Any road bikers here?

MrDoctor

F8 is very nice

Right up there with the s works vias

I just can't do those integrated brakes man. The Specialized is a faster bike in the tunnel, but it is also 2 pounds heavier. I am a little dude, so I can use the weight reduction. That said, I would take one if someone would give it to me.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just can't do those integrated brakes man. The Specialized is a faster bike in the tunnel, but it is also 2 pounds heavier. I am a little dude, so I can use the weight reduction. That said, I would take one if someone would give it to me.

im not a fan of proprietary integration as it limits swapping out parts.

And if you have a problem(in mexico I am bound to have them) you special order and wait.

Its why I love my cannondale: straight light, and completely adaptable to what I want.

im not a fan of proprietary integration as it limits swapping out parts.

And if you have a problem(in mexico I am bound to have them) you special order and wait.

Its why I love my cannondale: straight light, and completely adaptable to what I want.

My buddy has been trying to get me to buy a EVO High Mod from him for months. They have a new one that comes with eTap that is pretty hot. Just not sure that is what I want. I have always liked them though. I have quite a few friends that love them.

Those were the paint jobs on the Olympic bikes. Special paint.

The new Specialized aluminum bike is the Allex Sprint I believe. They offer it with a 1x11 setup as well as a double. It is their "SmartWeld" technology, supposed to be pretty nice. My buddy rides for Axeon Hagens Berman and they are sponsored, he loves the Tarmac S Works they gave him. He rode the under 23 Paris Roubaix and was in the break until 10k to go when they crashed on the cobbles. Specialized sent them all brand new Roubaix S Works bikes, full cadre of wheels and 28c tires. He said the bike was amazing. My buddies don't sell Specialized, if they did, I would have one.

Here is what I am planning for my next purchase. I might sell one of my watches to buy it. I'm in love.

Screen_Shot_2016_08_07_at_4.25.05_PM.png

YES!

We are all about Pinarello around here... :icon_super:

My old 65.1 as it's being packaged to ship to a new owner...

Dogma65.1.jpg

New K8-S

K8_S.jpg

F8 MyWay

MyWay.jpg

Wife's Bike

Wife_s_bike.jpg

PM me know if you decide to get an F8, I might be able to help.

YES!

We are all about Pinarello around here... :icon_super:

My old 65.1 as it's being packaged to ship to a new owner...

Dogma65.1.jpg

New K8-S

K8_S.jpg

F8 MyWay

MyWay.jpg

Wife's Bike

Wife_s_bike.jpg

PM me know if you decide to get an F8, I might be able to help.

I love that Team Sky colorway. Man, do you love it? I rode a Think2 bike in a regular Dogma and I was hooked. They launched that eTap bike that was all red a few months ago, then changed the colorway to the one I posted. I like the one that came up with for '17 way better than the old one. I have to admit, I need that bike in my life. I ride a Scott FOIL now, and just sold my Fuji Transonic. I have had a ton of bikes, but I have always wanted one of these. Current ride attached.

IMG_1167.JPG

I love that Team Sky colorway. Man, do you love it? I rode a Think2 bike in a regular Dogma and I was hooked. They launched that eTap bike that was all red a few months ago, then changed the colorway to the one I posted. I like the one that came up with for '17 way better than the old one. I have to admit, I need that bike in my life. I ride a Scott FOIL now, and just sold my Fuji Transonic. I have had a ton of bikes, but I have always wanted one of these. Current ride attached.

IMG_1167.JPG

Great looking ride you have there!

To answer your question.. Yes! Yes! And Yes! I love the feel, love the ride!

I have a Cannondale Hi-Mod from '14 I believe (it's the Ann. edition or something with a retro paint scheme) with Di2 and Enve wheels. Thinking about selling it, just haven't really ridden it much.

Have something new in the works on the way

Some very nice bikes in here. These two are not mine, they are my stepdad's bikes. I never got into road bikes, MTN bikes are more my taste, but I can certainly appreciate the technology and engineering that goes into these road bikes. Besides, for the kind of money you can spend on a road bike, I would rather buy a nice motorcycle. :icon_mrgreen:

This photo is old as the Dogma is done, my stepdad was hit by a teenage girl not paying attention. Long story short he was very rough looking but only broken bones were a finger and then jaw/cheek bone fracture. He is ok, but the concussion is still affecting him 6+ months later. I am sure on top of all the medical bills her insurance company didn't like getting the bill to replace the bike, good news is they paid out full replacement $ of a new Dogma and not depreciated value of his couple year old bike.

As amazing as the a Dogma is, the Venge is simply insane. It is a work of art and it is a mind trip when you pick up these bikes and your brain is telling your muscles they will have to work a little, then you pick it up and it feels as if you have a piece of card board in your hand.

Ride safe out there.

post-9308-1470711341_thumb.jpg

Rouleur, are you the Chris C that also brokers exotics?

Yes, amongst other things. You and I had lunch a few years ago, with Jason Heffner. Hope you're doing well man.

I want a Venge so bad! Such a sexy bike :monkeyleft:

Would buy one asap then send it to Ron Jones!!

Who else is familiar with his work? https://www.instagram.com/notenoughswedes/

I have never seen his work. Looks nice. If I custom paint a bike, it will go here http://hottubes.com/custom-paint as they sponsor the biggest and best junior development team in the country. That said, I love custom paint on bikes, I just have never done it. Some of the guys that do it are amazing. I want to make a homage frame to Mark Cavendish's Scott FOIL from the High Road days. He had some painted like a WWII bomber that were so awesome.

Cool to see a few people on the forum ride. If you are ever in GA, let me know, I will take you around.

Some very nice bikes in here. These two are not mine, they are my stepdad's bikes. I never got into road bikes, MTN bikes are more my taste, but I can certainly appreciate the technology and engineering that goes into these road bikes. Besides, for the kind of money you can spend on a road bike, I would rather buy a nice motorcycle. :icon_mrgreen:

This photo is old as the Dogma is done, my stepdad was hit by a teenage girl not paying attention. Long story short he was very rough looking but only broken bones were a finger and then jaw/cheek bone fracture. He is ok, but the concussion is still affecting him 6+ months later. I am sure on top of all the medical bills her insurance company didn't like getting the bill to replace the bike, good news is they paid out full replacement $ of a new Dogma and not depreciated value of his couple year old bike.

As amazing as the a Dogma is, the Venge is simply insane. It is a work of art and it is a mind trip when you pick up these bikes and your brain is telling your muscles they will have to work a little, then you pick it up and it feels as if you have a piece of card board in your hand.

Ride safe out there.

image.jpeg

That is nice stuff. Sorry to hear about your Dad. Hope he is on the mend. It is dangerous out there. Distracted driving and everyone in some sort of hurry now a days. Head on a swivel. I started to ride MTB again this last year. I am going to pick up a Cannondale Team Issue hard tail with a Lefty. Looking forward to it. My buddy is racing Leadville this weekend on the one he just got. Sick.

Damn, I just realized who Rouleur is; he gave me my first Gallardo drive in a new SE in '05 or '06 in ATL. That wound up costing me a lot of money over the next several years, lol. Now I know who to reach out to for bike advice too. :D Hope you're doing well Chris!

Damn, I just realized who Rouleur is; he gave me my first Gallardo drive in a new SE in '05 or '06 in ATL. That wound up costing me a lot of money over the next several years, lol. Now I know who to reach out to for bike advice too. :D Hope you're doing well Chris!

Hey Ronnie, thanks man, I am doing alright. Kind of in the middle of a crisis of figuring out what I want to be when I grow up. That was a great day for both of us man, you got to ride in a car you eventually bought and I got to meet a great family. I changed my screen name because everyone on the board thought I still worked at Lamborghini Atlanta, and it got a little old. I was trying to transition away from that side of the business and I didn't want to confuse people on the board. The place has since been sold to another owner this past week, it was a little bit sad for me. I felt like I still had a cornerstone at the place, now it is going corporate.

I have been riding bikes for over 30 years now, racing and leisurely riding. If you should ever happen to have a question, I am a good resource! I am currently trying to learn the car market again, and a bit has changed. Still fun though. Great to hear from you man, keep in touch!

What does everyone use for tracking their rides?

I'm thinking about pairing up some Wahoo sensors with my phone and Strava. I always have my phone on me, so it makes the most sense. Don't want to add a cycle computer and carry my phone. Already have a quad lock for my bike.

What does everyone use for tracking their rides?

I'm thinking about pairing up some Wahoo sensors with my phone and Strava. I always have my phone on me, so it makes the most sense. Don't want to add a cycle computer and carry my phone. Already have a quad lock for my bike.

Phone is 700 bucks, a Garmin is 350 and wont break on impact. I use a Garmin 500, I have had it for 5 years no issues. You can buy the refurbished for 100 bucks usually. The data is far more accurate than the Strava app. You just pull the computer after the ride, dock it, and upload to the site. Far more reliable data if you are into that sort of thing. Do you have a Wahoo Kickr? Do you use Zwift?

Get the computer man, only advice I can give you. You smash your phone because it is on your stem and it flies off or you dump the bike, you don't want your only means of communication thrashed.

What's up Chris. Good to know that's you and see you around here.

Thanks man! Good to see you back around too. Hope things are well, I am assuming you are still in the same place?

Phone is 700 bucks, a Garmin is 350 and wont break on impact. I use a Garmin 500, I have had it for 5 years no issues. You can buy the refurbished for 100 bucks usually. The data is far more accurate than the Strava app. You just pull the computer after the ride, dock it, and upload to the site. Far more reliable data if you are into that sort of thing. Do you have a Wahoo Kickr? Do you use Zwift?

Get the computer man, only advice I can give you. You smash your phone because it is on your stem and it flies off or you dump the bike, you don't want your only means of communication thrashed.

No kickr or zwift. Do you have those ? Because those two are awesome. Def. A goal of mine to have a zwift setup.

I'm not huge into data. I would mainly use it on the trainer when it starts to rain for sufferfest or YouTube training videos.

Good points.

Hey Ronnie, thanks man, I am doing alright. Kind of in the middle of a crisis of figuring out what I want to be when I grow up. That was a great day for both of us man, you got to ride in a car you eventually bought and I got to meet a great family. I changed my screen name because everyone on the board thought I still worked at Lamborghini Atlanta, and it got a little old. I was trying to transition away from that side of the business and I didn't want to confuse people on the board. The place has since been sold to another owner this past week, it was a little bit sad for me. I felt like I still had a cornerstone at the place, now it is going corporate.

I have been riding bikes for over 30 years now, racing and leisurely riding. If you should ever happen to have a question, I am a good resource! I am currently trying to learn the car market again, and a bit has changed. Still fun though. Great to hear from you man, keep in touch!

That was a great day indeed, and yes it was the screen name change that I missed out on as I remember you being on the forum but not under that name. Sorry to hear that about LA, but hopefully they'll still be able to provide something resembling the personal touch that you had. I have no idea how things were behind the scenes, but you certainly seemed like you loved what you were you were doing. Great to hear from you as well!

That was a great day indeed, and yes it was the screen name change that I missed out on as I remember you being on the forum but not under that name. Sorry to hear that about LA, but hopefully they'll still be able to provide something resembling the personal touch that you had. I have no idea how things were behind the scenes, but you certainly seemed like you loved what you were you were doing. Great to hear from you as well!

I've been gone for a long time. They have been an account of mine in some form or another since I left though. I have a great relationship with them and think very highly of them. I hope that they are able to keep the same theme going under the new stewardship. I have heard great things about the new owners, I hope they ring true as I have friends that work there.

I did love what I did, but the hours were too much at the time, and I had a brand new baby. I needed a new direction. Now I am somewhat working my way back. I will find a new challenge, that said, my biggest challenge was taking a year off my bike last year and trying to lose the weight and get my legs going again this year. I has been a real challenge due to age and driving a lot of miles in my car last year (40k+). Thinking of moving if the right opportunity presents itself, as long as it is somewhere I can ride my bike and enjoy it, and California is on my radar.

I actually thought about you the other day when i drove through Tennessee and your town, I took the long way up to Arlington, VA to lay my grandparents in their final resting place at Arlington National Cemetery. Glad to see you are doing well man, maybe next time you are in town look me up. Love to say hey again!

I've been gone for a long time. They have been an account of mine in some form or another since I left though. I have a great relationship with them and think very highly of them. I hope that they are able to keep the same theme going under the new stewardship. I have heard great things about the new owners, I hope they ring true as I have friends that work there.

I did love what I did, but the hours were too much at the time, and I had a brand new baby. I needed a new direction. Now I am somewhat working my way back. I will find a new challenge, that said, my biggest challenge was taking a year off my bike last year and trying to lose the weight and get my legs going again this year. I has been a real challenge due to age and driving a lot of miles in my car last year (40k+). Thinking of moving if the right opportunity presents itself, as long as it is somewhere I can ride my bike and enjoy it, and California is on my radar.

I actually thought about you the other day when i drove through Tennessee and your town, I took the long way up to Arlington, VA to lay my grandparents in their final resting place at Arlington National Cemetery. Glad to see you are doing well man, maybe next time you are in town look me up. Love to say hey again!

Wow I can't even imagine what going to Arlington would be like--that would make an emotional occasion even more so. The bike craze has really been on the uptick here in NE TN, which is a great thing overall, but we're also starting to see bikers out on our local versions of Tail of the Dragon (which itself is pretty close by). While I can understand the appeal of climbing steep, curvy mountain roads, I also think they're nuts, as everyone knows fast cars and motorcycles go there to play, and it's just a matter of time until someone takes a blind curve at 40-50 mph and runs the heck over one or more of the bikers. It has definitely slowed me down some as I don't want that someone to be me! Let me know if you're ever up this way again!

Side track of this thread. Bike related. On 8/9/2016 My custom Davidson Track was stolen from me in Beverly Hills. This bike was my everything. I was heart broken when it happened.

8/11/2016 I go my bike back. Found it on craigslist. Posted for $300.. Only thing missing was the 4year old Cetma and my pedals. Meet up with the kid, heroin addict white mid 20's. Gave the bike up easy, didn't make a scene.

Here is a picture for you guys( sorry was the best I could do)

http://imgur.com/a/m1MNg

So happy. Shows it can happen anywhere and everywhere. I never thought it wouldn't happen in Beverly Hills. (Rodeo and Wilshire)