Incoming

HannibalACP82

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats! I hope it serves you well, and the a/c works.

Thanks! I hope that my kids don't throw up in the back and that my wife avoids the speed cameras.

That is a gorgeous car, I've always loved them. The red interior is basically the cherry on top. Congrats and enjoy it.

What are you doing out in the middle east for work if you don't mind me asking?

That is a gorgeous car, I've always loved them. The red interior is basically the cherry on top. Congrats and enjoy it.

What are you doing out in the middle east for work if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks for the compliments. I have always loved my S2000 and to me it was a dream car growing up. The fact that we are able to add an S8 to the stable in matching colors is unreal to me. I know I am not a baller like some of the guys on here but for me...this is pretty damn exciting. I can assure you that if this car hadn't had a red interior I wouldn't have been pulling the trigger.

As for the middle east work...I am building nuke plants.

Read all about it:

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=72830

Good now?

Car looks really good, congrats. Since it has a V10, any chance you can tune the exhaust like our long lost buddy :icon_thumleft:

Hannibal you possible made the biggest mistake of your life automotive wise, giving your wife a car with that many horse power, you are screwed!!

She will NOT accept any less for the next one, she will think everything else is weak and useless :lol2:

Hannibal you possible made the biggest mistake of your life automotive wise, giving your wife a car with that many horse power, you are screwed!!

She will NOT accept any less for the next one, she will think everything else is weak and useless :lol2:

I disagree! This is Hannibal's effective scheme of spoiling his wife with a high hp car so that it paves the way for him to getting a Lambo. "You see my dear? A V10 isn't so intimidating as it seems after all. They even put it in a 4 door sedan and you love driving it, don't you? I should get one too but just with 2 less doors and a smaller trunk..." :icon_mrgreen: :turboalex:

I disagree! This is Hannibal's effective scheme of spoiling his wife with a high hp car so that it paves the way for him to getting a Lambo. "You see my dear? A V10 isn't so intimidating as it seems after all. They even put it in a 4 door sedan and you love driving it, don't you? I should get one too but just with 2 less doors and a smaller trunk..." :icon_mrgreen: :turboalex:

The only problem is that she will want the Lambo for herself and pack the poor Hannibal in the uber mommy mobile with the kids :icon_mrgreen:

Congrats! That combo looks great. Are you sure about the red interior, though ;)

Maybe I will change it to blue. ;)

Car looks really good, congrats. Since it has a V10, any chance you can tune the exhaust like our long lost buddy :icon_thumleft:

Milltek and a few others make an exhaust. This place in Japan makes a screamer but it is a bit pricey for my baller on a budget status.

The speed cameras around here scare me to death in anything she drives!!! That being said there are worse mistakes a husband can make!

I am not that smart but damnnnnnn that's a good idea.

The only problem is that she will want the Lambo for herself and pack the poor Hannibal in the uber mommy mobile with the kids :icon_mrgreen:

Hahaha. Give me an RS6 Avant and she can have the Lambo :shock:

Congrats on the purchase.

God that RR is ugly.

Is the front windscreen tinted?

Thank you! I like the RR but it is different that's for sure. The Audi has a slight tint.

Hahaha. Give me an RS6 Avant and she can have the Lambo :shock:

Exactly! :icon_mrgreen:

Thanks! I hope that my kids don't throw up in the back and that my wife avoids the speed cameras.

Leather is the best for that shit. Easy to clean!

Hey B....I saw this but didn't have time to read the entire thread till last night!

AWESOME!

Congrats and enjoy for many kilometers in the best of health - if you can pry it from her hands!!

LOVE the color combo - it's classic and perfect for your garage! Looking forward to impressions once you get some wheel time. Glad things are going well in your new assignment!

Hey B....I saw this but didn't have time to read the entire thread till last night!

AWESOME!

Congrats and enjoy for many kilometers in the best of health - if you can pry it from her hands!!

LOVE the color combo - it's classic and perfect for your garage! Looking forward to impressions once you get some wheel time. Glad things are going well in your new assignment!

I can't wait to drive it some more! I got the outbound wire transfer to myself done last night but they told me it MIGHT take until the 12th to be received by my bank over here. WTF is up with that??????????

Hopefully it shows up today/tomorrow and I can close this deal over the weekend!

Wow Hannibal,

You've got S8 with red interiors!!! Who says Toothfairy is not real :icon_super:

Huge congrats!

(your phone camera sucks btw :) )

Congratulations on the car and the move! I've always wanted to work out there!

Thanks to both!

Wow Hannibal,

You've got S8 with red interiors!!! Who says Toothfairy is not real :icon_super:

Huge congrats!

(your phone camera sucks btw :) )

I know right! I've been waiting for you to see this thread ever since you told me to go with the S8 over the A8L W12 and offered to let me drive yours! I'll get better pics up soon. I should wrap up the deal this weekend now that I've got funds on-shore and I am processing the insurance paperwork.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally picked her up last night. That is a long story for another time but damn is this car quick.

The wife was playing all coy today after a trip out until she drove it home and got to step out of the drivers side at the hotel. She liked the attention she got from the valet and the car spotters taking pics of the McLaren out front.

Awesome!

Im glad you decided to go for it after all of that talking yourself out of it! :eusa_dance:

Nothing better than that "new" car feeling.

Awesome!

Im glad you decided to go for it after all of that talking yourself out of it! :eusa_dance:

Nothing better than that "new" car feeling.

Thanks! This still qualifies as the dumbest thing I've ever done financially but screw it! If you guys want I'll continue this thread moving forward documenting the pitfalls of balling on a budget.

So far one of the B&O tweeters won't retract and the other won't raise up. Additionally the rear sunshade retracted last night and won't raise back up and the power trunk was working and now isn't.

Thanks VW electronics!!!

However I still have a huge smile and don't regret it at all. Come back to me after I have to replace the CCBs and I'm sure I'm be crying. ;)