EYEDOC loves the beautiful flagship. The Murcie and Aventador are perfect for her. Nothing else comes close for cool design and presence. We look forward to driving the two and giving everyone our impressions.

I have to thank my Service Manager Brett at Lamborghini Las Vegas--if it hadn't been for him holding my hand and keeping me constantly updated with status of my car, I would've bailed on the deal 24 hours ago. Thankfully I had a great relationship with him from my previous dealings on annual service on my LP640 so I trusted him and felt like he was being upfront and honest with me. Thank you also Ken and Wayne at Lamborghini Palm Beach. I called them about the ECU software tune upgrade to confirm the problem and even though my previous car was purchased through them and this car was not, they still took an incredible amount of time answering my questions and offer advice. Amazing people and I would highly recommend these folks and their dealership. Also a hearty thank you to Jeremy at Lamborghini Newport Beach. What an amazing individual--if you want someone that will answer your calls and texts, be willing to stay late to show you a car, work his ass off on making a deal happen that's fair, he's your guy. A class act, all around--I regret not staying patient and ordering my SV from him. My husband had a great experience with Brian at Lamborghini St. Louis as well. Finally, Shahram in service at Lamborghini Dallas was also very helpful in answering questions about the tune.

The Lamborghini community is a small one and there are some exceptional people out there.

Thanks Andy! I fell in love with the SL at an Esperienza. It's a drivers car and a totally different experience to the Murcie or Aventador. EYEDOC loves the beautiful flagship. The Murcie and Aventador are perfect for her. Nothing else comes close for cool design and presence. We look forward to driving the two and giving everyone our impressions.

Congrats! The SL/STS/Blancpain can't be beat!

So drove the car today without the performance sound tune and it still sounds amazing. I'm in love again. The A is so much easier to drive, but still an epic event, but definitely more refined than the M. Exhaust sounds also very different; while the M had a more throaty exhaust, the A is more guttural. I have to thank Tom at Lamborghini Las Vegas for putting up with my inner crazy bitch that came out throughout the last couple of days while we got things sorted out. Always a gentleman, even when I lost my cool. Said my final goodbye to the LP640.

20150919_175115.jpg

Congrats, the Aventador Roadster is the perfect car!

Thank you VBUG KING and CAKE! I loved it, especially the removable panel roof. With the LP640, the top was such a work to get on and off that other than storage for the winter months, I just kept it off. I found myself sometimes not driving the car because of the sun level or temperature. I think this one will be more versatile and it's a bonus that it looks very attractive with top on or off. What is the break in period? 3000 miles?

Thank you VBUG KING and CAKE! I loved it, especially the removable panel roof. With the LP640, the top was such a work to get on and off that other than storage for the winter months, I just kept it off. I found myself sometimes not driving the car because of the sun level or temperature. I think this one will be more versatile and it's a bonus that it looks very attractive with top on or off. What is the break in period? 3000 miles?

500 miles or 3000 rpm whichever comes first:)

So drove the car today without the performance sound tune and it still sounds amazing. I'm in love again. The A is so much easier to drive, but still an epic event, but definitely more refined than the M. Exhaust sounds also very different; while the M had a more throaty exhaust, the A is more guttural. I have to thank Tom at Lamborghini Las Vegas for putting up with my inner crazy bitch that came out throughout the last couple of days while we got things sorted out. Always a gentleman, even when I lost my cool. Said my final goodbye to the LP640.

Said final goodbye to your LP640? All I see in this pic is that you say Hello to the A :icon_mrgreen: . Congrats :icon_super:

20150919_175115.jpg

Well finally got her home this morning. Can't figure out how to pair my phone to the car, can't get my state to boot up in Navi, but am still grinning from ear to ear. Can write an entire thread about buying process this time versus last time, but suffice it to say, not all buying experiences are the same.

20150924_132426.jpg

20150924_095912.jpg

20150924_091002.jpg