Any road bikers here?

MrDoctor

Side track of this thread. Bike related. On 8/9/2016 My custom Davidson Track was stolen from me in Beverly Hills. This bike was my everything. I was heart broken when it happened.

8/11/2016 I go my bike back. Found it on craigslist. Posted for $300.. Only thing missing was the 4year old Cetma and my pedals. Meet up with the kid, heroin addict white mid 20's. Gave the bike up easy, didn't make a scene.

Here is a picture for you guys( sorry was the best I could do)

http://imgur.com/a/m1MNg

So happy. Shows it can happen anywhere and everywhere. I never thought it would happen in Beverly Hills. (Rodeo and Wilshire)

Glad you got it back. I get so paranoid about theft (this is why we can't have nice things)

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Glad you got it back. I get so paranoid about theft (this is why we can't have nice things)

Davidson is an amazing bike. My old boss had one, I was in love with it. His had a full C Record gruppo from the late 80's with the large flange track hubs. Stunning. I can still picture it when I think about it. Glad you got the bike back, my sister left my first bike in front of my garage after borrowing it without my permission, I still wish I could get it back.

Side track of this thread. Bike related. On 8/9/2016 My custom Davidson Track was stolen from me in Beverly Hills. This bike was my everything. I was heart broken when it happened.

8/11/2016 I go my bike back. Found it on craigslist. Posted for $300.. Only thing missing was the 4year old Cetma and my pedals. Meet up with the kid, heroin addict white mid 20's. Gave the bike up easy, didn't make a scene.

Here is a picture for you guys( sorry was the best I could do)

http://imgur.com/a/m1MNg

So happy. Shows it can happen anywhere and everywhere. I never thought it wouldn't happen in Beverly Hills. (Rodeo and Wilshire)

if i was a thief i would go to beverly hills not watts

if i was a thief i would go to beverly hills not watts

LOL.

I remember I had a Specialized stump jumper. I needed to run into a store really quick, so I left it out front. Boom, gone. It happened so fast.

Another time, someone let the air out of my tires. That sucked, I had no pump, not one nearby either.

I'm paranoid now. I don't lock up my bike in any public place.

• 3 weeks later...

once again, car and bike manufacturers combining their skills

Marcus is one of the best, and Aston.........well they are pretty good too.

The components and frame yielding 13 lbs is not bad considering its not using the lightest cranks or wheels.

But them brakes are very nice.

Price......$20,000 if you can find one at only 77 total production.

post-9296-1472774768.png

Shit that's a lot of scratch for a road bike! I remember in late 90's when I was working at a shop, we got a Colnago Ferrari edition with the first Campy Record carbon group. That thing was near $10k and we thought it was absurd at the time.

It was more than 2x the price of my Saeco Cannondale team bike (Same groupo) at the time.

I miss that C-Dale.

Shit that's a lot of scratch for a road bike! I remember in late 90's when I was working at a shop, we got a Colnago Ferrari edition with the first Campy Record carbon group. That thing was near $10k and we thought it was absurd at the time.

It was more than 2x the price of my Saeco Cannondale team bike (Same groupo) at the time.

I miss that C-Dale.

I remember that bike (The Ferrari)!

$17k is crazy for that bike. So was the Specialized/McLaren Tarmac.

I mean, I could totally justify it if I actually flown in, was fitted to the bike, custom build, etc.

Still though. I'm not too sure if a bike like that makes much of a difference. And even to me, it looks too plain for the $.

$12-$15k seems reasonable for a "Designer" bike, considering the best of the best bikes will maybe run you $10k. Add in a little brand flair, and I can see how you can get that figure...I guess.

It has all gotten to the point of idiocy. Spending 8-10k on a bike is very easy to do these days. Then China knocks the frame off for 450 bucks 6-12 months later. As for the Aston bike, that bike is sweet, but it isn't all that light. My bike, with power meter and a set of 808 older model non firecrest Zipp wheels is 14 pounds. If I had the 303 NSW wheels off that bike, a Red crank, and I didn't have allow bars and a monster carbon stem, it would be sub 14 pounds all day.

It has all gotten to the point of idiocy. Spending 8-10k on a bike is very easy to do these days. Then China knocks the frame off for 450 bucks 6-12 months later. As for the Aston bike, that bike is sweet, but it isn't all that light. My bike, with power meter and a set of 808 older model non firecrest Zipp wheels is 14 pounds. If I had the 303 NSW wheels off that bike, a Red crank, and I didn't have allow bars and a monster carbon stem, it would be sub 14 pounds all day.

I thought about doing a Chinese Carbon frame bike.

Until the head tube snaps off.

Yup. So. I didn't. :lol2:

I mean. Why would you anyway? You can get killer deals on used frame sets/bikes if you look hard enough. A good kind of killer deal :D

What is everyone's opinion of Lance?

I think he was good for the sport. I didn't follow cycling hard core at the time, but he was just a passionate freak. Love him or hate him, he had the heart of a champion, and utterly dominated.

What is everyone's opinion of Lance?

I think he was good for the sport. I didn't follow cycling hard core at the time, but he was just a passionate freak. Love him or hate him, he had the heart of a champion, and utterly dominated.

He is a piece of shit lying egomaniac. He should run for president.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from Interbike..saw some nice new braking systems there..and nice carbon stuff, more new tech though in the e bike areas, nice set up even though upside down!

J, it is so light it is sitting on the ceiling! Haha! I have been lusting after a new F8, but Cannondale just came out with some sick incentives on their remaining 2016 inventory, so I might pick up a high mod and a new MTB. Can't figure out if that is the right call or not, but I know the bike is an amazing machine.

I missed interbike again this year. I had two buddies go and they said it was pretty ok. Next year it is moving to SLC, so it might be cool to go check it out again in a different city.

my cannonade is tight, stiff, and light.

My favorite bike ever is my Fondest Topcarbon

I lust after the new Storck and the Ax Lightness frames

The components are all interchangeable and you can go as light as you want.

I am a big rider at 190 cm and 85 kilos so I can't go too light in some areas

my cannonade is tight, stiff, and light.

My favorite bike ever is my Fondest Topcarbon

I lust after the new Storck and the Ax Lightness frames

The components are all interchangeable and you can go as light as you want.

I am a big rider at 190 cm and 85 kilos so I can't go too light in some areas

Is that where the user name comes from?

That is a nice bike, love the all black look!