Ferrari F430 Scuderia

RobberBaron

Hello everyone,

Recently I have been looking into a few different cars and one of them is the F430 Scud. If I am not mistaken, there are a few people on here with one or a 16M. I want to know what you guys think about the car. I have always preferred the 430 to the 458 b/c it has always looked more muscular to me. Interior isn't bad, but the 458 is better. I like the exterior changes of the Scuderia compared to the standard F430. The back end with the dual pipes is just badass. I HATE that it doesn't have a manual tranny. I haven't heard bad things about the F1 tranny though, but you guys with the regal F430s and the Scuderias would know way better than me. I think they will follow the appreciation path of the 360 Challenges, what do you all feel? I am just looking for general info and opinions on the car. I am a Lambo guy over Ferrari, but I do really like the Scuderia.

Cheers,

RobberBaron

Hi Rob, I'm a Ferrari guy trying desperately to find a Lambo, specifically a clean Murcie.

Well, I have a 16M and before it had a 430 spider. I do like the 430 design element as it seems to sharpen the 360 design; I'm not a fan of the 458 as it seems too angular in certain areas. I feel the Scud design will be timeless as will be the CS design.

So how does it drive? Ferrari's always feel so "light" in the way they drive. The power delivery and handling feel extremely light. I don't feel the power and torque as I do in my V12VS or CGT. The handling also feels very light and responsive, although I do think my 16M understeers - probably just need to adjust the suspension accordingly.

One of the most unique things about the Scud is the Superfast 2 F1 tranny which shifts gears in 60ms - the fastest SCT in a mass production car. You really feel a bang with each shift - very visceral. DCT is a bit banal to me.

As far as the market is concerned, the Scud could be had for $180k a year ago but now prices are in the low to mid $200k's. I feel that they will follow the appreciation curve of the CS which were $150k a year ago and are now asking around $300k. All the NA limited edition SCT cars will have a special place in history.

I have 17K miles on my car and I'll put many more miles on it - it's a driver's car for sure.

430Scud is one of the only modern F cars that does it for me. Love it. Friends that own them love it.

They are only going to go up in value. The rawness of the car is what makes it so special.

Ronnie the photog on here bough a 430 and has a thread on it. He LOVES it and has done a ton of mods/tweaks to make it perfect for him.

430Scud is one of the only modern F cars that does it for me. Love it. Friends that own them love it.

They are only going to go up in value. The rawness of the car is what makes it so special.

I have to agree. I Love the scud... I actually also love the CS and Special... the only F cars that do it for me. And they are only going up

I only know 1 person with a scud, and he loves it.

Never drove one before, but always loved them. Time is now if you can find a good deal on one! Or else the entry to get one down the road will just be ludicrous, like the CGT. Who knows right?

Thank you for all of the replies!!! I appreciate them. Like many of you, I am a huge Lambo guy and most Ferraris don't do it for me (compared to their Lambo counterparts). That being said, many of the same cars that appeal to you appeal to me. I have never actually driven a Ferrari, just ridden in a friends 458 and it was a lot of fun. The biggest thing I don't like about the Scud is the F1 tranny. As people on here have said, it sounds like it is a great tranny and still has the nice kick of a single clutch transmission. That being said, the car would be more of a fun investment then anything else. I will put a link to the two that appeal to me right now. The other two cars I am looking at is the SLS AMG (they seem to be going up in value and are a sick car) and a really clean LP or Pre-LP stick Gallardo. What are your opinions on the appreciation of those two compared to the Scuderia?

Scud 1: Millage and # of owners concern me, but it looks clean and has a clean title. I think paying this price for a Scud in a few years will look like a steal too.

http://www.metrolinaautogroup.com/2008_Fer...C_257871423.veh

Scud 2: Has an accident, but apparently was only a touchup and not really an accident (still concerns me a bit). I like the way this one looks better too.

http://www.pmc-detroit.com/detail-2008-fer...d-13892374.html

Thoughts on either car are appreciated.

The F430 Scud is the best bang-for-buck supercar in my opinion. Raw V8 with 3 stage racing exhaust standard, looks good sounds epic and is a blast to drive. Def worth picking up.

I have never been behind the wheel of a Scud but I have had some experience riding shotgun and it's an amazing car. Such a raw sound and feel to it, definitely something you don't get from many cars today.

I don't know of any good Scud examples to recommend but on the topic of a really clean LP stick Gallardo here is one currently at Lamborghini Newport Beach. I know the previous owner (one-owner car) and it is in immaculate condition.

http://www.lambonb.com/inventory/2012-lamb...gu5bvxcla11836/

I would suggest you drive one as they are shockingly slow by today's standards. On the road, regardless of handling prowess, I think you need a little straight line speed.

I have never been behind the wheel of a Scud but I have had some experience riding shotgun and it's an amazing car. Such a raw sound and feel to it, definitely something you don't get from many cars today.

I don't know of any good Scud examples to recommend but on the topic of a really clean LP stick Gallardo here is one currently at Lamborghini Newport Beach. I know the previous owner (one-owner car) and it is in immaculate condition.

http://www.lambonb.com/inventory/2012-lamb...gu5bvxcla11836/

Oh my god is that a pretty car! I will call first thing in the morning on that. Wow, just wow. I am a Lambo guy no doubt, but as far as investments go, I think the Scud is a guaranteed home run.

I currently own a pre-lp 6 speed manul gallardo and have also driven a LP 6 speed manual and there is a huge difference between the two cars. In short i did not like the lp manuals as the shifting is far too smooth and has taken the rawness out of it. In the prelp stick shifting is raw and you get a real and much better feel for the car and the power. The lp stick is almost a Cadillac compared to the prelp stick. I definitely think for the true old school enthusiast the prelp manul is the way to go.

I currently own a pre-lp 6 speed manul gallardo and have also driven a LP 6 speed manual and there is a huge difference between the two cars. In short i did not like the lp manuals as the shifting is far too smooth and has taken the rawness out of it. In the prelp stick shifting is raw and you get a real and much better feel for the car and the power. The lp stick is almost a Cadillac compared to the prelp stick. I definitely think for the true old school enthusiast the prelp manul is the way to go.

A close family member of mine has a pre-lp stick Gallardo and the car is great. I just like the LPs, b/c they are so much rarer and will appreciate IMO.

I'll take a stab at leaving a reply on this topic as I also own a Scud. No doubt the Scud won't win any drag races against today's offerings. But in its own right the Scud is still a wonderful machine. This is a car about feedback and senses, much like the current 991 GT3 is. You don't buy either car to drag race a Huracan or 650S. Instead this is a car that rewards you at the track or stick on an S-Line exhaust and go for a cruise. It will bring you back to the idea of what a drivers car is about about in its very essence.

The gear box will give you satisfying feedback. There's a little "snap" as the gear engages giving you the mechanical sensation that a DCT may not. And it certainly isn't slow by any means.

I have a Gallardo SL, GT3, and 997TT, and against these cars the Scud still holds its own. It has its own character and simply put that's what any prospective buyer will be getting. There's a lot of hype about the Scud lately and I don't think there's any false sense in it. As anyone would say, go test drive one to find out for yourself if it fits what you are looking for. It certainly doesn't hurt that its value will most likely appreciate from here on. But that aspect is a bonus compared to having a Scud and the experience it provides.

No comment on how the Scud compares to a standard 430. I've never driven one but heard from everyone who has driven both that the differences are night and day.

Also let me also thank Fiske for fucken convincing me that I need a 650S/12C. All those comparison videos will haunt my wallet. :thefinger:

I'll take a stab at leaving a reply on this topic as I also own a Scud. No doubt the Scud won't win any drag races against today's offerings. But in its own right the Scud is still a wonderful machine. This is a car about feedback and senses, much like the current 991 GT3 is. You don't buy either car to drag race a Huracan or 650S. Instead this is a car that rewards you at the track or stick on an S-Line exhaust and go for a cruise. It will bring you back to the idea of what a drivers car is about about in its very essence.

The gear box will give you satisfying feedback. There's a little "snap" as the gear engages giving you the mechanical sensation that a DCT may not. And it certainly isn't slow by any means.

I have a Gallardo SL, GT3, and 997TT, and against these cars the Scud still holds its own. It has its own character and simply put that's what any prospective buyer will be getting. There's a lot of hype about the Scud lately and I don't think there's any false sense in it. As anyone would say, go test drive one to find out for yourself if it fits what you are looking for. It certainly doesn't hurt that its value will most likely appreciate from here on. But that aspect is a bonus compared to having a Scud and the experience it provides.

No comment on how the Scud compares to a standard 430. I've never driven one but heard from everyone who has driven both that the differences are night and day.

Also let me also thank Fiske for fucken convincing me that I need a 650S/12C. All those comparison videos will haunt my wallet. :thefinger:

Thank you for the detailed reply!! I appreciate it. I listed my Murcie for sale. I don't need to sell it, but I would like to switch into a Scud for a while. I am a Lambo guy through and through and that will never change, but I do want a Scud! :icon_mrgreen:

I'm a Lambo guy as well and will always have at least one variation of the brand in the fleet. Such is to say if you can have both, do it. If you can only have one....that's a torturous decision to have.

Good luck.

I'm a Lambo guy as well and will always have at least one variation of the brand in the fleet. Such is to say if you can have both, do it. If you can only have one....that'll a torturous decision to have.

Good luck.

Thanks! Emotionally I prefer the Murcie, but I want to get onboard the Scud train before it gets too crazy in price. In time I will have one of each.