Veneno Roadster Flat Out

Nuvolari612

what a clumsy gearbox...jesus, my neck hurt just from watching the video.

16M incoming SV - love hammer shifts vs daily driver porky wet seamless systems.

Aventador Special Editions single clutch offers more of raw race focussed feel.

If the Aventador had a DCT there would be nothing that would touch it for me, I don't buy into the it needs to be clumsy to feel raw, I am pretty sure the Aventador V2 will have one, it has to, big mistake if it won't.

If the Aventador had a DCT there would be nothing that would touch it for me, I don't buy into the it needs to be clumsy to feel raw, I am pretty sure the Aventador V2 will have one, it has to, big mistake if it won't.

Clumsy too me is the old F1's slow 100MS+ shifts.

Pretty sure there is no room for a twin clutch in the AV and guessing the Huracan lighter version will opt for the single clutch to save weight depends on how serious they get for track vs 1/4 mile.

We will have this argument forever - the SV single clutch for me is perfection but then again I won't drive it more than 1000 - 2000 miles a year.

Clumsy too me is the old F1's slow 100MS+ shifts.

Pretty sure there is no room for a twin clutch in the AV and guessing the Huracan lighter version will opt for the single clutch to save weight depends on how serious they get for track vs 1/4 mile.

We will have this argument forever - the SV single clutch for me is perfection but then again I won't drive it more than 1000 - 2000 miles a year.

I used to think like you and then I drove a DCT :icon_mrgreen:

There is no way they will stick a single clutch in the Huracan SL.

Speaking from my experience in the Veneno I am going to have to disagree Fortis. The neck snapping single clutch fits the car perfectly. Brutal shifts for a brutal car. It's the definition of bad to the bone. I do agree there likely won't be a single clutch in the Huracan SL, but while I prefer a dct in most cars, I really do prefer the ISR in the Aventador.

I used to think like you and then I drove a DCT :icon_mrgreen:

There is no way they will stick a single clutch in the Huracan SL.

I had a Mclaren - excellent DCT 1/4 mile launch control all day long but does nothing for me.

Single clutch in the SL - probably correct but the GT3 Huracan's has a three plate clutch is it possible they abort awd.

The SL will either follow the DNA of the road car or race car - if they go race car I am in.

Speaking from my experience in the Veneno I am going to have to disagree Fortis. The neck snapping single clutch fits the car perfectly. Brutal shifts for a brutal car. It's the definition of bad to the bone. I do agree there likely won't be a single clutch in the Huracan SL, but while I prefer a dct in most cars, I really do prefer the ISR in the Aventador.

Comments like this put me at ease with my SV purchase, I just hope that I will feel the same like you when my car gets here, personally I hated the gearbox in the standard Aventador, let's hope the hardcore versions SV/Veneno are tuned differently.

I had a Mclaren - excellent DCT 1/4 mile launch control all day long but does nothing for me.

Single clutch in the SL - probably correct but the GT3 Huracan's has a three plate clutch is it possible they abort awd.

The SL will either follow the DNA of the road car or race car - if they go race car I am in.

McLarens are boring, they don't count :icon_mrgreen:

Go spend some decent time in a Huracan hit Corsa and some twisties try to drive it back to back with a Aventador and then let me know what you think about the DCT.

The SL will follow the road car, no matter what they try to tell you and market it as such road cars are very far detached from their race counterparts.

McLarens are boring, they don't count :icon_mrgreen:

Go spend some decent time in a Huracan hit Corsa and some twisties try to drive it back to back with a Aventador and then let me know what you think about the DCT.

The SL will follow the road car, no matter what they try to tell you and market it as such road cars are very far detached from their race counterparts.

LOL - I have to agree about Mclaren.

I never knew about Huracan until after the SV purchase - the car amazes me just can't figure out why it's never featured on any comparison tests.

SL will be fast no doubt - again I know nothing about Lambo or how serious they take the SL weight reduction and power plant. Looking forward to seeing what it can do - is the SL limited?

The last SL wasn't limited, I don't think this one will be either, anyway Lambo has the tendency to come up with a million different special editions so expect the expected LOL

do you guys think the SV will perform as well as the veneno?

I think the power to weight is pretty close!

SV

The new F12 tdf (ridiculous name) ran 1 full second slower than the ThethetheFerrari at Fiorano.

SV

The new F12 tdf (ridiculous name) ran 1 full second slower than the ThethetheFerrari at Fiorano.

nice! :icon_thumleft: I hope your right!

• 3 weeks later...

Aventador V2?? Can you please elaborate!?!?