Resurrection of Brendan Mannella's LP-560 *Build thread*

Underground Racing

Hmmm ...

Well I guess it is campaign season ...

Sooooo ... No better time to ... Spin it ...

Nice job ...

It is indeed a pleasure to watch a professional work ...

I'm guessing looking in the mirror must be a real hoot!!!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was informed about this thread and I thought it was important to put some facts to the conjecture, speculation, and down-right bullshit (read: Scottyisms) that's in this thread.

First, the car took too long. I bought into a person's bullshit hook, line, and sinker, and he screwed the pooch like nobody's business. As such, we were left cleaning up one giant mess, both with my car, Brendan's, and others. Life lesson learned the hard way. But you live and you learn.

I'll also say that Brendan is/was (don't know how he views it) a friend and showed a lot of class and patience with the whole process and that is the reason I put so much money into the project personally. He didn't deserve to get screwed because of what someone else did.

When the car left our shop it was making over 1,000AWHP on wastegate pressure and was an absolute beast. Hands down the best sounding G I've ever heard. The only hang-up was that the e-gear system was not happy with the new intake runners being without the tumbler generators. Motec was working on a solution and Brendan was aware of this at the time but the car was definitely drivable. The issue only came into play at take-off.

The car never smoked in the 700+ miles we put on the car prior to delivery. Due to the exhaust being wrapped and the design of the pipes, condensation would collect when it was cool out, and there would be steam (not to be confused with smoke) coming from the exhaust until all the water evaporated.

We did the best we could under the circumstances and, ultimately, I hope Brendan ends up with exactly what he wants, be it from UGR or anyone else. I thought that, minus the e-gear take off issue, his car was amazing when it left CTD. As did a lot of other people.

As far as CTD goes, I don't understand why so many people care so deeply about something that doesn't affect them in any way, shape, or form; however, I guess I should be thankful for it as the huge internet buzz everyone created was the main driver of business and made so much possible.

CTD was created as a shits-and-giggles hobby so that I could finish my car, after it was mutilated by a complete fuckwad, without having to solely take on the expense. It worked. We were fortunate enough to have a manufacturer love an idea enough to green-light it which is prompting us to get out of the performance 'scene' which, quite frankly, is not a way to make sufficient money for me. That's why it was a hobby. The first stage in the evolution of CTD was fun, it got us where we needed to go, and now it's time to move on to bigger and better things. It's not nor ever was even my primary business so, again, not sure why so many people acted like their family's welfare relied upon it.

Kudos to UGR and Heff for keeping up the TT Lambo game; we couldn't be happier with where things have taken us and I hope the same is true for them. :icon_thumleft:

I must say though, the comment that really hurt...the shot at my suit!!! It's a custom, Tom Ford MTM; however, they screwed up my measurements when they flew back to NYC and I didn't know it until I was putting it on at the event! :lol2: I don't make that mistake any more!!!

Nonetheless, thank you truly for the entertainment value of all of this; whether or not you were a hater. I can personally vouch for the expression, "Haters made us famous." I will forever be grateful for all of the doors you opened.

You sir are a piece of low class shit.

I'm sure you signed up to vip membership on a previous customers credit card.

I speak first hand, as I have looked at that abortion first hand.

I hope while your still pushing the stig around that it rolls back over your fat ass.

And just because you have nothing to say other than a typical wiggs bs response ...

Yes, I would say this to your face too.

Be a real class act and give Brendan his money back. Until then, fcuk off.

Mike

He is still being charged for an uncompleted 3yrs downtime on his lambo? Wow that sucks. Id hv returned him all his money n not take a single cent on an umcompleted project.

We are not dealing with a person who cares.

Not to mention I promise every last cent has been spent trying to prove to others that he is something he's not...

We did the best we could under the circumstances and, ultimately, I hope Brendan ends up with exactly what he wants, be it from UGR or anyone else. I thought that, minus the e-gear take off issue, his car was amazing when it left CTD. As did a lot of other people.

As far as CTD goes, I don't understand why so many people care so deeply about something that doesn't affect them in any way, shape, or form; however, I guess I should be thankful for it as the huge internet buzz everyone created was the main driver of business and made so much possible.

CTD was created as a shits-and-giggles hobby so that I could finish my car, after it was mutilated by a complete fuckwad, without having to solely take on the expense. It worked. We were fortunate enough to have a manufacturer love an idea enough to green-light it which is prompting us to get out of the performance 'scene' which, quite frankly, is not a way to make sufficient money for me. That's why it was a hobby. The first stage in the evolution of CTD was fun, it got us where we needed to go, and now it's time to move on to bigger and better things. It's not nor ever was even my primary business so, again, not sure why so many people acted like their family's welfare relied upon it.

Nonetheless, thank you truly for the entertainment value of all of this; whether or not you were a hater. I can personally vouch for the expression, "Haters made us famous." I will forever be grateful for all of the doors you opened.

So let me get this straight.

you got duped by someone building your own car. Then started a company and took money from your "friends" to recoupe your losses and try to salvage your own car. In the process your "friend" obviously wasn't satisfied with the outcome and is sinking who knows how much cash into it again trying to make it work properly.

And to sum it all up, you're here bragging about how allegedly an OE wants you to manufacture parts for them now, how well this accidental company is doing, essentially gloating about how you came out on top while fcuking everyone else along the way.

Did I get all that correct?

NASA

It's...amazing - what offended you the most was a shot at your terrible suit :lol2: although it describes you perfectly.....just a suit.

Aside from the whole goatfu€k of timelines/nasa/stig, the hate was brought on when you started calling Lambo tuners out (UGR and HEFF) for inferior quality and promised a better kit and faster car. Funny, two proven Lambo shops with hundreds of satisfied customers, and some kid with nothing but a pipe dream trashes their work. Can't understand the hate?

You realize that from inception to demise of CTD, you never completed a single project successfully. You failed at every aspect of the tuning business. CTD was literally the Enron of tuners.

btw just cause it's tom ford doesn't mean it's good, go to Savile Row and get a real suit!

I can personally vouch for the expression, "Haters made us famous." I will forever be grateful for all of the doors you opened.

Enjoy your bad reputation for lifetime...

Something doesn't add up here. Car is gone for three years, turbo system is junk, engine is junk, shop who built it no longer exists but allegedly sold something (intellectual property or whatever) so therefore must have some assets. If all of the above are true, why hasn't a good civil litigator put this before a court of competent jurisdiction?

I must say though, the comment that really hurt...the shot at my suit!!! It's a custom, Tom Ford MTM; however, they screwed up my measurements when they flew back to NYC and I didn't know it until I was putting it on at the event! :lol2: I don't make that mistake any more!!!

aww, well just calling it like it is.

If you want, I can hook you up with my guy at the Zegna store on 5th in Manhattan. Like UGR, they'll get it right the first time!

Your getting called a thief, a failure, and the laughing stock of an entire industry, and your response is that it was a hobby for you.... And that it worked. What a joke, You have no oem deal, and no employees left. There is no hope for CTD in any direction. Would you consider your "main business" your leasing company in which you leased cars to three of your employees in hope to guarantee your Total Control. I fully know how terrible of person you are, and how you love to publicly humiliate yourself in an attempt defend your name. But i am suprised that you would respond to such a thread. Do you actually think your cleverly worded response changed anyones view?????I am half ashamed to admit that i am ex employee of covert tuning, the company never had a chance. You cannot put a donkey at the head of a company, spitting ignorance in every direction and expect it to work. Dave was almost out of money when i started working for him three years ago. He was barely scrapping by the entire time. Never had enough money to finish anyones cars, it was always a waiting game. "give me three weeks, and ill have another insurance claim on STIG and we will have rent covered again" " i almost have another loan taken out on my trust fund guys just wait" "I wonder if they will let me refinance the STIG again" "This giant investor is about to give me 20 billion dollars muahhahahaha"

Can you remind me what the HATERS made possible?

Did you ever tell your mom that you started COVERT? i mean if you are going to wait for it to be successful still... i would reconsider

After dedicating my life to his company, personally taking his POS STIG from the dumpster to an actual running and driving car. Building every motor and doing all the fab work for the company, David accuses me of helping a customer get their car out of the shop without paying a giant made up bill. Treated me like i was trader, so i made the best decision of my life and quit. Immediately he began to tell my close friends who still worked for him, lies about me trying to turn them against me. Within two months everyone ended up quitting or getting fired because he had no more money. He gave me a W2 for the year that was about 30% of my salary. The missing section, david was kind enough to "deduct my taxes out". He Stole 8000$ out of my salary over the course of a year, lied on my W2 and did the same thing to every single employee. If your doing so well, why would you have to steal from your "lower class employees"

David has already threatened me law suits, and is desperately trying to hold onto whatever he can at this point. I know you want to sue me, and i don't give a fcuk, I don't have anything to loose. Regardless of Covert being dirty stain of my past, i will continue to grow in this industry where I have a bright future. You will never be anything but a bad joke that never went away. Go home DAVID.....

Your getting called a thief, a failure, and the laughing stock of an entire industry, and your response is that it was a hobby for you.... And that it worked. What a joke, You have no oem deal, and no employees left. There is no hope for CTD in any direction. Would you consider your "main business" your leasing company in which you leased cars to three of your employees in hope to guarantee your Total Control. I fully know how terrible of person you are, and how you love to publicly humiliate yourself in an attempt defend your name. But i am suprised that you would respond to such a thread. Do you actually think your cleverly worded response changed anyones view?????I am half ashamed to admit that i am ex employee of covert tuning, the company never had a chance. You cannot put a donkey at the head of a company, spitting ignorance in every direction and expect it to work. Dave was almost out of money when i started working for him three years ago. He was barely scrapping by the entire time. Never had enough money to finish anyones cars, it was always a waiting game. "give me three weeks, and ill have another insurance claim on STIG and we will have rent covered again" " i almost have another loan taken out on my trust fund guys just wait" "I wonder if they will let me refinance the STIG again" "This giant investor is about to give me 20 billion dollars muahhahahaha"

Can you remind me what the HATERS made possible?

Did you ever tell your mom that you started COVERT? i mean if you are going to wait for it to be successful still... i would reconsider

After dedicating my life to his company, personally taking his POS STIG from the dumpster to an actual running and driving car. Building every motor and doing all the fab work for the company, David accuses me of helping a customer get their car out of the shop without paying a giant made up bill. Treated me like i was trader, so i made the best decision of my life and quit. Immediately he began to tell my close friends who still worked for him, lies about me trying to turn them against me. Within two months everyone ended up quitting or getting fired because he had no more money. He gave me a W2 for the year that was about 30% of my salary. The missing section, david was kind enough to "deduct my taxes out". He Stole 8000$ out of my salary over the course of a year, lied on my W2 and did the same thing to every single employee. If your doing so well, why would you have to steal from your "lower class employees"

David has already threatened me law suits, and is desperately trying to hold onto whatever he can at this point. I know you want to sue me, and i don't give a fcuk, I don't have anything to loose. Regardless of Covert being dirty stain of my past, i will continue to grow in this industry where I have a bright future. You will never be anything but a bad joke that never went away. Go home DAVID.....

Thanks for sharing! Insider scoop is always appreciated.

Wiggins has threatened me too for just posting in the forums about his shanagans on Brendan's Gallardo so I can imagine the threats you're getting. Brendan is a good friend of mine and him and I been in touch since day one on his TTG build at CTD. I didn't want to sahre any details because it was not my place and out of respect for Brendan.

I am very happy on how many times I cancelled on his "deals" he's given me to work on my Lambos.

What I don't understand is why ANY reputable organization like the Italian Stampede would want to be affiliated with this guy and allow him to be a sponsor? Wiggins emailed me to tell me that "you're banned from the Italian Stampede" two years ago like it was my life long dream to partake in that rally! Cmon Wiggins! It is because you're affiliated with that event that I want to have nothing to do with it!

Gotta give the former employee props for registering under his actual name.

+1. DWiggs is a joke we've all known it all along. Will be interesting to see how he spins this latest info

So much hate in this thread. What is the point in bashing an outfit that is longer in business ?

So much hate in this thread. What is the point in bashing an outfit that is longer in business ?

For me, it's because Brendan is a friend. He did not know what he signed up for. Wiggs was a sponsor at a group that I am a member of. Once he fukked Brendan hard and long, we banned him. But there was never anything offered up to Brendan.

Yea, we keep saying the same thing over and over. And I'm sure that POS is laughing about it.

Andy... It's funny you mention CTD at the stampede. I saw that stupid looking diamond on the plate of a White 458. It was a target in my mind... Wanted to ram it just for the hell of it.

LPDADDY... I know you're a moderator, and you have to step in when we get out of line... And I get it.

But this guy is one big ball of shit.

As for the employee that commented. If you find yourself down the road in Cincinnati, look me up. I will buy you a beer.

Mike

Hate may be a bit strong, although it might be understandable for the guy who owns the car that is the subject of this thread, and the former employee who posted. As for everyone else, my guess is you haven't read all of his posts going back 4-5 years (or have forgotten them), which is understandable. Grandiose BS is one thing, but combining that with attacks on people who actually know what they're doing and have successfully been doing it for years is another.

Well CTD is STILL somehow incorporated and operating. I don't believe this to be "hate" as much as I do making sure the truth gets out and it doesn't happen again. It's fairly easy for someone like DWIGG to hide behind LLC's and continue to bilk money from people. Sort of the shell game tactic while holding ZERO accountability to your customers/coworkers. It will catch up with him in one way or the other.

I'm a ex-customer of CTD and have my own story to tell when appropriate (and without hijacking Brendan's thread lol). Until then I will say that everything in this thread...and then some...is well deserved and only a small portion of what shit he's put us through. Regardless, I'm extremely happy Brendan found UGR to make his dream happen. Brendan is a stand up, honest, man that loves his family and works very hard. Nobody, especially him, should have to go through what he (and many others) did. Lies, false promises, not standing behind quoted and paid for parts/work, continued pushed dates, preschool fabrication, continually asking for more money, more lies, etc... They couldn't even hook up a damn stereo system correctly! LMAO That's pitiful coming from a company that wanted to get in the ring with UGR!

Also, it's nice to see ex-employees like Corey post in here as well. Sadly, he's not alone and many other stories need to be told. We were all sold on a dream, thought, and promises that very positive things would come out of a relationship with CTD regardless if you're a client or coworker. Live and learn, I guess.

Finally, DWIGG...please take my plane out of your stupid f**cking signature pic next to that POS you call a car. Thank you...