TI - Fall 2015

UR 55

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are saying all the hot exhaust from the r8 was going into Tony's front facing turbos causing it to get heat soaked and lose power.... Shouldn't have been so many car lengths back lol

It called giving it all. kevin pushed well over 50psi on that pass. Tony pushed 66 going for broke.Both Parties left nothing on the table.

Sigh

guess the person lied to me.

Looks like it.

That was a very fast Gtr but you guys managed to one up it big time. Awesome. Whats amazing is that youve got so many Gtr shops and only 1 lambo shop and still UGR comes out on top. Thats champion stuff.

Numerous ouches in this post at both camps. Lol

I thinks this is the end of the "GTR era"... UGR is setting some ridiculous records almost impossible for the GTRs to break... No GTR went over 230 MPH in a 1/2 mile race.... And now 213 miles in TI! Is just nuts...

Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

What happened before the race, at the start, and during the race doesn't mean anything. All that matters is the r8 won and it went 213. Everything else is just an excuse.

R8 has 2 wins. Lambo what 4 wins? GTR 2? Ugr total of 6?

And a few 6 speed titles.

Someone aways gets the hit. I'm not sure who got the hit on this race but I will tell you there was no red light and no exuses from Tony after the race as far as not having a fair race. If I recall correctly, he told me great race and great job and that was that.;)

More racers should be like Tony. Win with class lose with class.

They are saying all the hot exhaust from the r8 was going into Tony's front facing turbos causing it to get heat soaked and lose power.... Shouldn't have been so many car lengths back lol

That JetWash is a real bitch!! Just ask Maverick and Goose

Speaking of which...what happened to the 6 speed challenge? Do they not run it anymore? I know most of the big dog UGR cars have gone to sequential but there's nobody left with a manual? Or has TI done away with the comp so there's no need to have one, anymore?

How can a car trapping 210 be catching up to a car in front of it, going 213 ?!?!

To say something like that is just stupid. I'd love to see them trying to "prove" that.

LE : I know where the r8 got all that extra power in the last race. Must have been all that NOS Vegas was talking about lately

They replaced the 6 Speed with RWD challenge or 175 attack

Can't remember which one

I think it was the 175. And that makes sense. Much more cars that trap around that area than have a manual transmission. Thanx...

How can a car trapping 210 be catching up to a car in front of it, going 213 ?!?!

To say something like that is just stupid. I'd love to see them trying to "prove" that.

LE : I know where the r8 got all that extra power in the last race. Must have been all that NOS Vegas was talking about lately

Yeah...what happened to that rumor of UGR spraying? Hahahahaha

Wouldn't it be funny if Kevin and KC had developed a billet block, too...and never announced it

Yeah...what happened to that rumor of UGR spraying? Hahahahaha

Wouldn't it be funny if Kevin and KC had developed a billet block, too...and never announced it

I had a tuner accuse us of using nitrous, I brouht him over to one of the winning cars and settled that. We don't have nitrous on any of our cars.

I went 195 at TI this time last year with the same weather. You went 213 lmao

195 felt like time travel. Cannot imagine 213.

Congratulations to Underground Racing and Sebastian for continuing their dynasty in TI history as the Fall 2015 King of the Street. UR executed this win with precision and restraint, stepping up their game each pass. Sebastian is a great friend in the local Houston scene and the win couldn't have gone to a nicer person. At the award ceremony Kevin, KC, Sebastian, and their families came up to accept the trophy - it was honor passing it on. Sebastian also won the $5k cash pot for taking top honors.

It is a pleasure to see forum members at the event, like Greg from sponsor FC Corp (Ferris Consulting). I would like to encourage all of you to drive and attend our next event. We would gladly allocate passes for the next event so you can experience it first hand.

Here is the KOTS in screen saver size:

12140180_910310925673192_304128507416983

Does anyone know which car is the #77?

#77 was Lupe in the white D3/PHR Supra.

I assume kc is driving the huracan?....

Yes.

What do they give them. 10 min to prep?

15 minutes between heats. Failure to grid = DQ.

....BTW kevin drives all the cars lol. where are the actual customers driving them?

Not true. Gidi, Shawn, and the Fowler brothers all drove their own vehicles. Some prefer not to and that is completely understandable. Everyone has their own risk tolerance.

Damn, 102 Users are reading this topic right now lol....

So awesome.

Is there even a thread on gtrlife for TI? Don't see one..

GTRHeritage is our GTR centric media partner. Its owner attended and supports grassroots events like TI.

Congratulations to Underground Racing and Sebastian for continuing their dynasty in TI history as the Fall 2015 King of the Street. UR executed this win with precision and restraint, stepping up their game each pass. Sebastian is a great friend in the local Houston scene and the win couldn't have gone to a nicer person. At the award ceremony Kevin, KC, Sebastian, and their families came up to accept the trophy - it was honor passing it on. Sebastian also won the $5k cash pot for taking top honors.

It is a pleasure to see forum members at the event, like Greg from sponsor FC Corp (Ferris Consulting). I would like to encourage all of you to drive and attend our next event. We would gladly allocate passes for the next event so you can experience it first hand.

So does that mean I can put this on my schedule for the spring, next year....even if I don't win the lottery and get a TT lambo? Cause I'll tell the wife, TO-nite...

Just a casual lurker here enjoying the thread with nothing to add except the question...does VegasGTR ever add anything truthful and or factual to the topic being discussed?

It seems everything he posts is either incorrect hearsay or an awkward backhanded complement.

2 things...1st congrats to Seafish/UR and T1 Tony for a hell of a weekend and everyone one else who competed. 2nd where the hell do some of y'all get your info??? lmao...

I would say that next year the bar (we never thought could be pushed) will be raised yet again. Maybe even more drivers wanting a piece at the fastest and competitve event ever!

I just saw the rear tyre setup on the nasty T1R GTR.

If only UGR would go the same route..i guess itll b game set n match.

2 days post event and I am still in awe over the mph the cars were reaching. The top ten fastest speeds were all over 200mph. Here is a shot of the T1 GTR that took 2nd.

A22844BE-4980-480F-AC50-5E233B9CD06C.jpg

Congrats to Seafish and UGR on the KOTS win. Incredible records set and very impressive year. Even more impressive customer service at these events that you guys provide to your customers/cars that you have built. This speaks volume to your clients and have not had this type of treatment with a shop before. Proud owner of a UGR SL Lambo.

Speaking of which...what happened to the 6 speed challenge? Do they not run it anymore? I know most of the big dog UGR cars have gone to sequential but there's nobody left with a manual? Or has TI done away with the comp so there's no need to have one, anymore?

I won the last 6 speed event and they stopped having it. That makes me the Reigning 6 Speed Champ. :)

maybe Kevin was slowing down and only going 213 while decelerating while Tony was at 210 and accelerating?