918 vs Pirelli Aventador

Nuvolari612

Unless the test is done the same day with same driver and identical tires, it is completely irrelevant. And it is irrelevant anyway as both cars are plenty fast and whatever happens on the ring will never be duplicated on the street.

Enjoy both cars for what they are, they are works of art.

well said

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless the test is done the same day with same driver and identical tires, it is completely irrelevant. And it is irrelevant anyway as both cars are plenty fast and whatever happens on the ring will never be duplicated on the street.

Enjoy both cars for what they are, they are works of art.

:iamwithstupid:

This. It should always be seen like this and therefore, end all threads like theese.

Ok those who arrived late to the thread feel free to check the initial post :icon_butt:

Bus driver less than 10 posts in states "false SV ring time" and Unotaz starts dancing to the 918 "the electric slide"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mOY2eWO2qw

Bus Dirver and Unotaz are the two wearing matching outfits. :)

LOL, funny video!

For those of us who had the privilege of owning or driving these 3 hypercars, it doesn't take much to notice that they are in a whole different category compared to the Aventador SV. It's night and day difference.

For those who has never driven these hypercars, and cling on to the thought that they are getting a "bargain" hypercar in the Aventador SV........well, they can keep on drinking that Kool Aide like Nuvolari612 here.

LOL, funny video!

For those of us who had the privilege of owning or driving these 3 hypercars, it doesn't take much to notice that they are in a whole different category compared to the Aventador SV. It's night and day difference.

For those who has never driven these hypercars, and cling on to the thought that they are getting a "bargain" hypercar in the Aventador SV........well, they can keep on drinking that Kool Aide like Nuvolari612 here.

have you driven the new SV? I'm curious to hear your thoughts on the car?

LOL, funny video!

I would rather buy a 50 year old scotch something that I know will age well vs the latest version of Monster drink mixed with vodka.

You are correct - there is a world of difference and that's ok for us low SV owners that don't desire an Energizer Bunny up our ass :)

All kidding aside - the super car has more appeal and I refused the chances at the 918 and P1. The Hyper car is too much for me for the same reason I chose a 360 Challenge car vs the 458 Challenge. The hp torque and so on pass the skills of safety and there simply isn't enough road all you end up doing is driving the car vs the track or spirited road drive where you can stretch the leg of a car in a hyper car things happen too fast and that goes for competitive tracking. I would gladly share a track with super cars and would love you or anyone to show me hyper cars actually running against one another - it's not going to happen and if it does and someone misses their line it's bye bye bunnies. Keep in mind I believe in safety first and no cage no harness no HANS no Thank You.

I have the most fun driving my 69z28 - it's not about the sheer power it's about the quality of seat time and no offense but the turbo's and batteries dual clutches of the world are unappealing.

have you driven the new SV? I'm curious to hear your thoughts on the car?

Yup, driven it on the track when the SV was first launched to the press/media/VIPs and on the road a few times at Pebble and local dealer VIP event. Overall, I really like the SV, just as much as my Aventador coupe. The suspension is now better with the new shocks and added grip from the Corsa is nice. But you need to look extra hard to feel the extra 50hp over the standard coupe since the torque remains the same on both cars. Brake feel is about the same. The new racing seat looks cool but seriously uncomfortable (I prefer the Ferrari or the Porsche bucket seats).

Great car, but not a huge improvement over the standard coupe. It's not in the same level of difference as a 599 GTO vs. 599, or 911 GT2RS vs. Turbo S, or 458 Speciale vs. 458 Italia. I feel Lamborghini didn't go all out on the SV and they are leaving something behind their sleeves for the next special edition of the Aventador, which is a shame.

Yup, driven it on the track when the SV was first launched to the press/media/VIPs and on the road a few times at Pebble and local dealer VIP event. Overall, I really like the SV, just as much as my Aventador coupe. The suspension is now better with the new shocks and added grip from the Corsa is nice. But you need to look extra hard to feel the extra 50hp over the standard coupe since the torque remains the same on both cars. Brake feel is about the same. The new racing seat looks cool but seriously uncomfortable (I prefer the Ferrari or the Porsche bucket seats).

Great car, but not a huge improvement over the standard coupe. It's not in the same level of difference as a 599 GTO vs. 599, or 911 GT2RS vs. Turbo S, or 458 Speciale vs. 458 Italia. I feel Lamborghini didn't go all out on the SV and they are leaving something behind their sleeves for the next special edition of the Aventador, which is a shame.

I ordered the comfort seats just for that reason.. I personally never drove one, but everyone else that has driven the car seems to think lambo knocked it out of the park with the SV. I guess we will see soon enough :icon_thumleft:

That doesn't sound very good, I'd be very disappointed if I couldn't feel a big difference between the SV and the standard Aventador.

What did you think about the tranny?

Oh boy.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/lamborghini/aventador-sv/

That doesn't sound very good, I'd be very disappointed if I couldn't feel a big difference between the SV and the standard Aventador.

What did you think about the tranny?

You can feel the difference for sure, but for me, it's not night and day difference. Throttle response is improved, but overall power is hard to feel the difference. If you haven't owned a regular Aventador, get the SV because it is currently the best version of the Aventador on the market today. If you already own an Aventador, it doesn't make sense (at least to me) to shell out 250-350K large ones to upgrade to the SV because the difference is very small.

The tranny is slightly better, but it still won't give you that nice blip on the downshift in Corsa mode (vs. Sport mode). Compared to the Huracan, the tranny in the Aventador SV is a dinosaur.

You can feel the difference for sure, but for me, it's not night and day difference. Throttle response is improved, but overall power is hard to feel the difference. If you haven't owned a regular Aventador, get the SV because it is currently the best version of the Aventador on the market today. If you already own an Aventador, it doesn't make sense (at least to me) to shell out 250-350K large ones to upgrade to the SV because the difference is very small.

The tranny is slightly better, but it still won't give you that nice blip on the downshift in Corsa mode (vs. Sport mode). Compared to the Huracan, the tranny in the Aventador SV is a dinosaur.

You know the hyper car super car world is pretty limited across the world and I am sure your dealer loves having you as a customer or should I say did.

To post that the SV is ehh a lil better than the standard is a bs statement but who cares but to say this is the best Aventador to date?

You telling me someone at the factory told you the "Aventador owner" knows a "secret" which gives you the right to piss all over SV owners.

Congrats I am sure Lamborghini Italy loves guys like you claiming knowledge of a future project.

You have stated it more than once - then have the nuts to say Ferrari did a better job with the 599 and 458 vs Lamborghini with the Aventador on their lightened track versions.

You are an interesting character I have zero tolerance for this sort of act it's clear you have a lot more issues than track performance.

With all the new SV's this place has near zero driving impressions.

Good bad or indifferent this place has lack of SV owners posting 1100 owners maybe 1% post - yet to hear any real seat time.

Ferrari fag sightings - really so where are the "Raging Bull" SV drivers.

You amaze me. The 599 GTO 458 Italia see the review below. Torque stays about the same you can justify anything you post - lovely!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/lamborghini/aventador-sv/

You telling me someone at the factory told you the "Aventador owner" knows a "secret" which gives you the right to piss all over SV owners.

Congrats I am sure Lamborghini Italy loves guys like you claiming knowledge of a future project.

You have stated it more than once - then have the nuts to say Ferrari did a better job with the 599 and 458 vs Lamborghini with the Aventador on their lightened track versions.

You are an interesting character I have zero tolerance for this sort of act it's clear you have a lot more issues than track performance.

post-6539-1445366544.jpg

post-6539-1445366548_thumb.jpg

post-6539-1445366553_thumb.jpg

post-6539-1445366557.jpg

post-6539-1445366571_thumb.jpg

post-6539-1445366578_thumb.jpg

post-6539-1445366582.jpg

post-6539-1445367268_thumb.jpg

All kidding aside...let's not take this stuff too seriously. All the variations of the Aventador are amazing as it's one of the coolest cars ever made. So far I have owned 4 Aventadors, 1 for each model year, and I love every version.

You know the hyper car super car world is pretty limited across the world and I am sure your dealer loves having you as a customer or should I say did.

To post that the SV is ehh a lil better than the standard is a bs statement but who cares but to say this is the best Aventador to date?

Just because you don't agree with what I am saying doesn't make it not true.

You mentioned a great example on the Ferraris/Porsches. Every special/lightweight version Ferrari is a thorough re-engineering of their existing car. Every RS model from Porsche is a thorough re-engineering of their existing car.. If you can't see that, then you don't really know anything about cars

As for Lamborghini "holding back"....take a look at the engine. How about some direct injection for the SV? Nope? The F12 and the F12 TDF both have it, Lamborghini "chooses" not to have it. Does the SV have a different cam, titanium connecting rods, and other special components compared to the standard Aventador engine? Nope, it has a new exhaust system and a modified engine software. How about bigger brakes and better cooling? I have tracked my Aventador about 4 times a year and every time I'm at the track, the brake would overheat. You think Lamborghini doesn't have the technology like Ferrari to do that? Of course they do, but they are saving it for later versions.

I think you are misquoting me. I am saying the SV is currently the best Aventador to date. It's a compliment, you should be happy. If this is your first Aventador, you made a very good choice. But for owners like me who already owns an existing standard Aventador, I couldn't see the price premium to upgrade and it doesn't feel special enough. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

Congrats to your SV, I'm sure you will love it as much as I do with my standard coupe.

All kidding aside...let's not take this stuff too seriously. All the variations of the Aventador are amazing as it's one of the coolest cars ever made. So far I have owned 4 Aventadors, 1 for each model year, and I love every version.

Technically could have played this in the Veneno/KS thread :icon_mrgreen:

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?...t&id=125979

Congrats! You made Fortis cry. :lol2:

Exactly LOL.

I am really having second thoughts about purchasing the SV, I've order it now so there is no going back, I will just flip it if I don't like it.

Thanks for the feedback, I don't care if it's faster than the 918 etc. The only thing I hope is that it will be a more engaging, visceral driving experience than my Huracan. To be honest, as stated before, the standard Aventador didn't excite me too much, hence why getting worried when I read feedback like yours haha.

Anyway I will see how it is when the car gets here.

fortis I think you will love it! we have two hyper car owners on this board and they both said the SV is incredible and prefer it over the hyper cars in certain situations. almost everyone I know that has driven it all said the same! if it even performs close to the big 3 I will be ecstatic! (especially for the money)

fortis I think you will love it! we have two hyper car owners on this board and they both said the SV is incredible and prefer it over the hyper cars in certain situations. almost everyone I know that has driven it all said the same! if it even performs close to the big 3 I will be ecstatic! (especially for the money)

Thanks brother for reassuring me!

I won't do any more reading into it until I get my paws on the steering wheel and my ass in those carbon buckets!

I've driven a regular Aventador and loved it, even the tranny. For me, I prefer the single over dual clutch...love that whiplash. Can't even begin to imagine what the SV will feel like to drive. Doesn't matter, I'm already enamored with the SV. Sticks and stones...oh...never mind.

SO as long as we are all kidding - aren't you the cute lil poster - White Knight in shining armor to save the day for Unotaz fictional posts.

Not one thing reflected what I posted but making fictional characters to claim fictional posts - gotta give you one thing you are consistent.

Spare me the wah waah waaah Charlie Brown - you are correct in this above post the Aventador is the coolest car on the market!

Figured if you can dish it should be able to take it ... next time add some humor.

Figured if you can dish it should be able to take it ... next time add some humor.

You do realize he owns a 918 and 50th Aventador... right?