I'm Dying Waiting for Truck to Deliver my New Roadster

EyeDoc

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Jeez you guys are must be running one hell of a practice. Great motivation for a final yr MD student like myself. lol

Thanks. And congrats to you as well for being so close to the finish line with med school. My advice once you are done with school is to ENJOY THE HELL OUT OF YOUR LIFE!!!

How do you guys compared the two, LP570 & LP700?

I wish I could say I've had more seat time in my A, but unfortunately I haven't driven it more than 2 times since it's come home. My husband on the other hand, has driven his SL quite a few times. Some observations: the SL is more subtle (if any Lamborghini can be called that), and he feels comfortable taking it to the golf club, to pick up our son from school, etc, it definitely attracts attention but not crazy, follow you around, hanging out the windows with cameras kind of crazy, and he likes that. The A attracts crowds even parked in the garage (strangers drive by the house and stop to look unashamedly inside the garage if the door is open), and on the road, well it's definitely an attention getter, not necessarily more than the LP640, but definitely a lot more than the SL.

I'm not convinced I like the LP700 better than my LP640...I miss that car a lot, the rawness of it, the exhaust sound, the thrill of driving it, the difficulty of driving it. The A is more refined, maybe too refined...maybe I just need to drive it more to like it more?

But if I was going to have 2 Lambos parked in my garage, I'd probably pick the A and the SL--> two completely different beasts, with completely different identities. One is begging to be taken to a track and the other is a show stopper, without even turning the ignition on. The beauty and the beast, the super model and the slut, the ying and the yang.

Andy, I'm glad you're having a ton of fun with your SL :)

I wish I could say I've had more seat time in my A, but unfortunately I haven't driven it more than 2 times since it's come home. My husband on the other hand, has driven his SL quite a few times. Some observations: the SL is more subtle (if any Lamborghini can be called that), and he feels comfortable taking it to the golf club, to pick up our son from school, etc, it definitely attracts attention but not crazy, follow you around, hanging out the windows with cameras kind of crazy, and he likes that. The A attracts crowds even parked in the garage (strangers drive by the house and stop to look unashamedly inside the garage if the door is open), and on the road, well it's definitely an attention getter, not necessarily more than the LP640, but definitely a lot more than the SL.

I'm not convinced I like the LP700 better than my LP640...I miss that car a lot, the rawness of it, the exhaust sound, the thrill of driving it, the difficulty of driving it. The A is more refined, maybe too refined...maybe I just need to drive it more to like it more?

But if I was going to have 2 Lambos parked in my garage, I'd probably pick the A and the SL--> two completely different beasts, with completely different identities. One is begging to be taken to a track and the other is a show stopper, without even turning the ignition on. The beauty and the beast, the super model and the slut, the ying and the yang.

Andy, I'm glad you're having a ton of fun with your SL :)

I agreed whole heartily! I realized the SL received very little attention around town (we have about 10+ new and old Gs in my city) while when I had my A, the attention was nuts! The A is very much refined, put her in Corsa next time you're out. Still...not as nimble and visceral as the SL I'm afraid...

Ton of fun in the SL so far! Just looking at it in the garage is satisfying. Keep us updated with your driving experience feedback! Love to read about them.

I agreed whole heartily! I realized the SL received very little attention around town (we have about 10+ new and old Gs in my city) while when I had my A, the attention was nuts! The A is very much refined, put her in Corsa next time you're out. Still...not as nimble and visceral as the SL I'm afraid...

Ton of fun in the SL so far! Just looking at it in the garage is satisfying. Keep us updated with your driving experience feedback! Love to read about them.

Thanks Andy. Will try the Corsa mode as you suggested and see if that turns up the fun factor more.