Incoming

HannibalACP82

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mods can we move this to the Audi section or Other Cars? I want to keep updating it with my impressions on the car and documenting the fixes/repairs I have to do. Thanks!

Congrats again Hannibal. Glad you and your wife are smiling. Don't beat yourself up too much about the financials. You can always make back the money, but you cannot make up for lost times/memories. Enjoy in good health. Happy for you!

Congrats again Hannibal. Glad you and your wife are smiling. Don't beat yourself up too much about the financials. You can always make back the money, but you cannot make up for lost times/memories. Enjoy in good health. Happy for you!

No worries at all. Just enjoying the car and so glad we bought it. Need to get some moor issues cleaned and then we are cooking with fire!

• 2 weeks later...

Cars in for 60k service. 3k AED for the service and another 1K each for the detail and a new key. They are also going to fix the one speaker and the power trunk. All the staff were swooning over the car and when they got it up on the lift they told me it was immaculate.

I also did a school run last week and I have to say all school runs should be done in v10 rocket ships. Kids wouldn't stop giggle as we hit 220 on the way back at one point. They also told me to crank the tunes which is very easy to do with that B&O system.

Damn I love this car.

Mods can we move this to the Audi section or Other Cars? I want to keep updating it with my impressions on the car and documenting the fixes/repairs I have to do. Thanks!

Bump.

Cars in for 60k service. 3k AED for the service and another 1K each for the detail and a new key. They are also going to fix the one speaker and the power trunk. All the staff were swooning over the car and when they got it up on the lift they told me it was immaculate.

I also did a school run last week and I have to say all school runs should be done in v10 rocket ships. Kids wouldn't stop giggle as we hit 220 on the way back at one point. They also told me to crank the tunes which is very easy to do with that B&O system.

Damn I love this car.

Awesome! Gotta love 140mph school runs.

Awesome! Gotta love 140mph school runs.

If you haven't picked yours up from school in the Lambo I highly recommend it. Way too much fun.

Lololololol The Dealer wants $770 (2800 AED) for a new glove box because there is a crack on the inside. That amount and the other various "things they found wrong" totaled up to 27k AED.

Got to love playing with the big boys now.

Ordered the Ross-Tech tool today and my 5 year subscription to AllDataDIY for the repair manual. Also ordered up the B&O tweeter so that I can fix that issue. $275 with shipping vs $750 for the dealer to do it!

• 3 weeks later...

Damn do I love this car. Even the wife is falling in love with it. The engine sounds so good and the power is there when you need it! The F1 race has traffic all jacked up around us right now and if I see an opening I just flick the wheel and gun it and suddenly I am transported to that spot.

Plus I went and got better insurance for it over the week (that's a story for later but my Syrian heritage helped a ton in closing that deal...got to love how things work over here) and the agent thought it was a 14 or 15. When I showed them the paperwork and they realized it was an 08 they were beside themselves.

post-24965-1448644416_thumb.jpg

post-24965-1448644486_thumb.jpg

I need to put the car seats in. The youngest thinks the car is a sofa for him to spread out on.

post-24965-1448645003_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Finally snapped a few more pics of the Audi today. Trying to get a few buddies together to do a shoot over at Yas Marina. These will have to do for now.

Enjoy!

She is clean but even if she was dirty you wouldn't be able to tell. The beauty of silver!

post-24965-1450462273_thumb.jpg

Freshly washed and looking good!

post-24965-1450462292_thumb.jpg

Simply timeless. I think I happen to own two of the most timeless designs. Sculpted. Handsome. Masculine. Bold but classy.

#S8 and S2000

post-24965-1450462317_thumb.jpg

Brawn.

post-24965-1450462343_thumb.jpg

Man those wheels look great.

post-24965-1450462366_thumb.jpg

Love this shot of the massive Carbon Ceramic Rotors!

post-24965-1450462387_thumb.jpg

The standard S/RS silver satin mirrors blend in a lot on the silver but those who know....know.

post-24965-1450462402_thumb.jpg

That says it all.

post-24965-1450462417_thumb.jpg

Rare spotting another v10 that is NA on the road out here. We may be built for different purposes but you have to respect the v10.

post-24965-1450462441_thumb.jpg

Best limo of all time!

post-24965-1450462458_thumb.jpg

Been trying to post this pic since I took it last night out on Yas Island. Have a bunch more too but this is my favorite.

post-24965-1450590150_thumb.jpg

Cool pix. Thx for sharing. Glad you're having fun. Kids look all comfy back there. Our daughter hates the M4. She'd rather ride the minivan :(

Cool pix. Thx for sharing. Glad you're having fun. Kids look all comfy back there. Our daughter hates the M4. She'd rather ride the minivan :(

Tell me the minivan has a DVD system and that is why. Otherwise you need to sell the minivan stat while there is still time for her to be molded.

;)

We need more pics of your M3. I love the color combo.

Tell me the minivan has a DVD system and that is why. Otherwise you need to sell the minivan stat while there is still time for her to be molded.

;)

We need more pics of your M3. I love the color combo.

No DVD, minivan came with the bare essentials. Wife will not let go of the minivan, but makes me daily drive it :eusa_wall:

Don't have too many pics of the M4...

m4a.jpg

m4.jpg

No DVD, minivan came with the bare essentials. Wife will not let go of the minivan, but makes me daily drive it :eusa_wall:

Don't have too many pics of the M4...

post-10001-1450623824_thumb.jpg

post-10001-1450623837_thumb.jpg

I can't help you there buddy! At least you have the M4 and the Scud inbound. Those are two cars that are classic (I think the M4 is better looking than anything BMW has put out in the last 20 years with the exception of the i8). As is it is a tremendous improvement in the old M3 coupe. They looked disjointed especially behind the door.

I also think that color will be Laguna Seca Blue 2.0. Looks stunning.

It is what it is. The back seats of a three series are great if you don't have legs.

• 6 months later...

Car continues to be a favorite of mine and despised by the wife (too big for her). I ended up doing some minor maintenance myself (replaced a B&O Tweeter) and tried to fix an HVAC issue. The HVAC blower wasn't working and was popping a code in VCDS and I correctly diagnosed the fan as being burnt out but was unsure of whether or not the HVAC Contol Module was bad. 2 hours in a 100F garage and I was able to get to the control module just to discover that my DMM was bad. Note to self...don't just turn on the DMM but also try to use it before starting work.

Next weekend I came home to tackle the job again and one of the air suspension struts was leaking so I called it a day and took it to a mechanic to fix. Ever since then the car continues to pile up the miles and the smiles which brings me to my question.

Has anyone every imported a car and federalized it? I desperately want to bring this car back to the states! I am going to start reaching out to the names on the DOT list but I was hoping an LPer had experience and could recommend a 1 stop shop for importing, federalizing and registering the car.

Contact Mark Fromm at FrommAmerica. He does it all

He was referred by a close friend who used to import several cars every year from Europe.

Another friend is using him to ship his GT3 to Belgium to drive circuits for 6 mo across Europe.

http://frommamerica.com/

Good luck!

Contact Mark Fromm at FrommAmerica. He does it all

He was referred by a close friend who used to import several cars every year from Europe.

Another friend is using him to ship his GT3 to Belgium to drive circuits for 6 mo across Europe.

http://frommamerica.com/

Good luck!

Cake you are the best!

I used to remember Dick Fritz and/or Dick Merritt were the guys who specialized in federalizing/importing of exotics. Not sure if they're even around anymore.

Glad you got a lead from Cake, Hannibal.....the S8 looks really nice!

From Ronin till now, I'd have to say the S8 is my favorite Audi sedan.