Resurrection of Brendan Mannella's LP-560 *Build thread*

Underground Racing

Hahaha

3 years!! I shit you not! 3 fcuking years!

I heard CTD folded and Wiggins ventured out to CA for new business opportunities. Any truth to any of this? Or did CTD relocated to CA?

Supposedly the company moved to CA to manufacture "OEM" parts.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Doesnt Wiggs/CTD have all sorts of Nasa engineers working with them? Im shocked.....

I know several first hand stories about that POS. Doesn't involve this thread.

He is a piece of garbage.

I cannot wait for Brendan to get to enjoy this car. Hopefully he can go to UGR and drive the car some before it heads up to a PA winter.

Mike

Wiggs is the guy who said "UGR is a joke, they are no competition for CTD" or "we are better that them" and things like that because they we're

building that stupid LP2000-2 SVTT Murcielago called The STIG !!

I've heard some UGR guys called him out years ago....even till this day he hasn't run any UGR Lambo/R8/Ferrari.

Nasa engineers ??? Lol...c'mon man don't believe everything you hear about that guy.

He is the joke

Also, NASA Engineers are probably great when it comes to building lunar rovers and logistics for getting a satellite into space. I don't think they know a damn thing about building an efficient turbo Lamborghini.

Also, NASA Engineers are probably great when it comes to building lunar rovers and logistics for getting a satellite into space. I don't think they know a damn thing about building an efficient turbo Lamborghini.

Actually a fluids engineer SHOULD be very good at getting the turbo side to work efficiently. Everything beyond that and you need someone who just specializes in canbus systems and motec integration. That is the part that the engineers will be worthless at, unless they happen to be an EE working for motec, bosch, etc.

Welding all the pipes together is the easy part, which is apparently what Dave took 3 years to come to terms with. :lol2:

The thing I could never figure out is WHY he would even bother trying to open a tuning shop. You can count on one hand the number of shops that make a healthy profit doing it, and that's reaching far outside of the lambo industry as well. For a guy who on the surface had done reasonably well at a young age, I always wondered why he didn't just stick to what obviously worked for him. Unless the thing that worked was spending daddies money. :eusa_think:

I just hope the affected parties aren't out too much money and hopefully can enjoy their cars again very soon.

Well, there's NASA Engineers that work solely on the turbomachinery for some awesome liquids. I wonder how well the avionics group could work a Motec given time and money. I'm sure, worst case, they could probably make something custom built. Of course, knowing government work, it would take 10x the money and 10x the time :)

So this was that original "test" car correct? The "prototype" for CTD if you will. All things aside, it is strange that all this went belly up and he stopped coming around. Nothing against Wiggs personally, but the disappearing act only fuels the flames that CTD apparently went down in....

My comment about the "Nasa Engineers" was pure sarcasm as everything that came out of Wiggs mouth was total BS.

Him and Swill are basically the same, all smoke and mirrors. His shop folded and I would imagine that he doesnt have the stones to show his face around here. Time snuffed him out.

Anyone have the link to the video, it was hilarious, the bullshit spewing from his mouth as unparalleled, next level engineering this/that, then says oh my WIFE picked the shape of the exhaust. hahahaha

edit: found it

hahahaha what a dumbass. The things hes talking about engineering you could figure in reading a mustang forum for 30 minutes. Oh you put bigger throttle bodies on the car? Oh you increased the diameter of the inlet piping? Oh Cold air intake... I mean this is GROUNDBREAKING next level stuff. hahahahahahah what a toolshed

Didn't CTD buy the matte yellow UGR 670SV to take it apart and have a look-see?

I don't think so, I heard that rumor several times. But do no think it is true, not that it was not being considered. I think it ended up in Texas and I believe was just crashed recently.

I don't think so, I heard that rumor several times. But do no think it is true, not that it was not being considered. I think it ended up in Texas and I believe was just crashed recently.

That is a shame if it actually crashed. I believe it was originally built for a customer named Jonah (?), but last saw it for sale at some exotic dealership. Hope it had a better fate than that.

Obviously the guy didn't spend his money on suits!

Cheap and poorly tailored, if tailored at all!