The last piece of the puzzle

VCR

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait to have one of these in my life! :icon_mrgreen:

So beautiful!

Do you mind if I ask who did the restoration on her? Do you happen to have any pictures of the work?

Congrats!

Wow, that thing looks brand new. Congrats!

Thank you!

Congrats VCR!!!!! I'm so stoked for you. It might have taken a long time to make perfect but you have a brand new Countach to enjoy.

I have dibs on the Miura :)

Thank you very much rhyno! I hope yours will be done soon as well. And so awesome that you have two!

Amazing! Congrats. A friend recently told me about a local Miura that has been locked away forever. It is in pieces and the owner has expressed interest in selling. I have the chassis number somewhere...

Thank you! Keep me posted please.

My God that thing is perfect. Wow, congrats! I love how LP gets quiet with purchases and then BAM!

Thank you for the kind words!

Beautiful.

I dream about stuff like this.

And thank you sir. Btw, happy birthday!

I'm speechless.

Huge congrats.

Thanks very much!

ZOMG! So perfect. Congrats!

Thank you so much!

WOW, spectacular!

Thank you!

Awesome. Congrats!

Thanks very much! Love your new SV!

The holy grail. Perfection!

Thank you for the kind words!

Cocaine white! Perfect color for a Countach. Great purchase and enjoy her in good health.

LOL, interesting way to describe white. Thank you!

Huge congrats! Perfect condition of interior!

Thank you!

Stunning!!

Enjoy for many miles in the best of health!

Thank you very much!

Sweet. White on white. Gorgeous. Congrats.

Thanks very much!

You just became my new best friend!! So, where are we going tonight?

A ride on the machine that you pilot would be fantastic! I.e. if I am physically fit for it. :) Thank you for the very kind words!

Badass! Congrats.

Thank you!

Fantastic!

Thanks a lot, sir.

Love the triple white! Congrats!

Thank you.

I can't wait to read about your driving impression thread :)

Would help if the weather cooperates but I shall try.

Beautiful car.

Beautiful colour.

Congrats.!!!!!

Right, sorry to left you out of the white Countach brotherhood. I think Islandguy has one too? And thank you! Yours is just as beautiful!

The odometer looks like it says 12000kms but I suspect that the previous owner just jacked up the rear wheels and rowed through the gears while the car was parked in his clean room. That thing is immaculate! Congrats on a stunning car.

LOL, thank you!

I was struggling so hard to keep this secret, I feel so relived it's out!

As I said this car is beyond ridiculous and the job you've done on it it's nothing short of outstanding!

If you look at the acronym OCD in the dictionary you should be seeing a photo of this car, I don't believe you've left anything untouched!

:turboalex: :turboalex: :turboalex:

Well, thank you very much for keeping the secret for so long. :turboalex:

Thank you also for the very kind compliments! As to OCD, well... it takes one to know one! :lol2:

I should have started a "My 'new' car" thread. :icon_mrgreen:

Congrats!!

Thank you!

FANTAS5SSSSSSSSSSSSTIC!!

congrats!!

And thannnnk you sir!

Flawless. Congrats!

Thanks a lot!

Damn! That is impeccable!

Congrats, that is one to keep for the grandkids.

Thank you sir. Yes, I certainly would hope so.

:3some: Tits!

Kiitos paljon! (I hope that's correct.)

I can't wait to have one of these in my life! :icon_mrgreen:

So beautiful!

Do you mind if I ask who did the restoration on her? Do you happen to have any pictures of the work?

Congrats!

Thank you very much. If I reside in the US, I would have taken it to Evan in a heartbeat. But I do not so I had to make do what I have access on. I chose the bodyshop that my local Lamborghini dealership used. Some of the trickier things I hired a company that specialized in automobile restoration. Engine was enhanced by a local person that builds race engines with proven records, suspensions were done by a local person who builds chassis for off-road rally vehicles for a living and is a rally champion himself. The electrical were "simple" enough that the shop for the engine and I completed it. It was nothing complex per se but the "Italian factor" is through & through. It likely reflects the dire financial crisis that Lamborghini was in at that time. One would see a bunch of colour-coded wires connected to a harness, only to branch off elsewhere with a complete different colour-coded wires! The rumour of Lamborghini had to make do with whatever was left in the parts bin was likely true. Tracing the electrical path was like a complex maze and there is so little room behind the dash to work with. The leather was simple enough, they certainly don't make them like they use to for the modern cars. Despite being white, a good cleaner, a good conditioner, some elbow grease and plenty of patience will restore the leather to its former glory. I was fortunate that I didn't have to wait too long for Pirelli to come up with a new set of P7's. I have yet to find time to sort out the photos.

Oh its white...please be a red interior please be a red interior please be a red interior.

WHITE! HOLY CRAP ITS WHITE ON WHITE. Its like a glorious unicorn that you can take for a spin whenever you want! Well done sir!

White on White Countach

Oro Elios SLs

Blu Nethens Aventador Roadsters.

You sir are a master of the bold colors and I tip my hat!

:icon_super:

Wow, this is a time machine to 1988!

Congrats A!!! Stunning!

Busy? You're spending all of your time looking for cars......work, what's that? :icon_mrgreen:

Thank you very much! It's an expensive hobby, I need to keep working hard to finance it. :icon_mrgreen:

All jokes aside, it has been busy and I haven't worked so hard for the past 3 years. I need this to balance life out.

Amazing! Love it! Congrats!

Thank you very much sir!

Congrats VCR! Your stable keeps becoming more complete :eusa_clap:

Yes, thanks very much.

congrats! gorgeous looking car!

Thank you!

Awesome, just awesome A! Congratz and drive safe! :turboalex:

Will do and thank you!

Oh its white...please be a red interior please be a red interior please be a red interior.

WHITE! HOLY CRAP ITS WHITE ON WHITE. Its like a glorious unicorn that you can take for a spin whenever you want! Well done sir!

White on White Countach

Oro Elios SLs

Blu Nethens Aventador Roadsters.

You sir are a master of the bold colors and I tip my hat!

:icon_super:

Hahaha, and thank you sir! I actually have a certain theme on colours. I'll try to explain that when I write a review on my bulls.

Looks great!

Thanks very much.

Congrats it looks awesome

Thanks!

Well, just take good care of it until I show up to buy it out from under you!

:) :turboalex:

That looks really nice. Congrats on getting it and having the restoration complete.

Thank you very much!

Nice Countach VCR! Didnt know you were looking at picking one up, congrats!!

Thank you sir! A friend was considering on selling it. I just made sure his consideration turned into a reality for mutual benefits. :)

Yet another example of your attention to details, this is beyond words! Huge congrats, and hat off to you for keeping these secrets for so long! Let the search for the perfect-to-be Miura begin :icon_mrgreen: :icon_thumleft: