TI - Fall 2015

UR 55

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where's all the talk?

A.MS not coming this time around?

October 2nd is right around the corner! See you all there!

Thats just what VegasGTR said. I can´t imagine they´re not coming to defend their title. What im most excited for is seeing any new stuff or surprises. March 2014 we had the unveil of the X version (green car). Audi R8 GT won. October 2014 was the first time a GTR won. Then last TI we had the unveil of the first ever Twin Turbo Huracan X version. Excited to see who will win this time and if some new stuff is being used/put to the test.

Where's all the talk?

A.MS not coming this time around?

October 2nd is right around the corner! See you all there!

......A.MS backed out of the event after they said they would be there.... there is someone throwing money at them to come race a ugr R8 on the TI facebook page. UGR was not smart to show Gidis vbox #s.... i bet thats why they are backing out. i think the guy TAG put up $20,000 offer to them.

Thats just what VegasGTR said. I can´t imagine they´re not coming to defend their title. What im most excited for is seeing any new stuff or surprises. March 2014 we had the unveil of the X version (green car). Audi R8 GT won. October 2014 was the first time a GTR won. Then last TI we had the unveil of the first ever Twin Turbo Huracan X version. Excited to see who will win this time and if some new stuff is being used/put to the test.

Yeah, unfortunately the little cuss is right as he's in a group (not sure why he is) that the owner of A.MS confirmed they were not coming.

So, the question is, are they not coming because of other commitments or are they not coming because the one and only GTR that can beat the slew of UGR cars may not be ready to go?

All friendly banter

Yeah, unfortunately the little cuss is right as he's in a group (not sure why he is) that the owner of A.MS confirmed they were not coming.

So, the question is, are they not coming because of other commitments or are they not coming because the one and only GTR that can beat the slew of UGR cars may not be ready to go?

All friendly banter

Maybe the rumors of the top mounted turbo setup are true and they have issues holding it together lol. But who knows.

I don't have a horse in this race other than I'm a UGR fan and owner... But I can just hear it now.

If A_m_S. doesn't show up, and UGR wins... All the banter will be that UGR only won because of a no-show...

Hopefully A_m_S. shows up, and we have another round of good racing.

Mike

I don't have a horse in this race other than I'm a UGR fan and owner... But I can just hear it now.

If A_m_S. doesn't show up, and UGR wins... All the banter will be that UGR only won because of a no-show...

Hopefully A_m_S. shows up, and we have another round of good racing.

Mike

True but the fact is, if they don't show up, they don't have a shot at keeping the King of the Streets title. Its just the same as telling the haters that after the Silver R8 that won the King of the Streets a year or so ago is still the King because AM,S has not ever beaten that R8 that won KOTS. That can go for the other 4 Underground Gallardos that won the TI event that are stuck on street duty now.;(

This is a very stacked field at TI this event. GTR's that make just as much or rumored to make more than AM,S will be there. Vipers that will be much faster than the last event and also Heffner and other Gallardo tuners that are trying to win their first event. This field is NO JOKE and it will be tuff to take the win home.

It takes more than the fastest car to win. There is a lot more that has to go right. Believe me, I know. I was driving the fastest car at the last TI and I still didn't win. Its about getting to the finish line first.

Tony's GTR will be there. That thing has ripped off some 7.60s in the qtr a few times I believe and I know he was more power on tap based on the trap speeds of those 7.60s.

TI is always a stacked field.

If ASS doesn't show it just shows you how hard it is to keep holding the crown. UGR held the crown for a very long time. Hard to win KOTS but harder to hold it for years and years.

Tony's GTR will be there. That thing has ripped off some 7.60s in the qtr a few times I believe and I know he was more power on tap based on the trap speeds of those 7.60s.

TI is always a stacked field.

If ASS doesn't show it just shows you how hard it is to keep holding the crown. UGR held the crown for a very long time. Hard to win KOTS but harder to hold it for years and years.

I am bummed also. I do understand why they are not going to make it to this TI. does not mean they wont be there the following. Ti is held twice a year and might be a bit much for them... on top of it, they have to make it out for TX2K16. That could be why Peter holds his event once a year, I doubt anyone would go twice.

UG should win this event. Tony's car is bad ass.. but does not have a billet block and I don't think it will stay together for more than few passes on kill. Only chance is the Blue viper.

Maybe the rumors of the top mounted turbo setup are true and they have issues holding it together lol. But who knows.

nope. They are busy at the shop and want to be the first GTR in 6s. car is fine.

nope. They are busy at the shop and want to be the first GTR in 6s. car is fine.

6s...better slap on some 82s and rip out everything but the drivers seat lol

But seriously...if the car still weighs the claimed 3800-3900 including Ivan and makes 2050-2100 to the wheels, they have to work on both power and weight. I´d say 2200-2300WHP at least and a healthy 500 pound weight reduction and i see a 6.9X

The field at this event never ceases to amaze! To make it to the qtr finals or even semi finals is an honor. Just tells you you literally have one of the fastest street cars in the world! I do wish ASS was going to be there this TI, but always next time

Sal?

Yeah, it's back in action and was on the dyno this week. Not sure if he's going, but I sure hope so! Pretty short time frame to do any testing though.

Pathetic excuse.... Why they didn't get busy in the winter time like all the other competitors? They know they can't beat UGR again... They know they were not the fastest in the last TI.

I can already see you writing shit after UGR win this TI... "congratulations for winning a Lambo event"... Lol

Pathetic excuse.... Why they didn't get busy in the winter time like all the other competitors? They know they can't beat UGR again... They know they were not the fastest in the last TI.

I can already see you writing shit after UGR win this TI... "congratulations for winning a Lambo event"... Lol

so they have to go to every Ti event? what if there were 4 Ti events a year? Look I am bummed out they are not going just as much as everyone... Would have loved to the see the 3-Peat!

I guess we will wait for the next Ti in April/may.

without the King it wont be as entertaining :(

so they have to go to every Ti event? what if there were 4 Ti events a year? Look I am bummed out they are not going just as much as everyone... Would have loved to the see the 3-Peat!

I guess we will wait for the next Ti in April/may.

without the King it wont be as entertaining :(

Ahh, it's okay that your boys don't show up but had UGR decided to no show, all hell would break loose.

That's okay. Being my sponsor spot is next to where they were, it just gives me more room to play Frisbee.

Anyhoo. It's going to be a loaded field and exciting to watch.

Ahh, it's okay that your boys don't show up but had UGR decided to no show, all hell would break loose.

That's okay. Being my sponsor spot is next to where they were, it just gives me more room to play Frisbee.

Anyhoo. It's going to be a loaded field and exciting to watch.

Between Andy, Sal, and the UR crew, I have a feeling it won't matter if they show or not.

When they see the trap speeds and how previously very fast cars get drug, they will be happy they stayed home.

oh please with all this BS. UG brought enough cars last time to wax the competition. They fell Short. what is going to change this event?

Hurucan X , Gallardo X were both at the last event. Both lost. OMEGAaaa came around the X Hurucan, drivin by UG..even with the hurucan getting out first (not saying a jump , both cars nailed it the same time ) omeeeegggaaaa came around that car to win.

X also lost to the viper. MPH means shit in this event. All ET and power under the curve.

Only GTR to have a chance is Palo's car. Just don't trust it without a billet block.

oh please with all this BS. UG brought enough cars last time to wax the competition. They fell Short. what is going to change this event?

Hurucan X , Gallardo X were both at the last event. Both lost. OMEGAaaa came around the X Hurucan, drivin by UG..even with the hurucan getting out first (not saying a jump , both cars nailed it the same time ) omeeeegggaaaa came around that car to win.

X also lost to the viper. MPH means shit in this event. All ET and power under the curve.

Only GTR to have a chance is Palo's car. Just don't trust it without a billet block.

I don't know about Andy car, but Sals car has more than enough to handle any GTR on the planet, and on drag radials at that.

I don't know about Andy car, but Sals car has more than enough to handle any GTR on the planet, and on drag radials at that.

All depends if he can put the power down at 60mph. If he has too much power and spins its game over. With that being said I would not mind seeing a viper win the whole thing.

If anybody thinks that A_M.S is out because of a bet, you're out of you're mind. If they are out, they either have more important commitments (to them), or the car isn't ready, plain and simple. At that power level, everything is vulnerable and there is no shame in a car not being ready for an event.

True but the fact is, if they don't show up, they don't have a shot at keeping the King of the Streets title. Its just the same as telling the haters that after the Silver R8 that won the King of the Streets a year or so ago is still the King because AM,S has not ever beaten that R8 that won KOTS. That can go for the other 4 Underground Gallardos that won the TI event that are stuck on street duty now.;(

This is a very stacked field at TI this event. GTR's that make just as much or rumored to make more than AM,S will be there. Vipers that will be much faster than the last event and also Heffner and other Gallardo tuners that are trying to win their first event. This field is NO JOKE and it will be tuff to take the win home.

It takes more than the fastest car to win. There is a lot more that has to go right. Believe me, I know. I was driving the fastest car at the last TI and I still didn't win. Its about getting to the finish line first.

Agreed. If someone hasn't raced TI, they have no idea what it takes. It takes flawless runs over and over.

Oufan has made it to the finals twice. When he makes it there again he will have some dope on top of an already fast platform. Bello has taken his platform and put it on a 996. As of last Sunday the car is mechanically done and they are buttoning up cosmetics. Gus from Lethal Performance has a powerglide equipped Plastic mess-06 and just ran a 8.1x at 184 in the quarter last weekend (mid boost with a 1.4x sixty) and its expected to be the fastest POS at TI ever. The list goes on and on with the other GTR, Viper, Lambro, and Porsche outfits.

The field is strong and has a good mix from all platforms. That competition is what pushes the competing shops to innovate and develop new technology. Best example of that is UR. Compare Justin's TT Hurcan to SW's TTSL from mere 5 years ago and you will be shocked at what they have accomplished. So, I think you will see shops unveiling trick setups again.

In the FB TSS Drivers Group (closed to non-drivers) there is a KOTS winners pot going. They got it up to $9k right now. The 175 Trap Attack has a similar pot going as well but the buy in isn't as steep. If the drivers make good on their buy in, that will ramp up the excitement more.

Oufan has made it to the finals twice. When he makes it there again he will have some dope on top of an already fast platform. Bello has taken his platform and put it on a 996. As of last Sunday the car is mechanically done and they are buttoning up cosmetics. Gus from Lethal Performance has a powerglide equipped Plastic mess-06 and just ran a 8.1x at 184 in the quarter last weekend (mid boost with a 1.4x sixty) and its expected to be the fastest POS at TI ever. The list goes on and on with the other GTR, Viper, Lambro, and Porsche outfits.

The field is strong and has a good mix from all platforms. That competition is what pushes the competing shops to innovate and develop new technology. Best example of that is UR. Compare Justin's TT Hurcan to SW's TTSL from mere 5 years ago and you will be shocked at what they have accomplished. So, I think you will see shops unveiling trick setups again.

In the FB TSS Drivers Group (closed to non-drivers) there is a KOTS winners pot going. They got it up to $9k right now. The 175 Trap Attack has a similar pot going as well but the buy in isn't as steep. If the drivers make good on their buy in, that will ramp up the excitement more.

Nice stuff! glad there will be some serious competition. Like all of us , we wanted to see the champ go for a 3 peat. Still the best event IMO.